LJB

Dake and JB FRL

13 minutes ago, nyum said:

They can both be dicks on the mat, nbd. But, in real life you should also be able to turn it off.

plus Dake was all over the place in the interview arguing like a 9 yo...

Dake “I don’t wanna talk about that I wanna talk about the future”

*JB starts to engage*

Dake “We’re not talking about now, we are talking about 2011 & 2013”

JB “you literally said let’s talk about now” 

Dake “okay yeah let’s talk about now” 

I still take Dake in the fantasy matchup....but man it was hard to root for him after that.

Just now, mg113 said:

I still take Dake in the fantasy matchup....but man it was hard to root for him after that.

“You’re wife asked me for tips or was that you from her phone?” 

classless

14 minutes ago, spladle said:

My money is on the Olympics being cancelled outright.  SARS CoV-2 isn't going away soon and we are at least a year probably more from a vaccine.  Dake and Burroughs won't wrestle each other again.

I don’t agree with this. Latest projections have highly effective treatments that can be administered prophylactically available by late summer. Vaccine projections were 12 to 18 months last month and these continue to be pushed up.    

34 minutes ago, nyum said:

classless

Yeah, right? Burroughs is going to need some tissues after that one. Hopefully he can get some before the coronanutters hoard them all.

1 hour ago, Billyhoyle said:

I don’t agree with this. Latest projections have highly effective treatments that can be administered prophylactically available by late summer. Vaccine projections were 12 to 18 months last month and these continue to be pushed up.   

I will believe it when I see it. 

Wow, that was great!  :D

Gosh, was Dake just playing the bad guy role for publicity, or was that really him? I was shocked how disrespectful he was to JB.

But still very much enjoyed the interview.

2 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Do you have a source for this.  I’ve seen this would be the soonest possible and that would be record time.

7 hours ago, LJB said:

an exhibition match that was all in fun??????

say it aint so!!!!!!

(even with that said, it wasn't a shoot... they had trained together years previously for a couple of days... they were not "training" together... this was known previous to the match)

(furthermore, JBs "nice guy" persona was in full display that day... it still amazes me that the rubes fall for it still)

LBJ, are you that cynical that you think a GOADED JB was still just playing a game?  I talk **** to my TV during sporting events, but in a work meeting I can behave.  It's not disingenuous, it's called being civil.  You ever met a meathead who couldn't refrain from cussing even if he was accepting a medal, at his daughter's wedding, or in any setting?  Same thing, and I appreciate a guy who can keep his emotions in check.  You make self control sound like a bad thing?  

Edited by Nutterbutter

26 minutes ago, Nutterbutter said:

LBJ, are you that cynical that you think a GOADED JB was still just playing a game?  I talk **** to my TV during sporting events, but in a work meeting I can behave.  It's not disingenuous, it's called being civil.  You ever met a meathead who couldn't refrain from cussing even if he was accepting a medal, at his daughter's wedding, or in any setting?  Same thing, and I appreciate a guy who can keep his emotions in check.  You make self control sound like a bad thing?  

you whiffed on that one...

13 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Dake comes across as a fake tough guy. JB says what’s up Kyle and right away Dake comes across like a punk. He may well be right, JB just may be too old, but if it comes down to a battle of mental toughness, I’ll take JB all day. 

JB says what's up and dake gave him a head check... that's being a punk?

i will agree, in the past at least, JB has proven to be as mentally tough as anyone and has time and time again pulled last second rabbits out of his hat... on the flip side of that, in the past dake has whined a little too much instead of just wrestling through it...

my gut tells me that over the last couple of seasons, dake has gotten a little better control over that weakness...

but, if JB is given free reign to punch dake in the face repeatedly like danny let him get away with last match, that will be tested...

1 hour ago, moose41 said:

Do you have a source for this.  I’ve seen this would be the soonest possible and that would be record time.

