tightwaist

Who were the greatest characters in the modern era?

Surprised no one has mentioned Jake Herbert yet. He was all attitude at Northwestern after Askren graduated and then followed with the stache and a beautiful mullet, the Ron Burgundy look at the Midlands, BaBa Booey-ing at the Olympics, a variety of media adventures, and all of the stories people have heard that aren't for public consumption.

Edited by KSchlosser

1 hour ago, KSchlosser said:

Surprised no one has mentioned Jake Herbert yet. He was all attitude at Northwestern after Askren graduated and then followed with the stache and a beautiful mullet, the Ron Burgundy look at the Midlands, BaBa Booey-ing at the Olympics, a variety of media adventures, and all of the stories people have heard that aren't for public consumption.

Jake Herbert was a character and at the time, I remember several top guys, still actively wrestling, giving him praise and saying he was the most fun to watch.  Many compliments from his peers who were not on his team.  I think that says something.

Palacio sure is a big fan of himself.

"Let me paint a picture for you...you see, I like painting pictures for people when I talk.."

That one interview made me both laugh (because he was not joking) and cringe (because he was not joking).

However, he's a talented guy and will probably do whatever it is necessary to gain attention/success (not sure what's more important to people these days, in the social media era).

I agree that he was trying to be a character and stand out while guys like Rick Sanders, Brinzer, Askren, Gilman, etc. were just being themselves.

Edited by Cementmixer103

23 hours ago, GockeS said:

That one and this one attached. Now, I'm sorry if I'm minimizing the struggle/loss he starts off with, but the tangent he goes on is directly related to his realization that he's got the camera on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxW31zjlQzA