Titabawassee

Wynn Michalak to Campbell

3 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

Wow I feel dumb now. But point stands for public universities and the wrestling community in general. 

Personally, I’d like to see more religion (or lack thereof) in wrestling. 

I believe that prior to the start of every season, each wrestler should be required to fill out a form that indicates his belief system and how he sees his belief system relating to his wrestling hobby. 

Then, at the end of the season, fans should be able to access those forms in order to see what belief systems wrestlers adhere to; whether they made inaccurate predictions; and what they should have learned.

That way, for instance, if a wrestler attributes his success to Buddha or Zoroaster at the end of the season, we can see if he altered his belief system on the fly in order to say that a religious figure is invested in his hobby. Or, we could see whether Jesus-supporting wrestlers are actually better than Darwin-supporting wrestlers.

It would be great for the fans. 

Edited by Katie

11 minutes ago, Katie said:

I believe that prior to the start of every season, each wrestler should be required to fill out a form that indicates his belief system and how he sees his belief system relating to his wrestling hobby. 

Then, at the end of the season, fans should be able to access those forms in order to see what belief systems wrestlers adhere to; whether they made inaccurate predictions; and what they should have learned.

That way, for instance, if a wrestler attributes his success to Buddha or Zoroaster at the end of the season, we can see if he altered his belief system on the fly in order to say that a religious figure is invested in his hobby. Or, we could see whether Jesus-supporting wrestlers are actually better than Darwin-supporting wrestlers.

Why should we all be forced to believe the same BS? If it is not bad enough, religion is tax exempt. Then on top of that you think PUBLIC schools should force us to be catholic, Christian or Lutheran? I bet you would not feel the same way if they told us we had to pray in a Muslim manner.

18 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

You cant get faith out of wrestling.  Wrestling has a divine quality I believe.  

By no means do I mean this as a knock on either but maybe YOU can't get faith out of wrestling but apparently he can.

1 minute ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Why should we all be forced to believe the same BS? If it is not bad enough, religion is tax exempt. Then on top of that you think PUBLIC schools should force us to be catholic, Christian or Lutheran? I bet you would not feel the same way if they told us we had to pray in a Muslim manner.

Safety recruit Daniel Wright flips from FSU to Alabama - Tomahawk ...

5 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Edit: bnwtg had a better response than me 

Edited by Katie

7 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

Great pickup, but I hate the reasoning that "he is a man of faith". Get faith out of wrestling. 

""He is driven by his faith, family, and relentless will to win."  Wow what an offensive statement.....

4 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

Wow I feel dumb now. But point stands for public universities and the wrestling community in general. 

Last I checked religion was a freedom.

50 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

By no means do I mean this as a knock on either but maybe YOU can't get faith out of wrestling but apparently he can.

It is in wrestling's nature.  People can be deceived of the truth, but that doesn't change truth. 

51 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Safety recruit Daniel Wright flips from FSU to Alabama - Tomahawk ...

I went to a public highschool where a Catholic coach huddled his team of Catholicis, Protestants, a Hindu, and a few atheists, to pray before tournament meets.  In reality, what does it hurt?  It was in a team humble.  No one was forced to actually pray.  I don't see anything wrong with what he did.  And I am not Catholic.  It did not hurt anything.  As far as being forced to pray to Allah----if I was an atheists at worse it's a waste of time- at best it may make a difference.  So why argue?  As a Christian I wouldn't pray to Allah.  But while the coach was praying to Allah, I would pray to Yahweh.  So your point is mute. 

51 minutes ago, Katie said:

Edit: bnwtg had a better response than me 

no one is forced.  Let's not have victim mentatlity.  And let's not force Christians not to pray.  Geez.   Anti-religious people really have persecution complex which is ironic since Atheists world leaders have killed more innocents than any particular faith. 

1 hour ago, Katie said:

don't be silly.  The Bible claims to "Consider it pure joy my brothers when you face trials..." James 1:2-4.  Destroys your argument for Christian God means Christian success. 

8 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

no one is forced.  Let's not have victim mentatlity.  And let's not force Christians not to pray.  Geez.   Anti-religious people really have persecution complex which is ironic since Atheists world leaders have killed more innocents than any particular faith. 

Not really, it’s more of a “quit pushing your BS on me”. If I say I am not interested in praying, then I should not be viewed as an outcast in a public school. Is that not the entire point of going to a faith based Catholic/Christian school? To find people whom share the same faith, so you can have team prayers, pray at lunch and so on. I am not against people praying. For instance I went to a public school where we had a group of 10-15 people whom chose to take a knee and do a big several minute prayer after games and they invited players from opposing teams to join. Basically what I am saying(bible bangers always get offended) is if you want to go do your prayer feel free but don’t tell your entire team to knee and pray to some fake bull crap in the sky that doesn’t exist. 

19 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

don't be silly.  The Bible claims to "Consider it pure joy my brothers when you face trials..." James 1:2-4.  Destroys your argument for Christian God means Christian success. 

I'm not making any claims about what the Bible means. Before I'd do that, I'd carefully research what experts like historians and archaeologists have to say about it.

I'm merely saying that I think it would be fun to compare different claims -- such as a hypothetical claim that Christian God equals wrestling success -- based on results. My proposal, of course, would allow for other fun comparisons.

Edited by Katie

3 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Not really, it’s more of a “quit pushing your BS on me”. If I say I am not interested in praying, then I should not be viewed as an outcast in a public school. Is that not the entire point of going to a faith based Catholic/Christian school? To find people whom share the same faith, so you can have team prayers, pray at lunch and so on. I am not against people praying. For instance I went to a public school where we had a group of 10-15 people whom chose to take a knee and do a big several minute prayer after games and they invited players from opposing teams to join. Basically what I am saying(bible bangers always get offended) is if you want to go do your prayer feel free but don’t tell your entire team to knee and pray to some fake bull crap in the sky that doesn’t exist. 

So is calling someone's beliefs "fake bull crap in the sky that doesn't exist" fit into the category of "quite pushing your BS on me." ?  Seems like you just violated your own point. 

32 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I went to a public highschool where a Catholic coach huddled his team of Catholicis, Protestants, a Hindu, and a few atheists, to pray before tournament meets.  In reality, what does it hurt?  It was in a team humble.  No one was forced to actually pray.  I don't see anything wrong with what he did.  And I am not Catholic.  It did not hurt anything.  As far as being forced to pray to Allah----if I was an atheists at worse it's a waste of time- at best it may make a difference.  So why argue?  As a Christian I wouldn't pray to Allah.  But while the coach was praying to Allah, I would pray to Yahweh.  So your point is mute. 

Correct. If a coach wants to promote Satanism or something to his athletes, they should all sit down and accept it because it doesn't hurt anything. If an athlete thinks it's all hocus-pocus nonsense, he can silently pray to Darwin if he wants.

Edited by Katie