The two key trials you should be paying attention to are the RNA vaccines (the first of which in trial is by moderna). And the mAb neutralizing antibodies, the furthest of which is being made by Regeneron. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/16/business/federal-government-pledges-up-nearly-500m-speed-modernas-coronavirus-vaccine/%3foutputType=amp

Phase 2 for this mRNA vaccine is expected to start in the spring. If it appears to be efficacious, they are going ramp up production very quickly. 

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/research/fast-moving-regeneron-eyes-summer-clinical-trial-for-covid-19-antibody-cocktail-therapy

phase 1 for this Regeneron mAb is expected in the summer, and the trial should proceed faster than the vaccine. I’ve seen estimates that there can be mass production (basically all the pharma companies will license production from Regeneron and chip in their facilities) by late summer/fall. This drug should be able to be administered prophylactically.  

I’m not sure the 2020/2021 NCAA wrestling season can occur with fans, but I’m more confident than not that the Olympics will be able to proceed as scheduled in the summer of 2021.

An important point to know is that while Covid-19 is highly contagious and spreads rapidly due to being the product of recombination, it is relatively non mutagenic and the majority of people infected recover (at least 99% and possibly as high as 99.8 %). This, along with its similar biology to SARS/MERS means that vaccination/treatment is not nearly as challenging as other chronic viruses (HIV, HSV, etc).

Edited by Billyhoyle

8 hours ago, LJB said:

the "quit fidgeting" line was the absolute best... made JB squirm even more...

that was a classic tactic used to perfection by dake... JB is just not emotionally equipped to go against dake in this format...

good thing its a wrestling match and not a pissing contest

7 hours ago, LJB said:

i don't want him to be anything... i don't think ill of him... i also don't white wash one aspect with another...

personally, the only thing i really care about one way or the other about him is his results... and they speak for themselves... 

but, you shouldn't kid yourself...

it sure looks like you do

"i just prefer the anti-hero personally... they are a more true representation of themselves... no pretenses... i value that more..."

it was fun to listen to.

i think dake was playing. but i still think he is kind of punk.

i think JB can be a bit defensive when he thinks it's his turf

but to say he isn't a genuinely nice guy... get out of here.

the worst thing.. i think dake might actually win this time.

i hope not..but.

classless
That's not what you're making it out to be, they were talking about recovery equipment. JB was (rightfully) making fun of Dake's fake science shtick and Dake pointed out that either Burroughs directly or thru his wife asked Dake for advice on what to use for some type of recovery.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Vak, you are wasting your time... the unwashed masses have been told who their hero is and they will not be persuaded with truths... they will not scrutinize that hero... they will not hold that hero to the standards they expect of any challenger...

it’s a Greek tragedy...

37 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

That's not what you're making it out to be, they were talking about recovery equipment. JB was (rightfully) making fun of Dake's fake science shtick and Dake pointed out that either Burroughs directly or thru his wife asked Dake for advice on what to use for some type of recovery.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I watched it, I don’t need anyone to explain it for me. I just don’t believe you should bring someone else’s wife into the discussion. Of course it would have been 1000x worse if he had been insinuating something else. 

11 minutes ago, LJB said:

Vak, you are wasting your time... the unwashed masses have been told who their hero is and they will not be persuaded with truths... they will not scrutinize that hero... they will not hold that hero to the standards they expect of any challenger...

it’s a Greek tragedy...

Please don’t give up hope on us. We have potential. Maybe one day we will be as cynical as you. 

3 hours ago, LJB said:

it’s a Greek tragedy...

If you have people in your life that seem nice on the outside AND live life thinking of others and building others up on the day to day--even privately maintaining respect and trying to reconcile with ones who mistreat them--it's no longer impossible to believe that those types of people exist elsewhere too. 

Edited by maligned

14 hours ago, LJB said:

they both talked over each other... they both flip flopped the discussion multiple times... 

Dake was talking over JB and interrupting him way more.  Between that, the “I’m getting younger” nonsense, and the complaining about the trials setup Dake was 100% cringe.