Sign in to follow this  
mattchristensen112

Worst hyped match ever!

I don't know which match everyone watched, but that was a horrible match by both wrestlers. From the start you could tell that Dake was wrestling to keep it close and not lose. For the first 30 seconds Taylor appeared to want to wrestle like he should, and then he flat out stopped wrestling for the next 6 minutes. Talyor lost all sense of urgency. I am a huge Taylor fan, but the only word I can think of to describe his effort was pathetic. Very harsh, but it makes you think twice before reordering the weights again. Makes Wright's victory even more clutch.

In my mind this match also shows why Cael will always be the best. He did not go out conservative in his final match. He tried to pin him.

From the start you could tell that Dake was wrestling to keep it close and not lose.

So I see you are new to the Kyle Dake big match game plan.

Of course not, but in the biggest match of his career he could not be more obvious. What I really want to know is why Taylor stopped? The first 30 seconds of that match was gorgeous! Then he just stopped.

From the start you could tell that Dake was wrestling to keep it close and not lose.

So I see you are new to the Kyle Dake big match game plan.

Of course not, but in the biggest match of his career he could not be more obvious. What I really want to know is why Taylor stopped? The first 30 seconds of that match was gorgeous! Then he just stopped.

DT had every opportunity to dictate the match, but just stopped. Then couldn't get it back with Dake riding him like a Molinaro.

He did not stop. He was prevented by a fabulous defensive winner. During the entire tournaent Kyle only had 3 pts and a bogus stall call scored on him. I'm guessing if you went to the World Series and the 7th game was a 1-0 both pitchers throwing a no hit game you would be bored as well. Before you leap that is entirely possible.

People are excited about the outcome because they like the history aspect, or are Dake fans, or both, but if that had just been two nobodies on the mat I don't think we'd be talking about it as a great wrestling match.

In that case then, it was no where close to the

quality of 194 lb match

Matt, you gotta chill man. Bitterness simply eats at you. Let it go.

I am not bitter, I am shocked. That was just a really bad match. I did not have a preference in the match because the result would be historic no matter what. But both wrestlers performed below their real skill level. No one did anything the last 90 seconds of the second round.

Okay...maybe I am a little bitter...but I expected a much better match. And Taylor did not wrestle like he wanted it.

Matt, you gotta chill man. Bitterness simply eats at you. Let it go.

I am not bitter, I am shocked. That was just a really bad match. I did not have a preference in the match because the result would be historic no matter what. But both wrestlers performed below their real skill level. No one did anything the last 90 seconds of the second round.

Okay...maybe I am a little bitter...but I expected a much better match. And Taylor did not wrestle like he wanted it.

Was not a bad match at all.. Was only crazy in the first period, but Dake controlled the match the way he wanted and showed why he is a 4x champ. He didn't let the hype or pressure get to him, and he didn't play into Taylor's game plan of a high-offense battle. He imposed his style and used his strengths to the best of his ability. Nothing more pure than that. The hype of the match help our sport tonight, look at the coverage it has already received. Can't complain about that, not saying you are though. I know you are disappointed in the match itself, but that is just what happens when two guys at that level compete. Look at the world level matches. The champions always stay the most composed and dictate their match.

Saying this match was a letdown is crazy.

Plain and simple - the match was great. They both scored a td - Dake with an amazing ride to win...

To someone who knows/loves wrestling this is about as good of a match as you can expect from guys that are at this high of a level.

What did you expect? 4 tds and 3 sets of back points for each guy? Get real...

No doubt about it, this match was great. A takedown by each guy, with Taylor dictating the pace early, and Dake having to earn the victory. That's a lot more than can be said about their previous two matches this year in which zero takedowns occurred.

I can't tell what some of you guys are smoking. Worst hyped match ever? Really? Good match, pretty action filled, some scrambles, tough handfighting and a come from behind victory that came down to one tough ride in the 3rd.

I thought it was pretty good myself. Lot better then I anticipated, as some hyped matches just suck! I will say I did like the format change to starting at a different weight then the traditional 125 and ending with 285 which could produce nothing but belly bumping depending on the year. Maybe just draw all 10 weights. So maybe 174 is first, then 133, up to 149, then HWT and so on....

I thought it was pretty good myself. Lot better then I anticipated, as some hyped matches just suck! I will say I did like the format change to starting at a different weight then the traditional 125 and ending with 285 which could produce nothing but belly bumping depending on the year. Maybe just draw all 10 weights. So maybe 174 is first, then 133, up to 149, then HWT and so on....

It'll be interesting to see what they do with this in the future. Obviously there is no more Dake v Taylor matches, so what will they do? Pick the most exciting story line and set that match for last? Seems like a good idea.

Ill tell you this though...in 2 year I know what match will be last - whoever is wrestling Logan Stieber while he goes for #4!!