TobusRex

Iron Shiek Documentary

Yeah, not a college wrestler, but I was shocked to find that the Iron Sheik had a real background in Greco Roman, plus he was pretty good at it. Helped coach the US Olympic teams, even (per wikipedia).

Found this documentary on Amazon Prime (free if you have prime), it's about a wrestler, and it's stream time thanks to Covid-19.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07VSW8HNG/ref=atv_hm_hom_3_c_ZkEaqD_brws_10_1

He’s become a pretty unique character in the last few years on twitter and some podcasts, and that’s not counting his old WWE gimmick. It’s not my cup of tea to listen to consistently, but it seems like a few people on hear would eat it up. 

Edited by MadMardigain

4 minutes ago, JasonBryant said:

The Sheik trained up in Minnesota for a while. Coached in the early days of the Minnesota Wrestling Club. Had some influence on the development and style up here. 

it was definitely worth the watch Jason. And it touches on how he went to the USA after the death of Iran's greatest of all time committed suicide. NYC then Minny. He is a cult figure!

1 hour ago, DuckFor2 said:

it was definitely worth the watch Jason. And it touches on how he went to the USA after the death of Iran's greatest of all time committed suicide. NYC then Minny. He is a cult figure!

Yeah, Sheik didn't seem too convinced of that death being "suicide" either (he thinks the Shah ordered the guy killed). The Wikipedia article says the Sheik was a bodyguard for the Shah of Iran for awhile, also.

Edited by TobusRex

Yeah, Sheik didn't seem too convinced of that death being "suicide" either (he thinks the Shah ordered the guy killed). The Wikipedia article says the Sheik was a bodyguard for the Shah of Iran for awhile, also.
He was a bodyguard for the Shah . .and I'm sure a darn good one

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, DuckFor2 said:

I actually "own" it (as much as anyone can own things bought off iTunes these days)