sisi

Gilman going to Penn St

Think about the cash it is going to cost the club.

You have Nolf, Retherford, Megaludis, Joseph, Hall, Nickal, Taylor all receiving NLWC cash and then add Snyder and Gilman.

Did Megaludis hang it up?

14 minutes ago, Boompa said:

You have Nolf, Retherford, Megaludis, Joseph, Hall, Nickal, Taylor all receiving NLWC cash and then add Snyder and Gilman.

Megaludis is a Pitt 

7 minutes ago, Bozak2018 said:

Does this tell us that Spencer may be winning the battles in the room and Gilman is looking to get away from that to try and figure out how to beat him?

We’ve known this since Spencer Lee arrived in Iowa. 

*5 minutes before a call to Happy Valley*

Gilman- (shuffles feet) “Hey, ummm, uhh, Coach Brands...I, uh, need to ask you something.”

Brands- “Sure Champ, what is it?”

Gilman- “well, umm, you know I haven’t been doing so well against Spencer and I could really use some more one-on-one time.”

Brands- “Let me stop you there son. Don’t worry, I’ll always be in your corner!”

Gilman- (sobbing) “Thank, thank, thank you sir”

19 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

*5 minutes before a call to Happy Valley*

Gilman- (shuffles feet) “Hey, ummm, uhh, Coach Brands...I, uh, need to ask you something.”

Brands- “Sure Champ, what is it?”

Gilman- “well, umm, you know I haven’t been doing so well against Spencer and I could really use some more one-on-one time.”

Brands- “Let me stop you there son. Don’t worry, I’ll always be in your corner!”

Gilman- (sobbing) “Thank, thank, thank you sir”

Which Brands?

Does it make a difference?

Can’t blame him for moving given his circumstances. No one wants to train with one of their biggest competitors for the Olympics. The coaches would be put in an awkward situation and they really need to pick one to coach. Lee is obviously their guy so Gilman avoids a Ramos situation before it happens. 

I get the training with your competitor thing, but OTTs were supposed to be a week ago.  It wasn't a problem pre-COVID so I don't think it's totally a Spencer thing.   With the timing of the Perry thing, it's pretty clear the HWC is having funding issues or changes, was likely the biggest factor if I had to guess.

8 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Can’t blame him for moving given his circumstances. No one wants to train with one of their biggest competitors for the Olympics. The coaches would be put in an awkward situation and they really need to pick one to coach. Lee is obviously their guy so Gilman avoids a Ramos situation before it happens. 

Absolutely agree

1 hour ago, Boompa said:

Mega is recovering from surgery and said he will be back on the mat. I thought he was working at his dad's investment advisory firm to pay his own way through at NLWC but I guess Pitt makes more sense.

Is JRod still with the NLWC?

This will be huge for PSU's recruiting at the lower weights. And will help the guys both on the team now, and the guys about to start up at PSU like Robbie Howard and Beau Bartlett. I expect RBY to jump up again, and Nick Lee to crush everyone next year at 141. 

Massive move for them. 

14 minutes ago, pamela said:

Mega is recovering from surgery and said he will be back on the mat. I thought he was working at his dad's investment advisory firm to pay his own way through at NLWC but I guess Pitt makes more sense.

Is JRod still with the NLWC?

I believe Flo had an interview with Mega.  He has it made at his dad's place.  Full sized wrestling room, weight room, etc.  Luxury style setup.  He looks recovered and is shadow wrestling.

1 hour ago, Bozak2018 said:

Does this tell us that Spencer may be winning the battles in the room and Gilman is looking to get away from that to try and figure out how to beat him?

Yes, Lee has been rolling Gilman for a few years now.

38 minutes ago, Le duke said:

This will be huge for PSU's recruiting at the lower weights. And will help the guys both on the team now, and the guys about to start up at PSU like Robbie Howard and Beau Bartlett. I expect RBY to jump up again, and Nick Lee to crush everyone next year at 141. 

Massive move for them. 

I do think that it might help RBY, but I do not see how it will help Nick Lee crush Yianni and Eierman.  Yianni is better than Lee and has better partners.  Eierman is on a similar level as Lee in folk and has similar partners.

40 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Massive move for them. 

Lee gonna crush Yianni, or are you assuming Yianni to 149 next year?

41 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Massive move for them. 

3 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I do think that it might help RBY, but I do not see how it will help Nick Lee crush Yianni and Eierman.  Yianni is better than Lee and has better partners.  Eierman is on a similar level as Lee in folk and has similar partners.

Quarantine is getting him delirious.