rcoates1

Alex dieringer

2 minutes ago, Idaho said:

It's a good thing NLWC got those transfers in or they might only be sitting at 1-2 legit guys to make the team. 

They’d still have Zain, Nolf, Taylor, Bo and Cassar so it’s not like they’d be bare.

2 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

I didn't say a favorite I said the favorite! If there was a 79 kg Olympic class then Kyle is the man. He's never beaten Jordan so he's certainly not the favorite but he could certainly win. Same basic rationale for Yianni. He's never been on a world team as a senior.

So what’s the rationale for Cox being a favorite?  

Why would JO be a favorite he’s never beaten Yianni?  

Who has Spencer beaten to make him a favorite?

Just now, Mokoma said:

It's about recent performance. 

Is there any indication that Kyle is ascending over the past 2 years versus Cox? Cox just won America's top wrestler and hasn't lost a match in almost two years. Meanwhile, Kyle is getting pinned and losing to 31-year-old Sharifov. There's a reason Kyle made a big change and left the Ohio RTC; it was clear he was on the wrong track.

Spencer just ran through Senior Nationals in December dominating Vito, Tomasello and Darian Cruz. Daton and Thomas have traded matches and both made SENIOR world teams. 

It's clearly Spencer, Thomas and Daton as the top 3 of 57kg and they are an overwhelming favorite versus the field. 

Same as 65kg. JO looked great recently and Zain has Yianni's number. If I ranked 65Kg I'd go 1.) Zain 2.) JO 3.) Yianni. 

This isn't directed towards you, but we can we stop with the Cadet world team or even junior world team crap? Berge isn't a threat at 65kg despite him making a world team. It's about recent performance, not 5-7 years ago. 

24 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

They’d still have Zain, Nolf, Taylor, Bo and Cassar so it’s not like they’d be bare.

I didn’t either...,in respect to “legit”  zain and Taylor.  Other clubs also are not bare. 

So who wins a NLWC vs. the rest of the country Olympic weight dual?

Gilman vs. Lee/Fix

Zain vs. Yianni/JO

Nolf vs. JB/Dake

Taylor vs. Zahid/Ringer

Snyder vs. Cox

Cassar vs. Gable/Gwiz

BTW are we sure Ringer is going to wrestle for USA and not Germany or San Marino?

2 guys would be a third of the Olympic team.  Phenomenal.  They have a legit shot at half plus Nolf has a punchers chance.  

Six months ago, I was hoping they get zero.  I was giddy in anticipation. Now,  Taylor is a lock, Zain is 60% likely, Snyder is about 40%.  Not a rosy outcome for those of us who want the channel changed in US wrestling. 

10 minutes ago, jchapman said:

You can take a ferry across in warm weather.

Yep and you can fly an airplane from OK to WI, I've do so & if being "closer" is more of time thing then ... and doesn't have to be "warm."  :)

Edited by ionel

15 hours ago, Mokoma said:

You are asking me? I'm not the one that put the list out. Here's Mizzou's list from the other page:

Here's the favorites:

Granted, this is chalk and unlikely to be the team.

Garrett is not top 3 at 57kg or 65kg. Yianni is, but with all the hype he has never made an actual team. Dake is obviously a legit contender. 

Here's the thing, would you be surprised if Yianni, Garrett and Dake don't make a team? You shouldn't. 

Here's the favorites:

57kg: Spencer or Fix or Gilman

65kg: JO or Zain

74kg: JB

86kg: Taylor

97kg: Cox

125kg Gable or Gwizz

He says "Here's the favorites" and since more than one is listed in some then I'm assuming he means people who have a shot at it and in the way to where there's only one then that must be who he thinks is the out-and-out favorite. I can't tell you why he does that. Are you wanting to know what I think? Here goes the people who I think have a legitimate chance and then who I think is the betting favorite right now or who Vegas would have as the betting favorite.

57 - Lee, Fix and Gilman. Lee is IMO the favorite. He won the US Open or whatever it was. Gilman next. Fix a fair bit behind them. Gilman probably has a better chance to beat International wrestlers then the other two.

