22 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Let’s slow down a bit with handing Lee the spot. I think he lost the last time he wrestled Fix. Lee wrestled one tournament in the last few years, he was dominant but he didn’t beat any real threats to the team imo. 

I’d say Arujau and Tomasello both have a decent chance to finish top 3.  I’m not saying Lee has the spot yet, I just think he’s the best guy we have.  My prediction is that he wins the spot.

Fix is great and also has a chance, if he’s allowed to compete.

Gilman is solid as well, and also has a chance to finish top 3.  

Honestly there is at least 10 guys that could finish top 3 at this weight class.  It might be the best trials weight we have.

19 minutes ago, LJB said:

clearly you haven't kept up with mook's shtick...

LEE WILL TECH EVERYONE ON THE PLANET IN UNDER A MINUTE UNLESS HE DOESN'T WANT TO TECH THEM THAT QUICK!!!!

I have never said that. Things I have said are; Lee will get plenty of senior level techs and I believe Lee is our best 57 kg guy.

I’ve also predicted he’s the Olympic champion in Tokyo.

I’ve also said some of his matches (like the ones that end early via tech) are easy.  Not sure what’s so bad about me having an opinion on a message board.

1 minute ago, Mokoma said:

I have never said that. Things I have said are; Lee will get plenty of senior level techs and I believe Lee is our best 57 kg guy.

I’ve also predicted he’s the Olympic champion in Tokyo.

I’ve also said some of his matches (like the ones that end early via tech) are easy.  Not sure what’s so bad about me having an opinion on a message board.

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwweee...

don't get your feelings hurt little fella...

you can have an opinion no matter how elementary it is... 

Just now, LJB said:

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwweee...

don't get your feelings hurt little fella...

you can have an opinion no matter how elementary it is... 

I’m not hurt at all.  This is clearly bothering you quite a bit tho.

Just now, Mokoma said:

I’m not hurt at all.  This is clearly bothering you quite a bit tho.

weak attempt... 

2 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Well it was ugly 2-3 years ago, and like you said the gap is only gonna get bigger.  Why would he be closer now?

Gilman is better now than he was in 2019 and better than he was in 2018...

things are not static... ever...

and what happened in a practice room 3 years ago means exactly jack and sh!t... and clearly jack just left town...

but, again and always...

keep trying

7 minutes ago, LJB said:

weak attempt... 

Gilman is better now than he was in 2019 and better than he was in 2018...

things are not static... ever...

and what happened in a practice room 3 years ago means exactly jack and sh!t... and clearly jack just left town...

but, again and always...

keep trying

Wasn’t he a world silver medalist at one point?  His not being able to make a team now means he’s better?  

He very well may be better, but the gap, as you stated, is going to continue to get bigger.  

he was a silver medalist in 2017... beat fix to make the team in 2018 where he finished... lost to fix in 2019 and stayed home... then just beat fix in rome this season fairly convincingly...

ebbs and flows...

by your rational, Lee will never make a team because Fix wrecked him 2 straight the last time they wrestled... i mean that gap will just continue to get bigger, right??????

chess... not checkers...

30 minutes ago, LJB said:

he was a silver medalist in 2017... beat fix to make the team in 2018 where he finished... lost to fix in 2019 and stayed home... then just beat fix in rome this season fairly convincingly...

ebbs and flows...

by your rational, Lee will never make a team because Fix wrecked him 2 straight the last time they wrestled... i mean that gap will just continue to get bigger, right??????

chess... not checkers...

You’re the one who said the gap is going to get bigger between Lee and Gilman.  I do agree with the statement though.  

Fix did not wreck Lee that is absurd, but was also what 5 years ago or something?

Gilman went silver world medal in 2017, 5th in 2018 to not making the team in 2019.  I predict in 2020/21 he doesn’t even make OTT finals.  That’s a downward trend.  If he wins the spot, then that’s a different story.  

He’s in the hunt for sure.  

3 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

You’re the one who said the gap is going to get bigger between Lee and Gilman.  I do agree with the statement though.  

Fix did not wreck Lee that is absurd, but was also what 5 years ago or something?

Gilman went silver world medal in 2017, 5th in 2018 to not making the team in 2019.  I predict in 2020/21 he doesn’t even make OTT finals.  That’s a downward trend.  If he wins the spot, then that’s a different story.  

He’s in the hunt for sure.  

i do believe the gap widens, but, because he will be without Perry and at NLWC... 

you forget what Gilman just did to Fix in Rome a couple of months ago... he beat him more convincingly than either of them had to each other previously... even though i explained it to you, you still conveniently leave it out... because it does not fit your child-like narrative...

fix did wreck Lee... 2 straight matches... he game planned him to a tee... Lee was DOA at the end of both of those matches...

and so what if it was 5 years ago?

you are basing your whole opinion of Gilman/Lee based off a practice room go 3 years ago...

again... just pick and choose what you want to use to fit your fan boi' opinion...

38 minutes ago, LJB said:

i do believe the gap widens, but, because he will be without Perry and at NLWC... 

you forget what Gilman just did to Fix in Rome a couple of months ago... he beat him more convincingly than either of them had to each other previously... even though i explained it to you, you still conveniently leave it out... because it does not fit your child-like narrative...

fix did wreck Lee... 2 straight matches... he game planned him to a tee... Lee was DOA at the end of both of those matches...

you are basing your whole opinion of Gilman/Lee based off a practice room go 3 years ago...

again... just pick and choose what you want to use to fit your fan boi' opinion...

You call a 2-1 win with no takedowns more convincing than the other wins between the two?  That’s an interesting take to say the least.  Let’s remember that Fix has 9-1 8-4 and 6-3 wins over Gilman and Gilman also has a 6-3 win over Fix.  

