anyway... assuming this is true... it does make all the sense in the world... 

Sunkist has done less with more than anyone in this country... with zahid popping, they needed a huge win... perry is definitely that...

him leaving would make the huge exodus make sense as well... the wrestlers love that guy... couple that with lee being the (well deserved) golden boy now, gilman should look else where to continue to train and make some scratch for another year...

but, GD NLWC????

clearly a financial move...

22 minutes ago, LJB said:

gilman is going for the cash not the coaching or the training situation...

as he should...

As it stands, there are only 4 elite 57s in the country - Gilman has trained with one the past 3 years, one competes for Serbia, and the other.. well... it's not a secret that Gilman hates Oklahoma State. So he should go where the money is.

8 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I mean Kyle Snyder went there for coaching, why wouldn’t that be a factor for Gilman?

show us the long and storied history of lightweight success at NLWC...

there isn't any...

if tokyo was still on, neither gilman nor perry would have moved at this time...

47 minutes ago, LJB said:

show us the long and storied history of lightweight success at NLWC...

there isn't any...

if tokyo was still on, neither gilman nor perry would have moved at this time...

Dennis, Gilman, Ramos, Lee?

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Nico started his real world career in Pittsburgh a few years back and has been training there since then 

Ah thanks.  Would love to see him make a run next year.  

1 minute ago, lu_alum said:

Dennis better than Rahmos-> Rahmos leaves
Lee better than Gilman -> Gilman leaves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

checkers mentality...

if it was all about lee, then why was gilman still there up to today?

15 minutes ago, LJB said:

so, poking around a little on the googlewebs...

HWC is dropping funding for the girls which really pissed perry off and prompted the move... 

that is a shame if true... i loved the girls being at HWC... 

If true that is a pretty short term venture in their part, especially considering they were in a spot to put a few of their athletes on the Olympic team.  

well, this covid-19 world we are living in today means some hard decisions for a lot of people/businesses/institutions...

speculation is that they had to make a choice, new facility or continue to sponsor the women... that seems a little silly to me... i cannot imagine the women being able to command a real chunk of change, but, who knows...

all i can really say is that i am disappointed all around about this news...

i really like perry and felt like he brought great value as a coach... him going to sunkist (or ASU whichever) is great for them, but, i have never been a huge fan of that program...

big gilman fan... there is little i dislike about him personally... and although i think Lee ultimately wins the spot at 57, i was super curious about their best of 3 series... gilman without perry and at NLWC, i feel like we should just give Lee the spot... this move is not going to do anything to help gilman beat lee...