65 - JO, Zane and Yanni in that order. Having the Olympics pushed back a year hurts Oliver more than any of them as he was on a roll and is getting older. They all have their issues. JO has never made a team, Zane is not elite offensively and Yianni has a hard time beating American

74 - JB is certainly the favorite but I don't know why he did not list Dake as well. Nobody can certainly be surprised if Kyle won it. Third I would put Imar with about a 5% chance of winning.

86 - Taylor by a mile with Zahid, Downey and Ringer all fighting it out for 2nd. 

97 - I don't know how anybody can put Cox as the only favorite here. He could certainly win it but putting a guy as the favorite at a weight class that he's basically never wrestled before over Kyle is rich. Kyle the favorite but Cox could win.

125 - Gwiz, Gable and Kerkvliet in that order.

There's a big lake between MI and WI, not easy to get across, option go around and thru Chicago but who wants to do that.  :(
Technically MI and WI also abut. But that's not helpful for anyone traveling between the universities.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Garrett is not top 3 at 57kg or 65kg. Yianni is, but with all the hype he has never made an actual team.

To be fair, Yianni has only tried once and came damn close. And he's only going to be a (Oly RS) junior next season. So your attempt to knock him down a step is a bit unfounded. If he hasn't made a team in the next cycle then your criticism would be fair.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, MizzouGrad said:

It's about recent performance. 

Is there any indication that Kyle is ascending over the past 2 years versus Cox? Cox just won America's top wrestler and hasn't lost a match in almost two years. Meanwhile, Kyle is getting pinned and losing to 31-year-old Sharifov. There's a reason Kyle made a big change and left the Ohio RTC; it was clear he was on the wrong track.

Spencer just ran through Senior Nationals in December dominating Vito, Tomasello and Darian Cruz. Daton and Thomas have traded matches and both made SENIOR world teams. 

It's clearly Spencer, Thomas and Daton as the top 3 of 57kg and they are an overwhelming favorite versus the field. 

Same as 65kg. JO looked great recently and Zain has Yianni's number. If I ranked 65Kg I'd go 1.) Zain 2.) JO 3.) Yianni. 

This isn't directed towards you, but we can we stop with the Cadet world team or even junior world team crap? Berge isn't a threat at 65kg despite him making a world team. It's about recent performance, not 5-7 years ago. 

So I guess Kyle Dake hasn’t looked great  in winning back to back world titles?  

Gross has a case to be included if Spencer does.

17 hours ago, 1032004 said:

So who wins a NLWC vs. the rest of the country Olympic weight dual?

Gilman vs. Lee/Fix

Zain vs. Yianni/JO

Nolf vs. JB/Dake

Taylor vs. Zahid/Ringer

Snyder vs. Cox

Cassar vs. Gable/Gwiz

BTW are we sure Ringer is going to wrestle for USA and not Germany or San Marino?

I’d take the rest easily but NLWC certainly could pull it off.

17 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

2 guys would be a third of the Olympic team.  Phenomenal.  They have a legit shot at half plus Nolf has a punchers chance.  

Six months ago, I was hoping they get zero.  I was giddy in anticipation. Now,  Taylor is a lock, Zain is 60% likely, Snyder is about 40%.  Not a rosy outcome for those of us who want the channel changed in US wrestling. 

Nolf hasn’t even qualified for OTT yet has he?

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Yes. Winning the Pan American Games at 79 keggers won him entry.  Same as Shnaulty winning 70 keggers earning him a spot.

This 'kegger' unit of yours is really something!  :)   

For me, a kegger involves AC/DC, a bonfire down by the river and an older cousin to buy the keg.

22 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

This 'kegger' unit of yours is really something!  :)   

For me, a kegger involves AC/DC, a bonfire down by the river and an older cousin to buy the keg.

Nailed it!!!! 

3 hours ago, Mokoma said:

If Bo decides to go 86, he’s clearly legit.

agree but he’s still competing against another PSU guy for the spot so it doesn’t change in reference to PSU guys at NLWC winning a spot. 

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

agree but he’s still competing against another PSU guy for the spot so it doesn’t change in reference to PSU guys at NLWC winning a spot. 

Yep.  That would be crazy if he does.  Taylor / Nickal has nearly (especially in State College, maybe more) as much buzz as Cox / Snyder and Burroughs / Dake.