3 hours ago, Bronco said:

What I got out of Zeke Jones' comments about the ASU lineup for next season is the following:

125 lbs - Brandon Courtney stays at 125 lbs and Nick Raimo moves up to 133 lbs.  So what happens if Courtney suffers a season ending injury?

133 - Nick Raimo

141 - Chlebove & Belton

149 - Crooks or Chlebove or Belton

157 - Teemer

165 - Valencia or Munoz

174 - Valencia or Munoz

184 - Belshay

197 - Norfleet

285 - Schultz

Plus there IS an "elite" transfer coming to Arizona State - who apparently can't yet be mentioned publicly.  I have to think this elite transfer is for one of three weight classes - 141, 149 or 165.

He also mentioned a couple of elite recruits. Who might they be?  Vasquez still on the board out of Cali. I think Figs come back on board for next years class also. 

16 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

He also mentioned a couple of elite recruits. Who might they be?  Vasquez still on the board out of Cali. I think Figs come back on board for next years class also. 

I didn't watch the entire town hall - did he say elite recruits from this years class? 2020? The only one I can think of that's on the board that would fit that would be Vasquez. If he is talking next year I can see Valencia and Figueroa . 

29 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Sorry but I don't follow your logic - Your conference duals are: Central Michigan , Buffalo, SIU, Northern Illinois, Cleveland St. , Kent St. , Ohio , Old Dominion- How does replacing this schedule have anything whatsoever to do with the ability to still keep all the  home/away, neutral site and variable duals? I fail to see how replacing your conference schools affects this? if I remember correctly the PAC 12 does not require a full conference schedule. You had 8 duals in conference - you would now have 6 which opens up 2 duals/dates to do whatever you want with. Besides it's not like your conference schedule is stellar????   Northern Illinois, Central Michigan and Southern Illinois Edwardsville is better competition wise than Arizona State, Stanford and Oregon State?  SIE was #68 out of 79 on westlestat in dual rankings. Arizona State and Stanford  were ahead  of all three in the dual rankings. Had the Zahid thing not happened they were top 5.  

From a geographical standpoint - and expenses standpoint I would agree. It is odd to have LR and if Missouri came to have two teams for far out of the region. 

It's a cost-benefit analysis. Is the difference in competition worth the expense? Absolutely not. It might if Stanford and Oregon St. were powerhouses, but they aren't. Central Michigan is better program than either of those teams.

Plus, an underrated aspect I didn't mention is the role of the T.V. contracts. Currently, the SEC and MAC are both ESPN supported. The Pac12 is supported by the PAC Network, which has been a colossal flop of epic proportions. 

I don't doubt Zeke Jones is trying to get Mizzou, it's a massive win-win for him. It helps his conference, his stability, his quality of competition and his team. It doesn't help Missouri in any key way.

2 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I didn't watch the entire town hall - did he say elite recruits from this years class? 2020? The only one I can think of that's on the board that would fit that would be Vasquez. If he is talking next year I can see Valencia and Figueroa . 

I don't think he outright said "elite", but If I was a betting man I'd be willing to bet quite a bit that Vasquez announces he's heading to ASU within the coming days. Figs Verbally committed his Freshman summer, if that means anything these days. Perry coming on board definitely helps their case with both I'd say.

9 minutes ago, Idaho said:

He didn’t say this year or next. But agree, all 3 guys you mention slot in at weights of need. 

1 hour ago, MizzouGrad said:

It's a cost-benefit analysis. Is the difference in competition worth the expense? Absolutely not. It might if Stanford and Oregon St. were powerhouses, but they aren't. Central Michigan is better program than either of those teams.

Plus, an underrated aspect I didn't mention is the role of the T.V. contracts. Currently, the SEC and MAC are both ESPN supported. The Pac12 is supported by the PAC Network, which has been a colossal flop of epic proportions. 

I don't doubt Zeke Jones is trying to get Mizzou, it's a massive win-win for him. It helps his conference, his stability, his quality of competition and his team. It doesn't help Missouri in any key way.

Funny....the last NWCA coaches ranking doesn't agree with you...or almost every single other ranking. But hey that's just data. In fact Stanford was one spot behind Missouri in the coaches poll but ahead of them in other major rankings. 

12 minutes ago, Fighting_Blue_Jay said:

Michael McGee transferring from Old Dominion to ASU

Who is the odd man out between Courtney, McGee, Raimo, Chlebove, and Belton?

Hard to say... But I don't see Courtney moving from 125. My prediction for the lineup as it stands:

125: Courtney 133: McGee 141: Chlebove 149: Belton/Another Transfer?

Hard to leave Raimo out, but he competed at 125 all of last season and I don't see him beating out Courtney or McGee. As for Belton I'm very interested to see if he can fill out 149 if need be. He was a 132 lber as a Senior and didn't compete last season.

3 hours ago, Fighting_Blue_Jay said:

Michael McGee transferring from Old Dominion to ASU

Who is the odd man out between Courtney, McGee, Raimo, Chlebove, and Belton?

Competition in the room is great. ASU really lacks any quality backups at all. McGee was wrestling 133 at the end of the year.
I think you still see a transfer at 149. Think that is where Belton eventually ends up. Chlebove I think holds down 141  

Edited by gobraves101905

18 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Hard to say... But I don't see Courtney moving from 125. My prediction for the lineup as it stands:

125: Courtney 133: McGee 141: Chlebove 149: Belton/Another Transfer?

