Jump to content
Titabawassee

Wynn Michalak to Campbell

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Not really, it’s more of a “quit pushing your BS on me”. If I say I am not interested in praying, then I should not be viewed as an outcast in a public school. Is that not the entire point of going to a faith based Catholic/Christian school? To find people whom share the same faith, so you can have team prayers, pray at lunch and so on. I am not against people praying. For instance I went to a public school where we had a group of 10-15 people whom chose to take a knee and do a big several minute prayer after games and they invited players from opposing teams to join. Basically what I am saying(bible bangers always get offended) is if you want to go do your prayer feel free but don’t tell your entire team to knee and pray to some fake bull crap in the sky that doesn’t exist. 

Or if the team as a whole votes to pray, or decides to pray, then the atheist has a choice not to join.  Your argument is that no one should force Christianity on you.  My stance is that anti-Christians should not force their lack of team prayers on others.  When my coach prayed, no one was forced to be there.  And no one was looked as a pariah for not joining. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Katie said:

Correct. If a coach wants to promote Satanism or something to his athletes, they should all sit down and accept it because it doesn't hurt anything. If an athlete thinks it's all hocus-pocus nonsense, he can silently pray to Darwin if he wants.

satanism is pure evil.  An atheist wouldn't pray, but Christians are forced to listen to darwinism in public school which again destroys your argument. You should stop while you aren't that far behind.  You are on the losing side of this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shieldofpistis said:

satanism is pure evil.  An atheist wouldn't pray, but Christians are forced to listen to darwinism in public school which again destroys your argument. You should stop while you aren't that far behind.  You are on the losing side of this. 

Losing side because bible bangers believe whatever the church tells them to believe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Katie said:

I'm not making any claims about what the Bible means. Before I'd do that, I'd carefully research what experts like historians and archaeologists have to say about it.

I'm merely saying that I think it would be fun to compare different claims -- such as a hypothetical claim that Christian God equals wrestling success -- based on results. My proposal, of course, would allow for other fun comparisons.

You can't make a claim what a Christian would call success on theologically without Scripture understanding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lunaticfringe said:

Losing side because bible bangers believe whatever the church tells them to believe

Actually I think atheists have more of a habit of doing that.  Christians are much more likely to have personal reflections in my observations.  

 

Anyway, why are we even talking about this? We wont' change anyone.  I was specifically called into this thread.  A bunch of lurkers are probably just laughing at us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shieldofpistis said:

Actually I think atheists have more of a habit of doing that.  Christians are much more likely to have personal reflections in my observations.  

 

Anyway, why are we even talking about this? We wont' change anyone.  I was specifically called into this thread.  A bunch of lurkers are probably just laughing at us. 

I actually smiled at that comment because I was feeling the agree to disagree statement as well.

 

Hopefully Campbell continues to have some moderate top 25 or so success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

satanism is pure evil.  An atheist wouldn't pray, but Christians are forced to listen to darwinism in public school which again destroys your argument. You should stop while you aren't that far behind.  You are on the losing side of this. 

I guess I lost. And this whole time I thought the theory of evolution by natural selection was not a religion, but was instead a scientific theory that did the best job to date of explaining all the facts we have at our disposal. Can you recommend any books to me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I went to a public highschool where a Catholic coach huddled his team of Catholicis, Protestants, a Hindu, and a few atheists, to pray before tournament meets.  In reality, what does it hurt?  It was in a team humble.  No one was forced to actually pray.  I don't see anything wrong with what he did.  And I am not Catholic.  It did not hurt anything.  As far as being forced to pray to Allah----if I was an atheists at worse it's a waste of time- at best it may make a difference.  So why argue?  As a Christian I wouldn't pray to Allah.  But while the coach was praying to Allah, I would pray to Yahweh.  So your point is mute. 

You're reaching here Jimmy. That need to stir up internet forum trouble has you really crazy today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

You can't make a claim what a Christian would call success on theologically without Scripture understanding. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "Scripture understanding," but rest assured I did not make any claims about what the Bible means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Katie said:

I guess I lost. And this whole time I thought the theory of evolution by natural selection was not a religion, but was instead a scientific theory that did the best job to date of explaining all the facts we have at our disposal. Can you recommend any books to me?

Do you know your lord and flavor? I'm a pastafarian and would like to welcome you to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, where you can take a DMV photo with a colander on your head. Checkmate atheists.

https://www.spaghettimonster.org/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Katie said:

I guess I lost. And this whole time I thought the theory of evolution by natural selection was not a religion, but was instead a scientific theory that did the best job to date of explaining all the facts we have at our disposal. Can you recommend any books to me?

