tightwaist

Who were the greatest characters in the modern era?

I’ve always been intrigued by wrestlers that play by their own rules. These guys are usually the free-spirit types who have larger than life personalities, yet are also elite talents.  We all know about Gable, Cael and many of the best evers.  While we admire their work ethic, skill set and talent, they are probably pretty boring in general.  

Who would make your list?  My top 5:

- Rick Sanders

- Ray Brinzer

- Ben Askren

-Johny Hendricks

- Wade Schalles

Palacio, Brooks, Hendricks, Askren, Mocco, Ramos.

Naming guys who created an ‘outside the regular wrestler behavior’ aura around them.  In other words, they created a character with a distinct vibe that stood out.  

14 minutes ago, pamela said:

Haha, I noticed that Dylan Palacio is still doing those prank videos where he acts like a disheveled unhoused person and challenges strangers to take him down for $1000. I saw a clip on TikTok about a week ago.

Except they're obviously in on the prank. You have to block out all common sense to think these are legit. videos.

Hope he doesn't run into Bo Jordan during one of these stunts.

5 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Except they're obviously in on the prank. You have to block out all common sense to think these are legit. videos.

Don't ruin it for me, man! I prefer to believe Dylan is fooling everyone into his not random at all takedown bet while his marks don't notice the camera person filming them the entire time.

15 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

The videos don’t have to be “real” to be entertaining though.

Not sure what the parameters for “modern era” are, but the OP seems pretty generous with that given the names he listed. With that in mind, top of my list would be Ray Brinzer (Flo if your listening he should be your next documentary), followed by Royce Alger, Randy Lewis, Palacio, and Askren.

10 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Not sure what the parameters for “modern era” are, but the OP seems pretty generous with that given the names he listed. With that in mind, top of my list would be Ray Brinzer (Flo if your listening he should be your next documentary), followed by Royce Alger, Randy Lewis, Palacio, and Askren.

assuming post invention of automobile and airplane but ...