Hard to leave Raimo out, but he competed at 125 all of last season and I don't see him beating out Courtney or McGee. As for Belton I'm very interested to see if he can fill out 149 if need be. He was a 132 lber as a Senior and didn't compete last season.

Very hard to leave Raimo out...Dominoes are starting to fall. I don't see Belton filling out at 149. I think they have a transfer coming in there. 

7 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Very hard to leave Raimo out...Dominoes are starting to fall. I don't see Belton filling out at 149. I think they have a transfer coming in there. 

Would love to see Moore or Vasquez come in and go right away at 149. ASU could have their most complete lineup top to bottom of the Zeke Jones era. 

3 hours ago, MizzouGrad said:

While I am in favor of a stronger Pac-12, I agree that Mizzou would be a tough fit. In addition to the expense and media factors, it's a pretty tough trip out to Columbia and vice-versa, esp for a kid who has to make weight and balance out academics.

Could Mizzou ever reaffiliate with the Big12 as a non-member for wrestling, or is that a total non-starter? In either case, it would be nice if the Pac and Big12 would sit down and sort out their affiliate schools for wrestling so that things make a little more geographical sense for the conferences, schools and fans.

13 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

I don't think he outright said "elite", but If I was a betting man I'd be willing to bet quite a bit that Vasquez announces he's heading to ASU within the coming days. Figs Verbally committed his Freshman summer, if that means anything these days. Perry coming on board definitely helps their case with both I'd say.

Actually, in point of fact, he did say "elite" but that was in reference to the TRANSFER.   If he said "elite" in reference to new recruits I did not hear that but like others I did not listen to all 50 minutes of the video.   If McGee was, in fact, who he was referring to then that would be accurate IMO.  McGee is ranked # 6 at 125 lbs by WrestleStat.   That's "elite" IMO.   However McGee's last 8 matches last season (where he went 8-0) were at 133 lbs.

Edited by Bronco
addition

11 hours ago, pamela said:

While I am in favor of a stronger Pac-12, I agree that Mizzou would be a tough fit. In addition to the expense and media factors, it's a pretty tough trip out to Columbia and vice-versa, esp for a kid who has to make weight and balance out academics.

Could Mizzou ever reaffiliate with the Big12 as a non-member for wrestling, or is that a total non-starter? In either case, it would be nice if the Pac and Big12 would sit down and sort out their affiliate schools for wrestling so that things make a little more geographical sense for the conferences, schools and fans.

Yep - I agree - Missouri is a better fit for the Big12 - and FSU, UVU, Wyoming and N.COL are a better fit for the Pac 12. Of course a 4 for 1 doesn't go over with the Big12 very well - but just speaking logistically, financially and geographically - it makes sense. I have been saying the Pac12 needs all the Western teams in their conference to make it bigger and tougher. It would be good for everyone. In the meantime if that doesn't happen, I am glad we can get all the teams we can- but in the end. I prefer all western teams. 

18 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Yep - I agree - Missouri is a better fit for the Big12 - and FSU, UVU, Wyoming and N.COL are a better fit for the Pac 12. Of course a 4 for 1 doesn't go over with the Big12 very well - but just speaking logistically, financially and geographically - it makes sense. I have been saying the Pac12 needs all the Western teams in their conference to make it bigger and tougher. It would be good for everyone. In the meantime if that doesn't happen, I am glad we can get all the teams we can- but in the end. I prefer all western teams. 

FSU and NCol would be huge gets for the PAC 12. All 4 would be but especially those 2. Getting an inventational type event in Tempe would be huge. Get 5 or 6 teams out here in the beginning of the season. 

39 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

According to Flo he is. Despite that I'm 100% sure he reopened his recruitment. Seems like ASU and The OSU are very much the frontrunners as it stands. 

I wouldn't know about Flo as I'll never subscribe to Flo again but he is NOT listed as an ASU commit on Intermat

https://intermatwrestle.com/recruiting/commitments?sort=college&sort_dir=up#tab

He's also NOT listed as an ASU commit on The Open Mat

https://news.theopenmat.com/college-wrestling-commitments

Yet, oddly, he IS listed as an ASU commit on PINFALL

https://www.pinfallrecruiting.com/commits-male

3 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I wouldn't know about Flo as I'll never subscribe to Flo again but he is NOT listed as an ASU commit on Intermat

https://intermatwrestle.com/recruiting/commitments?sort=college&sort_dir=up#tab

He's also NOT listed as an ASU commit on The Open Mat

https://news.theopenmat.com/college-wrestling-commitments

Yet, oddly, he IS listed as an ASU commit on PINFALL

https://www.pinfallrecruiting.com/commits-male

Yeah, it definitely depends on where you're looking to determine if he's "verballed" or not. With that being said, a verbal commitment means pretty much nothing in this day and age other than that the school is on the kids radar. It seems like tOSU and ASU are the house favorites at this point, but I'd be shocked to see schools like Iowa and PSU not make a late push for a guy of Figs caliber. 

I agree totally.  Back in "my day" a verbal COMMITMENT meant exactly that........a COMMITMENT.  

Today I think the term should be changed from a Verbal COMMITMENT to a Verbal MAYBE.

That, at the very least, would be more accurate in reference to today's youth.