Sign in to follow this  
gobraves101905

Transfer Portal

12 hours ago, Mphillips said:

No place at the INN...

In loosely related news, do we think Ohio Stafe puts Echemedia out there vs Eierman? That seems like an auto tech/pin in folkstyle. Terrible style matchup for Ech. DEmilio lost an extra match though, although it was off a ridiculous call

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

In loosely related news, do we think Ohio Stafe puts Echemedia out there vs Eierman? That seems like an auto tech/pin in folkstyle. Terrible style matchup for Ech. DEmilio lost an extra match though, although it was off a ridiculous call

If Ech can somehow not get underneath he might be able to stop the bonus, right?

I also don't see how he doesn't stop Eierman from taking him down at least once.

Hell even Eierman's bottom game is a liability to Ech's top game.  Could whip a reversal, or worse, out of it.

2 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Agreed.

I'd be surprised if Ech or Malik wrestle against Iowa.  OSU gets maybe two wins here. Sasso and Smith and not that confidant in Sasso.

2 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Agreed.

I'd be surprised if Ech or Malik wrestle against Iowa.  OSU gets maybe two wins here. Sasso and Smith and not that confidant in Sasso.

Yeah. They have a small chance at 174 and 197, but I think 2 wins is correct

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

If Ech can somehow not get underneath he might be able to stop the bonus, right?

I also don't see how he doesn't stop Eierman from taking him down at least once.

Hell even Eierman's bottom game is a liability to Ech's top game.  Could whip a reversal, or worse, out of it.

He can’t avoid getting taken down. Eierman’s pressure forces shots. Eierman will walk straight at him, just so he shoots. Ech may get a takedown, but I think it is a first period pin

34 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Agreed.

Agree don't think we see either against Iowa.I think it ends up a 8-2 dual as well 165 for sure without Marinelli and Sasso.Something tells me Brands vs Jordan is gonna end up being a good one and really close

52 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Agreed.

14 minutes ago, calot said:

Agree don't think we see either against Iowa.I think it ends up a 8-2 dual as well 165 for sure without Marinelli and Sasso.Something tells me Brands vs Jordan is gonna end up being a good one and really close

Did I miss something on Malik.  I've seen a few toons on a few different outlets say he might be taking a quack here.  Speculation or hurt or?

I think Ohio State needs to put Ech out there as often as possible.  He needs mpre competition against the elite to stand more than a fart's chance in a $HlT storm against the elite folkstylers.

43 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Did I miss something on Malik.  I've seen a few toons on a few different outlets say he might be taking a quack here.  Speculation or hurt or?

I think Ohio State needs to put Ech out there as often as possible.  He needs mpre competition against the elite to stand more than a fart's chance in a $HlT storm against the elite folkstylers.

Malik is 5-0 beat Foley,Cardiani and Barnett he's healthy and they're looking to keep him that way .141 could see either guy I think it will be Demilio.

25 minutes ago, calot said:

Malik is 5-0 beat Foley,Cardiani and Barnett he's healthy and they're looking to keep him that way .141 could see either guy I think it will be Demilio.

Why wouldn't he wrestle then?

Spencer isn't Desanto.  Despite looking disrespectful on the mat with gow savage he is, he is one of the most respectful and genuine kid's there is wrestling right now.  He would'nt attempt something dirty...

32 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Spencer isn't Desanto.  Despite looking disrespectful on the mat with gow savage he is, he is one of the most respectful and genuine kid's there is wrestling right now.  He would'nt attempt something dirty...

Who suggested he would?  Spencer is class.

Is winning % still a seeding criteria this year?  If so then I could definitely see Ryan ducking Lee.  If not then I don’t see the harm in seeing if Malik can make it out of the first period.

Edited by 1032004

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Reason why we are fans and someone is the coach.Its about March is what most of them say.

11 minutes ago, calot said:

Reason why we are fans and someone is the coach.Its about March is what most of them say.

I disagree to that reasoning.

It's cowardice.  That is an anti-wrestling mentality.  We are supposed to take all comers.

On 2/6/2021 at 12:10 PM, Mphillips said:

No upside for Malik. None.

I hate that you were right, but Ryan appears to have only taken the chicken$HlT way out through 133.  Got Ech and Sasso both in still.

Edited by nhs67

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I hate that you were right, but Ryan appears to have only taken the chicken$HlT way out through 133.  Got Ech and Sasso both in still.

Sasso was always wrestling. Surprised he sacrificed Ech and gave Decatur a pass. Cleary's win was a bonus and Smith did what he should. 

21 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Verkleeren  in the portal

Not surprising, he is in the portal as a graduate.  I believe he was recognized on Senior Day at PSU.

5x NY state champ Busiello also in the portal for the second time in 18 months.