Jump to content
Threadkilla

How old is Echemendia?

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

whatever is the truth, whatever you believe, that crappy article on flo doesn't change anything. what a worthless piece.

 

I sense some hostility in your words.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the film was pretty much just about what he had to go through to make it into the US...

you see what an 18 year old kid went through to get into this country... they just cut to him after the film and he was too emotional to even talk... he is a kid who wants to see his parents...

compare that to some jack ass on a forum saying how he hates anyone who voted for some politician... 

anyway... it was a great film...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He said in the beginning that he made his first team at 17 and he was on 3 teams. He also said he was in the us for 1 year when he won Fargo. Correct if I’m wrong but that sounds like 4 years, which had him 20 in high school. Would he be allowed to compete at 20 on the high school level?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ugh...

he joined the national team at 16... he made his first team at 17... 3 years with the team (16, 17, 18)... bailed from guatemala at 18... 8 days to get to a detention center on the US border... 4 months in detention centers... turned 19 there... got out, went to sunnyside... wrecked fools... then at fargo that summer... caused all sorts of butt hurt... lots clearly still red and raw...

the timeline makes sense if you don't make stuff up...

don't use confirmation bias to "hear" what you want to hear... actually listen...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LJB said:

ugh...

he joined the national team at 16... he made his first team at 17... 3 years with the team (16, 17, 18)... bailed from guatemala at 18... 8 days to get to a detention center on the US border... 4 months in detention centers... turned 19 there... got out, went to sunnyside... wrecked fools... then at fargo that summer... caused all sorts of butt hurt... lots clearly still red and raw...

the timeline makes sense if you don't make stuff up...

don't use confirmation bias to "hear" what you want to hear... actually listen...

Your math is a little off there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You say he joined the national team at 16. Assuming that was close to his birthday, which is September. So he makes a world/national team whatever the following year and is 17.  Then he sticks around another year and turns 18.  He would have had to stay around another year after that because he supposedly turns 19 in September and arrived here right before then.  The math doesn't add up.  Unless he spent almost a year in flux someplace and was off the radar. He said it took him a month to reach the US border?  The math really doesn't add up if he joined the national team months after his birthday, or even the following calender year.  It's more likely that he fudged on his birth records to be eligible to wrestle in high school.  From his prior contact with a coach who was apparently known for such things, and he just happens to end up at that school. It begs the question, unless there's just a lot of coincidences.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TripNSweep said:

You say he joined the national team at 16. Assuming that was close to his birthday, which is September. So he makes a world/national team whatever the following year and is 17.  Then he sticks around another year and turns 18.  He would have had to stay around another year after that because he supposedly turns 19 in September and arrived here right before then.  The math doesn't add up.  Unless he spent almost a year in flux someplace and was off the radar. He said it took him a month to reach the US border?  The math really doesn't add up if he joined the national team months after his birthday, or even the following calender year.  It's more likely that he fudged on his birth records to be eligible to wrestle in high school.  From his prior contact with a coach who was apparently known for such things, and he just happens to end up at that school. It begs the question, unless there's just a lot of coincidences.  

fukn hell...

you want him to be suspect so you paint everything that way with nothing concrete to support...

ask yourself why that is important to you?

he left a loving family to come to country that is supposed to be a land of opportunity, but, he landed in the realm of weak a$$ bitches...

he was legal...

he kicked ass because this country values not wrestling over actually wrestling...

all the whining is just that...

next season, you chumps won't be able to say a thing...  then what?

chimps... nothing more...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, LJB said:

fukn hell...

you want him to be suspect so you paint everything that way with nothing concrete to support...

ask yourself why that is important to you?

he left a loving family to come to country that is supposed to be a land of opportunity, but, he landed in the realm of weak a$$ bitches...

he was legal...

he kicked ass because this country values not wrestling over actually wrestling...

all the whining is just that...

next season, you chumps won't be able to say a thing...  then what?

chimps... nothing more...

There are just too many coincidences to make me think that this is all on the up and up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LJB said:

ugh...

he joined the national team at 16... he made his first team at 17... 3 years with the team (16, 17, 18)... bailed from guatemala at 18... 8 days to get to a detention center on the US border... 4 months in detention centers... turned 19 there... got out, went to sunnyside... wrecked fools... then at fargo that summer... caused all sorts of butt hurt... lots clearly still red and raw...

the timeline makes sense if you don't make stuff up...

don't use confirmation bias to "hear" what you want to hear... actually listen...

You are really bad at making things up and trying to get everyone to believe you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LJB said:

fukn hell...

you want him to be suspect so you paint everything that way with nothing concrete to support...

ask yourself why that is important to you?

he left a loving family to come to country that is supposed to be a land of opportunity, but, he landed in the realm of weak a$$ bitches...

he was legal...

he kicked ass because this country values not wrestling over actually wrestling...

all the whining is just that...

next season, you chumps won't be able to say a thing...  then what?

chimps... nothing more...

You are correct, next year it won’t matter. However he is probably lying about his age and it’s making you look stupid for believing a kid from Cuba. Not sure if you know this or not but they lie all the time about ages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I thiink Cassar was 18 when he enrolled,  had a horrific Injury at worlds.was out for essentially 3 years,  I don't think he was on campus for one of those, then competed for 3 years.   I think hall was 20 when he came to PSU,  pretty sure he is 24 now.        
Hall was 19. He would have turned 20 early in his Freshman year. January I think.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2020 at 9:03 AM, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

You are correct, next year it won’t matter. However he is probably lying about his age and it’s making you look stupid for believing a kid from Cuba. Not sure if you know this or not but they lie all the time about ages. 

All Cubans lie about their age? What?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Housebuye said:

All Cubans lie about their age? What?

I thought this was common knowledge in regards to Cuban athletes who come here to compete. Look back into the large influx  of Cuban baseball players who lied about being MUCH younger to earn longer and higher paying contracts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, HokieHWT said:

I thought this was common knowledge in regards to Cuban athletes who come here to compete. Look back into the large influx  of Cuban baseball players who lied about being MUCH younger to earn longer and higher paying contracts.

There's a lot of prospects who live nearby me because they play winter or fall league baseball here.  One guy who plays for a Cubs affiliate told me that he was really 28, but they had him listed as 23.  He wasn't Cuban, he was from the DR, but he said it's an extremely common practice all around with athletes coming here.  It's like the wild west with baseball players because scouts or agents or whoever can pay people off before a kid is eligible to sign and make sure he signs with them, etc. It's basically like what would happen if the NCAA said that they weren't going to have any more rules about recruiting and you could do whatever you wanted to get guys to sign an NLI.  It sounds interesting having scouts and agents fighting over 15 year old kids, and then you get the organized crime involved then it really gets interesting.  There's all kinds of wild stories that I've heard and I believe they're mostly true.  Guys have paid drug traffickers to get them out of Cuba, then had their families held hostage at gunpoint by the cartels or whoever back in Cuba until they pay up a bunch of their contract money.  It's crazy.  But anyway the point is, altering ages for athletic purposes is a lot more common than people think.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...