My whole opinion is on a lot more than just practice room.  

You call a 2-1 win with no takedowns more convincing than the other wins between the two?  That’s an interesting take to say the least.  Let’s remember that Fix has 9-1 8-4 and 6-3 wins over Gilman and Gilman also has a 6-3 win over Fix.  

My whole opinion is on a lot more than just practice room.  

if you actually watched the match you "might" understand that the score is not indicative of how dominant the win was... it was never in question... it was the most dominant win in their series...

factor in Gilman also just qualified the weight at pan ams while avenging a loss from two years ago to the cuban... it is clear to see he is wrestling as well as he ever has...

of course, one would have to actually watch wrestling and be able to interpret what they are seeing to get the full scope...

maybe one day...

47 minutes ago, LJB said:

I'm not really involved in this convo, but your characterization of the Fix-Lee series is absurd. Lee was in control of both matches. Match 1, he had a 5-0 lead late, had dominated fix, and didn't close the match out properly giving up a hip tip for 2 off his shot in the closing seconds to lose on criteria (narrowly missing out on a final point due to time running out). The first exposure Fix scored was also really questionable, but again bad tactics by Lee taken advantage of by Fix. In match 2, he was once again in control with a 4-1 lead with a minute to go. He once again got too aggressive, tried to throw by an underhook. He got inside tripped into 2 laces for 8 points in the span of about 10 seconds. That was the only 10 seconds of the match where Fix was the better guy and he made it count. Lee closed the gap, but didn't have time to come all the way back.

Big time credit to Fix for making the most of his opportunities, especially after getting mauled by Lee the year prior, but saying that he "wrecked" Lee means you're either trying to be polemical or you're a simpleton (perhaps both?).

3 minutes ago, LJB said:

if you actually watched the match you "might" understand that the score is not indicative of how dominant the win was... it was never in question... it was the most dominant win in their series...

factor in Gilman also just qualified the weight at pan ams while avenging a loss from two years ago to the cuban... it is clear to see he is wrestling as well as he ever has...

of course, one would have to actually watch wrestling and be able to interpret what they are seeing to get the full scope...

maybe one day...

The Rome win was not the most dominant match in the series and it's not even close. What are you talking about. Both of Gilman's 2018 wins were more dominant as well as Fix's first win at Final X last year. The only matches closer were the Open and match 3 last year. 

6 minutes ago, LJB said:

maybe one day...

I did watch it, and again now to be sure. What was so dominant about it?  Neither guy really got close to scoring a takedown, and Gilman got 2 for exposure that was fairly close to not being a score.

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

I'm not really involved in this convo, but your characterization of the Fix-Lee series is absurd. Lee was in control of both matches. Match 1, he had a 5-0 lead late, had dominated fix, and didn't close the match out properly giving up a hip tip for 2 off his shot in the closing seconds to lose on criteria (narrowly missing out on a final point due to time running out). The first exposure Fix scored was also really questionable, but again bad tactics by Lee taken advantage of by Fix. In match 2, he was once again in control with a 4-1 lead with a minute to go. He once again got too aggressive, tried to throw by an underhook. He got inside tripped into 2 laces for 8 points in the span of about 10 seconds. That was the only 10 seconds of the match where Fix was the better guy and he made it count. Lee closed the gap, but didn't have time to come all the way back.

Big time credit to Fix for making the most of his opportunities, especially after getting mauled by Lee the year prior, but saying that he "wrecked" Lee means you're either trying to be polemical or you're a simpleton (perhaps both?).

he game planned Lee... those matches went exactly how he wanted them to... all he had to do was make Lee wrestle a full match... he planned to give up the first period and then wear him down... it happened exactly like that in both matches... i know he planned this because i talked with derek before the tourney... 

guess what?

it went exactly like they planned...

to be fair, it is a bit of a hyperbolic statement designed to elicit the response it has...

I did watch it, and again now to be sure. What was so dominant about it?  Neither guy really got close to scoring a takedown, and Gilman got 2 for exposure that was fairly close to not being a score.

because fix was never close to scoring a takedown... and Gilman just did what he wanted... it was never in question...

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

The Rome win was not the most dominant match in the series and it's not even close. What are you talking about. Both of Gilman's 2018 wins were more dominant as well as Fix's first win at Final X last year. The only matches closer were the Open and match 3 last year. 

Thanks uncle bernard.  He’s obviously lost his dang mind or he’s that clueless.

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

scores do not tell the story by themselves... the wrestling does...

Gilman is definitely better now than he was in 2017, but his competition is better now. Fix did not wreck Lee, but he did close both matches better to earn those wins.

Four guys have legit shots at our spot in my mind: Lee, Fix, Gilman, and Gross.

I am supremely bummed Gilman left Iowa, but I get it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just now, LJB said:

because fix was never close to scoring a takedown... and Gilman just did what he wanted... it was never in question...

I would say most people believe this match was in question and very close.  It could go either way next time.

Just now, VakAttack said:

Gilman is definitely better now than he was in 2017, but his competition is better now. Fix did not wreck Lee, but he did close both matches better to earn those wins.

Four guys have legit shots at our spot in my mind: Lee, Fix, Gilman, and Gross.

I am supremely bummed Gilman left Iowa, but I get it.

What about Colon, Arujau, Suriano and Arujau?

Just now, Mokoma said:

I would say most people believe this match was in question and very close.  It could go either way next time.

most people are average by definition...

fix has regressed and Gilman has gotten better...

this is not hard to see

What about Colon, Arujau, Suriano and Arujau?

I do not believe any of them are legit threats this cycle to actually run a tournament gauntlet due to: age/weight cut, lack of defense, and lack of offense respectively. You listed Arujau twice. Aruna could make a jump, though.

Essentially, I could see them beating one of the top 4, but not two or three.