Aviator12

Ke’Shawn Hayes

Anyone know anything or hear anything regarding to whether he’s attempting for a 6th year medical? Would think he would a slot right in at 149 if Sasso bumps up or 157 if Sasso stays down. He’s basically missed 2 seasons with injury.

Edited by Aviator12

1 hour ago, Fletcher said:

He should be a shoe-in for a medical after the way they've been giving them out to PSU. Could he make 141 (now that Plecher's gone)?

Echemendia is supposed to be the man at 141. 

Kinner is no slouch either.

Sasso is NC material

Their hole is at 157.

Best lineup right now would be echemendia at 141, Kinner at 149 and Sasso at 157, and if Hayes can beat any of them at any of those weights then BOOM!

I think it’s safe to assume we will know where Sasso slots next season once Yanni announces whether he’s going 141, 149, or even 157 next year himself.

Im gonna assume Yanni’s going 149 and if that’s the case, Tom Ryan will most assuredly bump Sasso to 157 and take his chances with Sasso going against Carr/Deakin/Hidlay for a title, rather than keep him at Yanni’s weight.

Yanni D is now the next most likely 4 timer after Spencer was robbed of his chance this past season cut short.

If under the slight chance Yanni stays at 141 for a third consecutive season, Sasso could theoretically stay at 149 which is a much weaker weight minus Yanni, or with the surprise move of Yanni bumping up to 157.

The likely scenario however suits Hayes perfect which would a lot him at 149. Not perfect in the sense he’ll be competing at Yanni’s weight, but perfect in the sense 149 IMO is Hayes ideal weight, and he’s never been able to compete yet in his college career at his optimum weight.

Kind of reminds me of Ethan Kyle back in the early 2000's.  Stay home (Mizzou) and be a 3-4 year starter, or go to Ohio State (Ok State for Ethan) and be a practice partner for 3-4 years.  I like the mindset of wanting the biggest challenge, just could have a completely different career if they had chosen to stay home.

9 hours ago, Aviator12 said:

If under the slight chance Yanni stays at 141 for a third consecutive season, Sasso could theoretically stay at 149 which is a much weaker weight minus Yanni, or with the surprise move of Yanni bumping up to 157.

Is this Yanni movement up based in inside info., things Yanni's said or spectulation? He's looked like a normal sized 141 lber to me but what do I know? Can't imagine him at 157.

2 hours ago, The_MO_Godfather said:

Kind of reminds me of Ethan Kyle back in the early 2000's.  Stay home (Mizzou) and be a 3-4 year starter, or go to Ohio State (Ok State for Ethan) and be a practice partner for 3-4 years.  I like the mindset of wanting the biggest challenge, just could have a completely different career if they had chosen to stay home.

I agree, yet he may have had a similar situation at Mizzou. Eierman was at 141 during the same years, and then there was Mayes, Leeth, and Mauller at 149 in consecutive years. 

12 hours ago, Aviator12 said:

I think it’s safe to assume we will know where Sasso slots next season once Yanni announces whether he’s going 141, 149, or even 157 next year himself.

Im gonna assume Yanni’s going 149 and if that’s the case, Tom Ryan will most assuredly bump Sasso to 157 and take his chances with Sasso going against Carr/Deakin/Hidlay for a title, rather than keep him at Yanni’s weight.

Yanni D is now the next most likely 4 timer after Spencer was robbed of his chance this past season cut short.

The likely scenario however suits Hayes perfect which would a lot him at 149. Not perfect in the sense he’ll be competing at Yanni’s weight, but perfect in the sense 149 IMO is Hayes ideal weight, and he’s never been able to compete yet in his college career at his optimum weight.

Sasson looks nothing like a 157 to me, I think Carr, Deakin and Hidaly would make 3 guys who he would have a tough time against vs just Yanni. 

Sasso has had success in both free and folk style hovering around the 157 weight. He also had an odd gas tank issue at times last season, especially early on, where he would literally go to empty tank zero in the 3rd period a couple times. This may have been a weight cut issue, it would make sense if it were anyway.

Ohio State was not a good choice for him. He was recruited over and never found a good spot. Really think he would have thrived at a different program. Maybe Penn State can try and pull him in as a 1 year starter at 149 next season