Sign in to follow this  
Creek chub

VT’s Mitch Moore enters the transfer portal

Speaking as a diehard Hokie, this is a shock. Not sure of his reasons, but oddly enough there was mention by Frayer that we could possibly get a transfer in the 125-141 slots. Mitch was a home run hitter who was a blood round type guy who struggled at time to develop shots at the D1 level. Wish him the best though

18 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Wonder if he's interested in reuniting with Frank in Tempe? Seems like it'd be a nice fit if he's looking to go 49s.

Anyone know if he is looking to go 149?  That could also be a potential reason to transfer if he can't beat Andonian (assuming Andonian stays at 149).

Edited by 1032004

It’s really not that different than before except there is a portal now. Before our exposure to big time recruits was not much more than reading some online results from big tourneys and intermat rankings. Now we can see a ton of matches on each guy and have a good idea before coming in what they will be. Sometimes guys want to redshirt but are thrown to the wolves and sometimes guys wanna wrestle and be done in 4 years. If coaches don’t hold there end of the bargain then guys bounce.

21 hours ago, Downtown Brown said:

What’s with all these transfer portal guys? Now I heard of at least 5 this week. Some heading to Big12, some apparently looking to head out.

Who are some of the new ones?

On 5/4/2020 at 6:34 PM, RegularStalling said:

Update: Moore announced via twitter he will be transferring to Oklahoma. 

So who goes 149? And who stays 141? It will be up to Demas obviously. Whichever he chooses, Moore gets the other as I don't see Moore winning a wrestle off. Any idea what weight Demas wrestles next year?

On 5/7/2020 at 12:53 AM, Wrestleknownothing said:

So who goes 149? And who stays 141? It will be up to Demas obviously. Whichever he chooses, Moore gets the other as I don't see Moore winning a wrestle off. Any idea what weight Demas wrestles next year?

Demas will stay at 65kg. Granted he could wrestle either 141 or 149 and makes 65kg, so this post isn’t helpful. Sorry

5 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Demas will stay at 65kg. Granted he could wrestle either 141 or 149 and makes 65kg, so this post isn’t helpful. Sorry

But it wasn't harmful either, so thanks for the reply. Any chance Demas waits to see where Diakomihalis goes before deciding? I know there is talk Diakomihalis will go up to 149 (and that is where Wrestlestat has him).

15 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

But it wasn't harmful either, so thanks for the reply. Any chance Demas waits to see where Diakomihalis goes before deciding? I know there is talk Diakomihalis will go up to 149 (and that is where Wrestlestat has him).

Demas I don’t think will decide based on other guys. He is extremely confident in himself. Even in high school he was a bit over the top with the cockiness, but it has served him well. 

On 5/7/2020 at 12:53 AM, Wrestleknownothing said:

Well they wrestled at the 2019 ncaas and Demas won by major and they met last year and demas won 6-5 so you never know ,a wrestle off could be a lot closer then people expect, especially since both guys love going upper body and both are very good there 

5 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I mean Demas would probably be lucky to finish better than 3rd in the Big 12 at 149...