Sign in to follow this  
spladle

2021 Olympics

With the state of affairs as they are, it is quite possible the 2021 Olympics become cancelled as well.  Right now I see it as 55/45 they occur, and not quite confident in that number.  What about you?

1 hour ago, MadMardigain said:

I’f it gets canceled do they just skip it all together until 2024 or start the next 4 year cycle beginning with 2022.  

Either way they better hurry up before Dake is too young to compete anymore. 

I agree about the Dake part.  He might be a cadet by then.

But they aren't going to start changing the other Olympic cycles.  Paris 2024 is happening in 2024.

10 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

But they aren't going to start changing the other Olympic cycles.  Paris 2024 is happening in 2024.

Or will it...?

1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

Good point.  Will they use chronological or biological age to determine eligibility? 

8 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

I would put the probability of the Tokyo Olympics happening when they have scheduled them in 2021 as 99.99%!

I too believe they will happen, but I wonder about in what form. I believe as part of the “replanning”, each IGB will develop a plan b and c so that the competition could be held even if we are still/again in a bad spot. 

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Insightful answer to the question posed in this topic.  Thank you for your contribution.

It was a response to SamStall linking an article saying it’s uncertain.  

Your contribution was so masterful.  

A vaccine is projected to be available in spring or summer of 2021.

If the vaccine comes out, we should be good.

Also, viruses have a tendency to get weaker over time, which is what happend in the spanish flu pandemic.

I like the Odds of 2021 olympics happening

3 hours ago, irani said:

A vaccine is projected to be available in spring or summer of 2021.

If the vaccine comes out, we should be good.

Also, viruses have a tendency to get weaker over time, which is what happend in the spanish flu pandemic.

I like the Odds of 2021 olympics happening

Was the virus weaker, or was there a herd immunity?

9 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Was the virus weaker, or was there a herd immunity?

You are asking me a question in an area that I am very unqualified to dive into.  However, since not knowing anything about the subject never stops anyone from commenting on this forum :) , I will continue that fine tradition :)

1. Based on my 37 seconds of in depth research, Viruses do in fact become weaker generation to generation https://cntechpost.com/2020/02/11/will-viruses-get-weaker-from-generation-to-generation/
  2. Humans also do develop immunity when they survie an infection of a virus, so some percentage of the herd had immunity

So the answer to you questions, based on my complete lack of qualification, is a little of both!

2 hours ago, irani said:

You are asking me a question in an area that I am very unqualified to dive into.  However, since not knowing anything about the subject never stops anyone from commenting on this forum :) , I will continue that fine tradition :)

1. Based on my 37 seconds of in depth research, Viruses do in fact become weaker generation to generation https://cntechpost.com/2020/02/11/will-viruses-get-weaker-from-generation-to-generation/
  2. Humans also do develop immunity when they survie an infection of a virus, so some percentage of the herd had immunity

So the answer to you questions, based on my complete lack of qualification, is a little of both!

Thanks.  I was pretty condfident in the herd immunity aspect, but thanks for the interesting link.