Jump to content

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Think Santiago's flip had a lot to do with Vasquez and or a lack of opportunity. There likely won't be openings between 149-165 for sometime. And in all honesty, Santiago flipping will be a blessing in disguise. He has an alarming lack of high level attacks, and that doesn't tend to translate well. 

He flipped a long time before Vasquez committed to ASU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Think Santiago's flip had a lot to do with Vasquez and or a lack of opportunity. There likely won't be openings between 149-165 for sometime. And in all honesty, Santiago flipping will be a blessing in disguise. He has an alarming lack of high level attacks, and that doesn't tend to translate well. 

In a couple years. I see Teemer at 65. Cael at 74. Munoz at 84. Vasquez at 49. Opening at 57. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

In a couple years. I see Teemer at 65. Cael at 74. Munoz at 84. Vasquez at 49. Opening at 57. 

That’s where Santiago could have fit in. Next year at 149 then at 157. Doesn’t matter now however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bronco said:

Not that's it's scientific or anything even remotely close to that but when you match up McGee vs. Raimo on WrestleStat they project McGee to win that match 8-4.

McGee has the experience and Raimo speed and athleticism won't bother McGee.I think McGee will be the guy at 133

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, calot said:

McGee has the experience and Raimo speed and athleticism won't bother McGee.I think McGee will be the guy at 133

McGee will be the starter at 133 next season and Raimo will be the backup in case McGee is injured.  They make a good pair for ASU at 133 lbs.

But MAYBE Raimo moves all the way up to 141?  In that video conference call he said he's been all the way up to 150 lbs.  I'm not even sure he could make the cut back down to 133 lbs if that's the case.  If he does it won't be easy to lose 17 lbs on that small of a frame.

Regardless of whether Raimo is at 133 or 141 lbs I have to wonder who is the back-up for Brandon Courtney at 125 lbs - in the event that Courtney gets injured?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bronco said:

McGee will be the starter at 133 next season and Raimo will be the backup in case McGee is injured.  They make a good pair for ASU at 133 lbs.

But MAYBE Raimo moves all the way up to 141?  In that video conference call he said he's been all the way up to 150 lbs.  I'm not even sure he could make the cut back down to 133 lbs if that's the case.  If he does it won't be easy to lose 17 lbs on that small of a frame.

Regardless of whether Raimo is at 133 or 141 lbs I have to wonder who is the back-up for Brandon Courtney at 125 lbs - in the event that Courtney gets injured?

There is no doubt Raimo would make the hard cut down to 125 if Courtney sustained a season ending injury. He did imply he didn't want to make that cut again, but I'm sure he would if that was the only way he could fit in the lineup. What I really got out of this video was that there seems to be a good chance Valencia returns to 165. Munoz cutting to 165 didn't seem like it was even a thought, and with him walking at about 190 it seems entirely unrealistic. 

Edited by RegularStalling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

There is no doubt Raimo would make the hard cut down to 125 if Courtney sustained a season ending injury. He did imply he didn't want to make that cut again, but I'm sure he would if that was the only way he could fit in the lineup. What I really got out of this video was that there seems to be a good chance Valencia returns to 165. Munoz cutting to 165 didn't seem like it was even a thought, and with him walking at about 190 it seems entirely unrealistic. 

Agree - Raimo would make it down if he had to....Munoz not so much. Will be interesting to see how Schultz performs. He wasn't as impressive as I thought he would be at a redshirt, but that's a small sample and a lot more work to get in before next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...