seanlove22

Best College Matches All-Time (via YouTube)

9 minutes ago, seanlove22 said:

Given the current circumstances, I am trying to put together a list of the best college matches all-time for my team to watch via YouTube.   Any suggestions, please post them here.  

Ironside vs Kolat

Snyder vs Gwiz in finals

Bo Nickal against anyone except Rutgers

Joseph vs Marinelli (any of them)

Nice to see you here, seanlove22. I hope the family is well and that the Mustangs are thriving.

Darrion Caldwell vs. Ryan Lang (2007 NCAA Quarters)

Darrion Caldwell vs. Brent Metcalf (2009 NCAA Finals)

Steve Marianetti vs. Lincoln McIlravy (1995 NCAA Finals)

Joe Gilbert vs. Tom Brands (1991 B10 Finals)

Jim Gibbons vs. Randy Lewis (dual meet)

Cael Sanderson vs. Paul Jenn (dual meet) - completely lopsided, but Sanderson show what it is like when someone works 100% of the match.

Michael Kemerer vs. Mark Lee (dual meet)

18 hours ago, Tofurky said:

Nice to see you here, seanlove22. I hope the family is well and that the Mustangs are thriving.

Cael Sanderson vs. Paul Jenn (dual meet) - completely lopsided, but Sanderson show what it is like when someone works 100% of the match.

Great mix of young and old, thanks for adding to my list Tofurky!  Come back to Matmen, we need to some rational thought in times like these....

23 hours ago, Tofurky said:

Who is Mark Lee? Did you mean Hall?

I don't know if I can find copies, but some from DII:

Shane Perkey of Indiapolis vs. Adam Keiswetter was a freaking battle for the bronze in the 2005 DII nationals.  

2x 165 Champ Shawn Silvis vs. 2x 149 Champ Waylon Lowe  in the Regional finals was awesome in 2004,  I have heard the finals at NCAA's 2 weeks later was awesome too.  

3 hours ago, Mokoma said:

Who is Mark Lee? Did you mean Hall?

You are correct and thank you for catching my mistake. I was thinking of Rivera vs. Lee at the same time. Again, thanks for catching that.

2 hours ago, StallWarning said:

No pins are flukes but I'll bet if they had wrestled again Jenkins wouldn't have pinned him.

I watched it again. For some reason my memory deceived me and I thought it was a short match like when pic pinned lee.  Bubba pinned Taylor in the 2nd and he gave up no takedowns.  So I was wrong about being fluke. 

I love all of those.  Probably no video of these, but I'd like to see Jackson Vs Bielenberg, and Galea upset of Kemp at the Midlands.  I saw Lee Kemp's come from behind victory in Stillwater over a damned tough Cowboy named Paul Martin.  Sometimes I've found my memory isn't as accurate as I'd like, but I believe Paul was ahead 7-3 with around 10 seconds left in the 8 minute match era...Lee reversed him to his back from the standing position.   I thought it was like watching Fuji or Gable or the Kellers...just knew you were seeing something special.  Hard to describe, but when you see it, you can never forget it.  Keller dominating Larry Owing the year after he had defeated Gable would be interesting.

On 4/13/2020 at 3:19 PM, StallWarning said:

No pins are flukes but I'll bet if they had wrestled again Jenkins wouldn't have pinned him.

I watched it too.  From watching them come through the tournament you thought DT would thump him, but the rumors were that he was beating him in the Penn State room so you knew it was going to be interesting.  If I remember correct, Taylor had no answer to the cradle counter to his single leg, and when it was hooked up, he certainly had no chance of escaping.  It was a great performance by Jenkins imho. I've picked Taylor in every match he's competed in since he was a freshman.  I've been wrong a few times, but I sure like the way he gets after it...but I give Jenkins credit in almost a Owings/Gable type way.  Not as big, but a pretty big shocker in the finals.  Taylor was having a near Hodge type season as a freshman.

Edited by Peso