So I listened to the Brands/Bader interview. Terry clearly stated that the HWC isn’t short of cash, but I don’t think that he addressed if funding for the girls program was being cut, but he did repeatedly say that the girls are welcome to stay as long as they want and in fact where trying to recruit another gal to the HWC. So I am not sure what is going on, it could just be that since Mark Perry is their coach it just may be that they’re just following their coach to his new job. But that leads to the question why is Perry leaving in the first place. I think there’s something else going on, but Terry did say that they are looking for a replacement for Perry, so I guess we’ll see. As far as Gilman is concerned Terry said that  Gilman’s GF is from PA., and she wants to go back home, and Gilman is just going with her. Now maybe that’s all there is to all of this, or maybe it has to do with money, and maybe it has something to do with Spencer Lee. But as I write this I have to wonder if the cancelled season has something to do with all of this, is the Covid -19 impacting the financial picture for the HWC. 

So I listened to the Brands/Bader interview. Terry clearly stated that the HWC isn’t short of cash, but I don’t think that he addressed if funding for the girls program was being cut, but he did repeatedly say that the girls are welcome to stay as long as they want and in fact where trying to recruit another gal to the HWC. So I am not sure what is going on, it could just be that since Mark Perry is their coach it just may be that they’re just following their coach to his new job. But that leads to the question why is Perry leaving in the first place. I think there’s something else going on, but Terry did say that they are looking for a replacement for Perry, so I guess we’ll see. As far as Gilman is concerned Terry said that  Gilman’s GF is from PA., and she wants to go back home, and Gilman is just going with her. Now maybe that’s all there is to all of this, or maybe it has to do with money, and maybe it has something to do with Spencer Lee. But as I write this I have to wonder if the cancelled season has something to do with all of this, is the Covid -19 impacting the financial picture for the HWC. 
In Tom's interview (posted above) he says there's no funding issue for female wrestlers.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Well there’s an article on track Wrestling with Tom Brands by Andy Hamilton and Tom sounds very upbeat and positive, (if you can be positive about losing quality people), but it sounded like he was happy for Perry and Gilman getting to move on to new opportunities. So who knows, maybe it just a coincidence. 

Edited by de4856
Spelling

Not at all saying this is going to happen, but what a statement NLWC could potentially make in ‘21.....

Gilman beats Lee and goes on to medal

Zain keeps his spot 

DT wins gold

Snyder wins gold. 

Two, possibly three of those things the majority of people around the world believe are not going to happen. But you take each one individually...far from impossible. 

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Not at all saying this is going to happen, but what a statement NLWC could potentially make in ‘21.....

Gilman beats Lee and goes on to medal

Zain keeps his spot 

DT wins gold

Snyder wins gold. 

Two, possibly three of those things the majority of people around the world believe are not going to happen. But you take each one individually...far from impossible. 

Lmao good luck to Gilman.  Gilman likely won’t make it to Lee.

10 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Of course not, but it’s poor journalism to not ask an obvious question..

that wasn't some hard hitting investigative piece of journalism... to compare it to woodward and bernstein is silly...

it was an opportunity for Gilman to have a platform... nothing more or less... he stated specifically he was not going to say anything negative about HWC or anyone involved... trying to get combative with him over that would have been counterproductive and ridiculous to boot...

38 minutes ago, LJB said:

keep fitting everything to your narrative...

you are nothing if not consistent...

Nor does he need to admit, I know what happens.  It’s not close between them, and it’s doubtful Cael and company can close the gap in 1 year.

5 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Nor does he need to admit, I know what happens.  It’s not close between them, and it’s doubtful Cael and company can close the gap in 1 year.

oh... you KNOOOOOOOW what happens?

the northern star you are...

30 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Let’s slow down a bit with handing Lee the spot. I think he lost the last time he wrestled Fix. Lee wrestled one tournament in the last few years, he was dominant but he didn’t beat any real threats to the team imo. 

1 hour ago, LJB said:

that wasn't some hard hitting investigative piece of journalism... to compare it to woodward and bernstein is silly...

it was an opportunity for Gilman to have a platform... nothing more or less... he stated specifically he was not going to say anything negative about HWC or anyone involved... trying to get combative with him over that would have been counterproductive and ridiculous to boot...

It doesn’t need to be negative, not wanting another Dennis Ramos situation is being proactive. It’s happened plenty around the country, Zain and Molinaro had a similar situation. All things equal the team should throw their support the guy still in college. 

Just now, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

It doesn’t need to be negative, not wanting another Dennis Ramos situation is being proactive. It’s happened plenty around the country, Zain and Molinaro had a similar situation. All things equal the team should throw their support the guy still in college. 

i don't think there is any question TnT are more focused on Lee and they absolutely should be... not only is he top 3 on a bad on the senior ladder, but, he is still in college and that is where their paychecks come from... Gilman has this last go around and that will be it for his truly competitive years... he will not be around (that should be read as competitive) for 2024...

Gilman understands this... he is way smarter than most... that's why Perry leaving is the bigger deal... and you can clearly see it that interview... 

if he was running from Lee like the mooks think, he would have done it at the very latest last summer when it was obvious Lee was going to wrestle senior matches and more specifically after losing to fix at the trials... but he wasn't and isn't worried about Lee... he is only worried about himself... and he definitely has improved this last year working with perry...

was it enough to beat Lee at the trials?

we will never know, but, i bet it would have been very competitive regardless...

my expectation is for him to fall further behind Lee at while he is at NLWC... and i hate to see that, but, i am glad he will be making a good paycheck and perhaps that helps him set up some things for his coaching career...