59 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I agree totally.  Back in "my day" a verbal COMMITMENT meant exactly that........a COMMITMENT.  

Today I think the term should be changed from a Verbal COMMITMENT to a Verbal MAYBE.

That, at the very least, would be more accurate in reference to today's youth.

Agree, but I also wonder if some of these five-star recruits get pressured to verbal in hopes of attracting other talent.  

52 minutes ago, Scorenomore said:

Agree, but I also wonder if some of these five-star recruits get pressured to verbal in hopes of attracting other talent.  

I agree verbals don’t mean anything but “it’s my first choice right now.” Some kids verbal then raise their stock at Fargo or a big tournament in the fall then get more offers.  

Figs at one time has his twitter page decked out with sun devil headers and I even believe with him in an ASU singlet. That is no longer the case. But I think ASU is still very much the front runner. 
The Sunkist RTC has made huge strides the past 12 months. Now with Perry and Molinaro, it’s gotta be considers one of the elites. Schultz and Zahid are legit contenders for the Olympic team. And I would guess Perry gets some followers here in the next couple months for the RTC. 

Edited by gobraves101905

On 4/17/2020 at 9:25 PM, Fighting_Blue_Jay said:

Michael McGee transferring from Old Dominion to ASU

Who is the odd man out between Courtney, McGee, Raimo, Chlebove, and Belton?

Belton 

Maybe Raimo can go 141 and Chlebove 149?

i prefer Chlebove at 141

17 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

Figs at one time has his twitter page decked out with sun devil headers and I even believe with him in an ASU singlet. That is no longer the case. But I think ASU is still very much the front runner. 
The Sunkist RTC has made huge strides the past 12 months. Now with Perry and Molinaro, it’s gotta be considers one of the elites. Schultz and Zahid are legit contenders for the Olympic team. And I would guess Perry gets some followers here in the next couple months for the RTC. 

Maybe some of our elite women

17 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

I agree that the Sunkist is sitting in a good spot. But IMO Schultz is not a legit contender at HWT for the Olympic spot. There are a lot of roadblocks there (Steveson, Gwiz, Kerk, Parris,etc.) that IMO he won't get through. Possibly 2025 after some experience. Zahid's weight (among others) will be a grinder. 

Edited by Idaho

14 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I agree that the Sunkist is sitting in a good spot. But IMO Schultz is not a legit contender at HWT for the Olympic spot. There are a lot of roadblocks there (Steveson, Gwiz, Kerk, Parris,etc.) that IMO he won't get through. Possibly 2025 after some experience. Zahid's weight (among others) will be a grinder. 

Schultz won't be competing for an Olympic spot with any of the guys you mentioned.  His competition for the spot will be Adam Coon and Robbie Smith - Greco-Roman Wrestling.

3 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

Schultz won't be competing for an Olympic spot with any of the guys you mentioned.  His competition for the spot will be Adam Coon and Robbie Smith - Greco-Roman Wrestling.

Ahhh yes - good correction. I was immediately thinking freestyle. 

28 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Schultz is a Greco contender. Did not read through before I responded. 

Edited by gobraves101905

44 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Belton 

Maybe Raimo can go 141 and Chlebove 149?

i prefer Chlebove at 141

I think Raimo battles with Courtney for 125. I think it’s the best weight for Raimo and Courtney doesn’t seem to want to move off it. Still hoping for a 149 transfer. 

3 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

I think Raimo battles with Courtney for 125. I think it’s the best weight for Raimo and Courtney doesn’t seem to want to move off it. Still hoping for a 149 transfer. 

Agree....I'm just not sure how long Raimo will settle for the bench with Courtney and McGee having 2 more years. I think they will get a transfer. Otherwise they may have to use a combination of guys to see who the best guy is. 

8 hours ago, Idaho said:

2025?

You mean 2024.  They won't mess around with Paris 2024, which is very,  very deep in planning stages.

Pretty easy to tell that Jesse was going to ASU.  It's been a while since he went to Bosco, but I'm pretty sure he spoke to Zahid, Anthony, Reuben, maybe even Cade(he's at ASU now, but not wrestling).  I'm sure Cael will be going there and hopefully Richie goes to ASU or Fresno State.  Kind of a Bosco logjam at ASU.  Cleveland Belton is also there from Bosco, 2x California state champ.

