Wrestlingfan25

Who should be the favorite next year @133

Still contend that Micic is better than he gets credit for because he was so hampered in the last half of his last season.  I thought he was (albeit small) a level better than Suriano when they wrestled in the dual meet that same season Suriano won it.  Micic was still formidable at NCAAs that year but was forcibly defensive.  I think he is still a favorite over Suriano.  Rivera and Fix would be interesting stylistic matchups for him however.

19 minutes ago, Class said:

Still contend that Micic is better than he gets credit for because he was so hampered in the last half of his last season.  I thought he was (albeit small) a level better than Suriano when they wrestled in the dual meet that same season Suriano won it.  Micic was still formidable at NCAAs that year but was forcibly defensive.  I think he is still a favorite over Suriano.  Rivera and Fix would be interesting stylistic matchups for him however.

I don’t think micic is better. Suriano was in on so many shots and didn’t finish. Just a few slight adjustments and he would have won the first meeting. He made the proper adjustments at ncaas

11 minutes ago, Wrestlingfan25 said:

I don’t think micic is better. Suriano was in on so many shots and didn’t finish. Just a few slight adjustments and he would have won the first meeting. He made the proper adjustments at ncaas

Suriano was in on Micic and couldn't finish.  Micic was in on Suriano and finished very cleanly and smoothly.  A high level match where ability to finish (A Micic trademark) was the difference maker.

Micic was heavily hampered at NCAAs, he was out a significant amount of time prior to Big 10s.  Agree to disagree but I think the reversed result at NCAA is attributed to that and not Suriano adjustments.

On 4/23/2020 at 12:39 PM, jross said:

In a Flo interview a couple days after NCAAs were cancelled, Rivera talked about walking around at 155-160lbs and playing Call of Duty with his cronies... while on the back porch of his family's phenomenal lake house.

That's Barnegat Bay, right on the Jersey shore, from their backyard in Toms River.