LJB

Dake and JB FRL

i am about 10 minutes in and have been snickering like a loon...

if they can maintain this pace, it might be the best promo ever cut in the outside of flair and his alligator shoes...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

to be fair, it all started with superstar billy graham, but, that is a convo for another thread...

i will say, i love pyles getting all pissy because askren snuck dake in on the sneak tip... 

to be 100% fair...

JB was a bit blindsided and one could make the argument unfairly... he assumed he was just gonna come on the show and have everyone cow down to him because he is who he is and has done what he has done...

Dake came in with a mission... everything that people do not like about Dake was in full display... he does it unapologetically and as a result i find it extremely amusing... lean into it hard...

but, the absolute best part of that promo was pyles seething because he told ben not to do this and ben was like screw that... this will be the best **** ever...

he was right... it was not manufactured like it would have been on the networks... 

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

*mic drop*

Just now, gimpeltf said:

Don't forget that when Askren and JB went at it before that exhibition match, it turned out that they were training together and it was all in fun.

an exhibition match that was all in fun??????

say it aint so!!!!!!

(even with that said, it wasn't a shoot... they had trained together years previously for a couple of days... they were not "training" together... this was known previous to the match)

(furthermore, JBs "nice guy" persona was in full display that day... it still amazes me that the rubes fall for it still)

I loved when Dake started getting into his functional patterns schtick. "I'm getting younger every day" and "I'm sorry about your tissues" was just hilarious. He's such an ass but it was entertaining. Even funnier when you consider JB has completely owned him their whole career.

^this guy...

*roll eyes*

dake is just not interested in playing nice guy like JB does... they are no different... dake leans into it while JB always has to keep his true self under wraps for marketing purposes... dake will always win these types of things because of that...

1 minute ago, MadMardigain said:

No but he was trying to plead to someone that Burroughs cortisone levels were too high and that he also was fidgeting way too much. 

the "quit fidgeting" line was the absolute best... made JB squirm even more...

that was a classic tactic used to perfection by dake... JB is just not emotionally equipped to go against dake in this format...

28 minutes ago, LJB said:

^this guy...

*roll eyes*

dake is just not interested in playing nice guy like JB does... they are no different... dake leans into it while JB always has to keep his true self under wraps for marketing purposes... dake will always win these types of things because of that...

What has JB ever done in his career that makes you think he isn’t a nice guy? Everything that I’ve ever heard from first hand experiences with him is that he is extremely generous with his time to fans and I don’t ever recall him being disrespectful to his opponents. Yeah, you can cynically say the whole thing is an act, but there is zero evidence that this is the case. Some people are just very positive/nice, and I believe he is one of them. It’s part of why he’s the best ambassador for the sport in the history of USA wrestling. 

3 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

What has JB ever done in his career that makes you think he isn’t a nice guy? Everything that I’ve ever heard from first hand experiences with him is that he is extremely generous with his time to fans and I don’t ever recall him being disrespectful to his opponents. Yeah, you can cynically say the whole thing is an act, but there is zero evidence that this is the case. Some people are just very positive/nice, and I believe he is one of them. It’s part of why he’s the best ambassador for the sport in the history of USA wrestling. 

hey, JB has done his job well... you have totally bought into the persona... 

but, this episode is yet another example of what really drives JB...

he literally got angry with askren pre-interview because askren picked dake 6 times out of 10 in a fantasy matchup... he literally got mad enough at FRL to get in touch with them and have them set him up softballs... if i had to guess, i bet he is super pissed right now that he was "blindsided" in what he assumed was going to be the JB hour...

he has a much bigger edge to him than the vast majority of people understand... it is easy to see if you look for it... he has learned how to play nice in everyday life like most do to survive in this namby pamby culture, but, that is not his true nature... 

it does not make him a bad person and it does not make me cynical by seeing it...

it does make it necessary when you read your impassioned post...

i just prefer the anti-hero personally... they are a more true representation of themselves... no pretenses... i value that more...

clearly, others do not...

21 minutes ago, LJB said:

hey, JB has done his job well... you have totally bought into the persona... 

but, this episode is yet another example of what really drives JB...

he literally got angry with askren pre-interview because askren picked dake 6 times out of 10 in a fantasy matchup... he literally got mad enough at FRL to get in touch with them and have them set him up softballs... if i had to guess, i bet he is super pissed right now that he was "blindsided" in what he assumed was going to be the JB hour...

he has a much bigger edge to him than the vast majority of people understand... it is easy to see if you look for it... he has learned how to play nice in everyday life like most do to survive in this namby pamby culture, but, that is not his true nature... 

it does not make him a bad person and it does not make me cynical by seeing it...

it does make it necessary when you read your impassioned post...

i just prefer the anti-hero personally... they are a more true representation of themselves... no pretenses... i value that more...

clearly, others do not...

You are clearly projecting what you want him to be. Of course he’s ultra competitive, it’s a big part of why he’s a great athlete, but that doesn’t change anything about how nice of a person he is. You make a ludicrous claim that he is keeping his true self under wraps and isn’t actually “nice. ” You back this up by pointing out that he is competitive in this interview. But his twitter handle is literally, “all I see is gold.” JB is extremely upfront about how competitive he is and what type of person he is, and that person is the best ambassador we have for the sport. 

26 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

You are clearly projecting what you want him to be. Of course he’s ultra competitive, it’s a big part of why he’s a great athlete, but that doesn’t change anything about how nice of a person he is. You make a ludicrous claim that he is keeping his true self under wraps and isn’t actually “nice. ” You back this up by pointing out that he is competitive in this interview. But his twitter handle is literally, “all I see is gold.” JB is extremely upfront about how competitive he is and what type of person he is, and that person is the best ambassador we have for the sport. 

i don't want him to be anything... i don't think ill of him... i also don't white wash one aspect with another...

personally, the only thing i really care about one way or the other about him is his results... and they speak for themselves... 

but, you shouldn't kid yourself...

2 hours ago, LJB said:

^this guy...

*roll eyes*

They can both be dicks on the mat, nbd. But, in real life you should also be able to turn it off.

plus Dake was all over the place in the interview arguing like a 9 yo...

Dake “I don’t wanna talk about that I wanna talk about the future”

*JB starts to engage*

Dake “We’re not talking about now, we are talking about 2011 & 2013”

JB “you literally said let’s talk about now” 

Dake “okay yeah let’s talk about now” 

10 minutes ago, nyum said:

They can both be dicks on the mat, nbd. But, in real life you should also be able to turn it off.

plus Dake was all over the place in the interview arguing like a 9 yo...

Dake “I don’t wanna talk about that I wanna talk about the future”

*JB starts to engage*

Dake “We’re not talking about now, we are talking about 2011 & 2013”

JB “you literally said let’s talk about now” 

Dake “okay yeah let’s talk about now” 

they both talked over each other... they both flip flopped the discussion multiple times...