Wrestlingfan25

Who should be the favorite next year @133

7 minutes ago, Wrestlingfan25 said:

133 next year looks to be the toughest weight class of all time. You’ve got nick Suriano (if he wrestles) Rivera, rby,desanto,micic, and vito (or maybe he goes 125)

Fix done?

1 hour ago, Wrestlingfan25 said:

133 next year looks to be the toughest weight class of all time. You’ve got nick Suriano (if he wrestles) Rivera, rby,desanto,micic, and vito (or maybe he goes 125)

Rivera may very well go 141.

Sounding like Rivera may go 141.  If that's the case I feel like it's fairly similar to last year, with Suriano/Fix (if they're back, Suriano seems 50/50 and Fix I assume is wrestling but apparently people think he might go 125) potentially replacing Gross/Rivera.

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Sounding like Rivera may go 141.  If that's the case I feel like it's fairly similar to last year, with Suriano/Fix (if they're back, Suriano seems 50/50 and Fix I assume is wrestling but apparently people think he might go 125) potentially replacing Gross/Rivera.

He also may be out for Oly-Shirt OR due to him pissing hot.

I wish we knew more information about that.  The NCAA takes PEDs quite seriously when student-athletes get popped for them.

1 hour ago, Mokoma said:

So he’s done college wrestling forever?

I hope not, however little is known about what he actually pissed for other than it being PEDs.

The NCAA will uphold whatever ban UWW does and enforce it to the NCAA season as well.  That said, I think if we see him it'd be for a limited B12 schedule(end of season) then the postseason.  I don't know for what weight, though.

Hmm, I just heard it is a clerical error from his registering a prescription medicine.  I don't want to convolute this with more rumors, etc, but I'm going to give this amazing kid the benefit of innocent until proven guilty.  I think he's coming out of this chasing a world team spot.  He's a tough out for anyone at 33 or 25.  

2 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Source?

You're going to have to try that search function, bud.

At work and frankly, I'll forget about it tonight. It's in an interview where he says going 65 keggers would be easier for him to go than 57 keggers.

On 4/23/2020 at 8:52 AM, Fletcher said:

Source?

In a Flo interview a couple days after NCAAs were cancelled, Rivera talked about walking around at 155-160lbs and playing Call of Duty with his cronies... while on the back porch of his family's phenomenal lake house.

edit: Was informed that is no lake, rather it is Barnegat Bay, right on the Jersey shore, from their backyard in Toms River.  

Edited by jross

5 hours ago, Peso said:

Hmm, I just heard it is a clerical error from his registering a prescription medicine.  I don't want to convolute this with more rumors, etc, but I'm going to give this amazing kid the benefit of innocent until proven guilty.  I think he's coming out of this chasing a world team spot.  He's a tough out for anyone at 33 or 25.  

his team is definitely saying it is a clerical error... 

if he is not cleared, he won't be allowed in the OSU room again...

those are the stakes...

it is pretty odd that this has been in limbo for 3 months...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

his team is definitely saying it is a clerical error... 

if he is not cleared, he won't be allowed in the OSU room again...

those are the stakes...

it is pretty odd that this has been in limbo for 3 months...

TUE exemption and appeals process takes a while, especially when everything is on hold 

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

TUE exemption and appeals process takes a while, especially when everything is on hold 

Yeah... I’m sure a worldwide pandemic does take precedence over a hot test...