They're all crazy but me and you and lately I've been worried about one of us.  I think Nolf is amazing.  I'd pick Dake by decisive, but I could see Nolf being the guy that gets scary good in freestyle.  One thing though, Dake seems to be able to shut down world class offense like few I've ever seen, so from a match-up stand-point, I'm putting the cash on KD until he loses.  He was pretty close to JB 3 or 4 years ago, so that should be an amazing series.

They're all crazy but me and you and lately I've been worried about one of us.  I think Nolf is amazing.  I'd pick Dake by decisive, but I could see Nolf being the guy that gets scary good in freestyle.  One thing though, Dake seems to be able to shut down world class offense like few I've ever seen, so from a match-up stand-point, I'm putting the cash on KD until he loses.  He was pretty close to JB 3 or 4 years ago, so that should be an amazing series.
Dake will tech Nolf 10/0.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Personally, I think Nolf needs to bunk with Dake and embrace the idea that he's the next one after Dake and not the one to surpass him.  Dake had serious injury problems immediately after college, and I believe Nolf can benefit from the same lifestyle and health approaches that Dake has been using, as Nolf's injury problems started a year earlier than Dake's.  Perhaps Dake can be that guy to show him.

That said, IF Johnny D is looking to grow(it's been said as a rumor on a few different locations that he may not give 143lbs(65 keggers) a go next year and may even go 157 for the team next year for the same reason(s).  If that's the case, I don't see Dake taking anyone aside for Johnny D under his wing from here.

How is this bracket going to come out.  Dake will be in the bottom semi.  IMar, I assume will be the top seed. If Nolf were three seed, that would mean Nolf has to beat Dake and IMar.  On the other hand, Nolf is Pan Am champ.  Is he the top seed?

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Personally, I think Nolf needs to bunk with Dake and embrace the idea that he's the next one after Dake and not the one to surpass him.  Dake had serious injury problems immediately after college, and I believe Nolf can benefit from the same lifestyle and health approaches that Dake has been using, as Nolf's injury problems started a year earlier than Dake's.  Perhaps Dake can be that guy to show him.

That said, IF Johnny D is looking to grow(it's been said as a rumor on a few different locations that he may not give 143lbs(65 keggers) a go next year and may even go 157 for the team next year for the same reason(s).  If that's the case, I don't see Dake taking anyone aside for Johnny D under his wing from here.

Yianni just stated in a recent Flo video that he could go either 141 or 149 next year - he said 141 was not a hard cut for him - he also admitted that he would be a bit undersized at 149 but he didn't think that would be to bad.  There is no way he is going 157 in college or any other weight in FS besides 65 kg.  

39 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

Yianni just stated in a recent Flo video that he could go either 141 or 149 next year - he said 141 was not a hard cut for him - he also admitted that he would be a bit undersized at 149 but he didn't think that would be to bad.  There is no way he is going 157 in college or any other weight in FS besides 65 kg.  

Right, I saw that interview as well.  There was an interview, I believe it may have been ?Track? that was done several months ago where he said that all options were on the table for him and they were even talking about him going 157 for the team next year.  I would trust what him and his coaches have said more recently, obviously.  I had personally chocked it up to him just repeating anything and everything that had been said.  It's also known that Johnny D is a Showman, so he may have been stirring the pot, as well.

The Curious Case of Kyle Dake.   He's getting younger and better.   He will soon be wrestling 57 KG and then competing for a cadet title and then another high school state championship and then  . . .

On 4/21/2020 at 12:07 AM, nyum said:

With another year of preparation, how do you think Nolf can stack up with Dake?

It’s an intriguing matchup in some ways, but Dake is too powerful currently.  

Of course most would have said the same thing about Imar 5 years ago.

Agree with the others, Nolf has to beat guys like Imar, Green and Deakin in freestyle before thinking he’s near Dake or Burroughs level.

Besides 57 kg, I think this is the next most intriguing weight class domestically.

The ONLY way I see Nolf not getting TF is if he gains a ton of strength/ mass and has to cut to make 74. Nolf won’t be able to get close to any offense if he can’t move Dake out of his strong defensive stance. That is why Nolf has struggled vs IMar. 

Will be interesting to see if Nolf got bigger since his last appearance at 74