Wrestlingfan25

Zahid vs Bo Nickal who ya got?

I might say 5.5 times out of 10.  Simply amazing the number of world class wrestlers we are producing.  I could see either of these two bringing home several world medals if they can ever make our world team.

Well Zahid has looked really good, but I think Bo has just a bit more experience, and funk, so I would think Bo would be the winner. But I wouldn’t be shocked if Zahid won. 

At 86kg I’ll go with Zahid. Zahid smashed him last time they wrestled. While both have improved since, Zahid actually has better wins (Ringer) and similar international credentials (junior silver vs Bo’s U23 Gold). 

Bo is a beast, but stylistically I think Zahid gives him trouble. It wouldn’t be a blowout.

In almost any other era, these guys would be multiple times world teamers. Neither may ever make a team

22 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

At 86kg I’ll go with Zahid. Zahid smashed him last time they wrestled. While both have improved since, Zahid actually has better wins (Ringer) and similar international credentials (junior silver vs Bo’s U23 Gold). 

Bo is a beast, but stylistically I think Zahid gives him trouble. It wouldn’t be a blowout.

In almost any other era, these guys would be multiple times world teamers. Neither may ever make a team

I mean sure, if you want to call a 2-1 win a smashing.  Zahid scored off a missed throw by Bo, that’s it.  It was a very even match.  

This match was also 4 years ago so I don’t think it means a lot.  Junior silver is not the same as U23 Gold and Dieringer is not as good of a win as Tcakulov.

I think Valencia could potentially win in 2020/2021, but this post paints an inaccurate picture IMO.

Bo would be the favorite to place higher in a tournament.

I mean sure, if you want to call a 2-1 win a smashing.  Zahid scored off a missed throw by Bo, that’s it.  It was a very even match.  

This match was also 4 years ago so I don’t think it means a lot.  Junior silver is not the same as U23 Gold and Dieringer is not as good of a win as Tcakulov.
I think Valencia could potentially win in 2020/2021, but this post paints an inaccurate picture IMO.
Why should the actual match results count? lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cjc007 said:

Why should the actual match results count? lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

You think a 2-1 “smashing” from 4 years ago means a lot?

You also think a junior silver is the same as U23 Gold?

You think Dieringer is a better win than Tcakulov?

I don't know, man. Z does find a way to win, but Bo has transcended since they met last.  Z was already in trascension mode at the time.

Bo destroyed and dismantled everyone 202lbs and down not named J'Den Cox, whereas Zahid has had trouble against some AA-R12 caliber 184lbers.

This said, Zahid matches up well with Bo.  Styles make matches.  In a round robin I could see Ringer giving Zahid fits, Zahid giving Bo fits, and Bo giving Ringer fits.  MyMar is an absolute wild card that has the athleticism to hang with anyone, so long as his head doesn't beat him.

I got Zahid 51% of the time against Bo.

I like college wrestling more than world championships so my match is based on the two meeting in an NCAA final where both are in their prime. 

At 197 pounds, I go with Bo.  In three matches, Moore didn't take down Bo at all. Of course I think Moore was playing it safe so he wouldn't get cradled again.  He lost his confidence.  But I think 197 Moore would push around Valencia. 

One interesting point is that Bo did occasionally lose to Martin- I think twice.  At 197 Zahid might be better than Martin.  If we are talking 185 pounds, I still have Bo over Zahid. 

15 hours ago, Mokoma said:

Did you watch the other match they had? Where Zahid smoked him?

13 hours ago, Mokoma said:

You think a 2-1 “smashing” from 4 years ago means a lot?

You also think a junior silver is the same as U23 Gold?

You think Dieringer is a better win than Tcakulov?

A junior silver is better than a U23 gold. Yes. U23s often has extremely weak fields. There is an occasional tough weight.

Juniors, especially at Zahid’s silver weight, is stacked.