2 hours ago, CA_Wrestler said:

Pretty easy to tell that Jesse was going to ASU.  It's been a while since he went to Bosco, but I'm pretty sure he spoke to Zahid, Anthony, Reuben, maybe even Cade(he's at ASU now, but not wrestling).  I'm sure Cael will be going there and hopefully Richie goes to ASU or Fresno State.  Kind of a Bosco logjam at ASU.  Cleveland Belton is also there from Bosco, 2x California state champ.

Santiago burned ASU and went East. Think he is regretting it with these new coaches? 

7 hours ago, Idaho said:

Agree....I'm just not sure how long Raimo will settle for the bench with Courtney and McGee having 2 more years. I think they will get a transfer. Otherwise they may have to use a combination of guys to see who the best guy is. 

I think Raimo beats out Courtney. 

On 4/18/2020 at 3:14 PM, gobraves101905 said:

I found this spread sheet of Penn State's wrestlers on "The Wrestling Room" (Penn State fan page) which APPEARS to indicate Richard Figueroa is headed to Penn State (even tho they incorrectly listed him as being from Arizona it seems)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XYdy4R8y8ZNut76jD1_8Y9Gv3o1cHqu4bIOtR0Vekfo/edit#gid=0

2 hours ago, Bronco said:

I found this spread sheet of Penn State's wrestlers on "The Wrestling Room" (Penn State fan page) which APPEARS to indicate Richard Figueroa is headed to Penn State (even tho they incorrectly listed him as being from Arizona it seems)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XYdy4R8y8ZNut76jD1_8Y9Gv3o1cHqu4bIOtR0Vekfo/edit#gid=0

To me that appears to be more of a "target" type of spreadsheet made by a fan. They list 2023 targets are freshman right now (Hayden Cunningham) and cannot even be contacted for recruiting per the NCAA rules. Also it appears the names in blue are the ones who actually have committed to Penn State. The ones in black appear to be targets who have not committed/signed. 

11 minutes ago, Idaho said:

To me that appears to be more of a "target" type of spreadsheet made by a fan. They list 2023 targets are freshman right now (Hayden Cunningham) and cannot even be contacted for recruiting per the NCAA rules. Also it appears the names in blue are the ones who actually have committed to Penn State. The ones in black appear to be targets who have not committed/signed. 

That is about what I made of it as well - which is why I used APPEARS in all caps.

On 4/19/2020 at 10:21 PM, gobraves101905 said:

Santiago burned ASU and went East. Think he is regretting it with these new coaches? 

I think he might be.   It's not like Ramos is Sonny's weight.  The only guy somewhat close is JO.  I don't even know who else is on NC's roster, but I guess we'll see.

14 minutes ago, CA_Wrestler said:

I think he might be.   It's not like Ramos is Sonny's weight.  The only guy somewhat close is JO.  I don't even know who else is on NC's roster, but I guess we'll see.

Depending on what weight he goes he could have O'Connor or Monday as workout partners. Unless JO is cutting for competition I think they will be similar. Good coaching staff and a fairly decent roster with a lot of guys from 149-165. Not a bad gig. 

8 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Depending on what weight he goes he could have O'Connor or Monday as workout partners. Unless JO is cutting for competition I think they will be similar. Good coaching staff and a fairly decent roster with a lot of guys from 149-165. Not a bad gig. 

NC has a lot of studs coming in throughout those middle weights. 

On 4/20/2020 at 5:00 AM, Bronco said:

Just fan curated targets and nothing more. I don't think Figs, Poulin, or Cruz have been linked to PSU in the slightest as of now. Could change. 

On 4/19/2020 at 7:21 PM, gobraves101905 said:

Think Santiago's flip had a lot to do with Vasquez and or a lack of opportunity. There likely won't be openings between 149-165 for sometime. And in all honesty, Santiago flipping will be a blessing in disguise. He has an alarming lack of high level attacks, and that doesn't tend to translate well.