That is different topic Katie.  Let's not go there.  If you are serious I would recommend "I don't have enough faith to be an atheist" by Frank Turek. 

But let's stop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 10point said:

I sure hope we get someone at MSU to replace Wynn. He was a vital cog in our recent improvement. He’ll be hard to replace

Excuse you but there is a religious debate currently happening on the internet. Please don't interrupt by sticking to the topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shieldofpistis said:

That is different topic Katie.  Let's not go there.  If you are serious I would recommend "I don't have enough faith to be an atheist" by Frank Turek. 

But let's stop. 

I'm actually more interested in your belief that the the theory of evolution by natural selection is a religion. Everything I've read has told me that's its a scientific theory. But you seem pretty confident that it is in fact a religion. Where can I learn more about your view?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Katie said:

I'm actually more interested in your belief that the the theory of evolution by natural selection is a religion. Everything I've read has told me that's its a scientific theory. But you seem pretty confident that it is in fact a religion. Where can I learn more about your view?

Everything tells you it's a scientific theory? There are many atheists who don't even believe macro evolution is possible.  I gave you reading material.  Asked and answered. 

A worldview where God is not necessary is specifically what I take issue with, not evolution in itself necessarily.  God could have used evolution.  Unfortunately, if you watch the documentary, "Expelled' you would see how universities have ways to make sure evolution is presented as it is- even though quite a few oppose it.  But I am not a scientist. 

I will tell you that there is more evidence that Jesus Christ was crucified than there is for 98% of ancient history and what there is for evolution.  It's a historical fact.  5 secular sources within 70 years of crucifixtion along with gospels, book of hebrews, peter, James, and Paul.  That's like 10 ancient sources altogether.  That's why the best atheist historians don't even argue the fact that Jesus was crucified. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shieldofpistis said:

Everything tells you it's a scientific theory? There are many atheists who don't even believe macro evolution is possible.  I gave you reading material.  Asked and answered. 

A worldview where God is not necessary is specifically what I take issue with, not evolution in itself necessarily.  God could have used evolution.  Unfortunately, if you watch the documentary, "Expelled' you would see how universities have ways to make sure evolution is presented as it is- even though quite a few oppose it.  But I am not a scientist. 

I will tell you that there is more evidence that Jesus Christ was crucified than there is for 98% of ancient history and what there is for evolution.  It's a historical fact.  5 secular sources within 70 years of crucifixtion along with gospels, book of hebrews, peter, James, and Paul.  That's like 10 ancient sources altogether.  That's why the best atheist historians don't even argue the fact that Jesus was crucified. 

I guess you couldn't find a book that is on point. That's fine. I probably won't watch "Expelled" because it does not sound on point either. As for your third and final paragraph, I literally don't know what you're responding to.

I can tell you're very passionate about your "Scripture understanding" and I wish you the best of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Katie said:

I guess you couldn't find a book that is on point. That's fine. I probably won't watch "Expelled" because it does not sound on point either. As for your third and final paragraph, I literally don't know what you're responding to.

I can tell you're very passionate about your "Scripture understanding" and I wish you the best of luck.

I give you a book on point "I don't have enough faith to be an atheist" and you claim I don't give you a book?  I gave you a book.  You decided not to like it withour reading it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I will tell you that there is more evidence that Jesus Christ was crucified than there is for 98% of ancient history and what there is for evolution.  It's a historical fact.  5 secular sources within 70 years of crucifixtion along with gospels, book of hebrews, peter, James, and Paul.  That's like 10 ancient sources altogether.  That's why the best atheist historians don't even argue the fact that Jesus was crucified. 

But a lot of people were crucified back then. At least two others the same day, same place. Were those two also sons of God? One thing doesn't prove the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the odds this thread lasts through the night?  As a previous youth group leader and now an engineer, I believe that faith and reason cannot coexist.  Read the good book again and you will find some of the good guys in the old testament meet the definition of evil.  Praying to one person's god, in a group setting, is incredibly insensitive and sometimes offensive to others with different beliefs.  People have died for less offense.  Once you travel the world and recognize that religion is a byproduct of one's environment, some enlightenment may truly occur.  You can believe what you want and not force it on others.  There might be more Christians if not for the Christians -- the more you read the new testament and compare to the opposite observed Christian behavior, the less attractive it becomes :).  Follow the golden rule and you will get along fine with anyone.

Edited by jross

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Why would Michalak leave Michigan State (B1G) to coach at Campbell (SoCon)?

Sentes and him were at Central Michigan together and are friends.Also sometimes people want a new challenge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, calot said:

Sentes and him were at Central Michigan together and are friends.Also sometimes people want a new challenge

I hope he got an increase in pay and elevation in job title for the move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...