Titabawassee

Wynn Michalak to Campbell

John Smith says "Maybe?"!  (smiley face emoji before the butthurt begins)

John Smith, Dan Gable, and Cael combined aren't in the top 10 worldwide. 

Unless you're just counting age group American folkstyle.

Myron Roderick too.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

@shieldofpistis - I posted the gif because I remember my surprise when discovering that there are modern fish that breathe air and walk on land.  I will go down the rabbit hole with you.  Have you ever owned a dog?  Why does my English Bulldog resemble a bear rug that struggles to breath instead of the wolf line he descends from?  According to dictionary definitions, that qualifies as an example of evolution.  Yes, the Case for a Creator is another good book.  I like Ben Stein -- not sure yet if I'll watch Expelled or not.  The industry reviews call it propaganda and it cannot possibly reveal the information I really want (proof for god, proof for christ, proof for big bang, proof for single cell to complex life).

Note: I edited the original post so as to reduce noise with a new comment.  For clarity, I am not trying to convince you to change your beliefs.  And I'll bow out like the others from the convo.

Edited by jross

I posted the video because I remember my surprise when discovering that there are modern fish that breathe air and walk on land.  I will go down the rabbit hole with you.  Have you ever owned a dog?  Why does my English Bulldog resemble a bear rug that struggles to breath instead of the wolf line he descends from?  According to dictionary definitions, that qualifies as an example of evolution.  Yes, the Case for Creation is another good book.  I like Ben Stein -- not sure yet if I'll watch Expelled or not.  The industry reviews call it propaganda and it cannot possibly reveal the information I really want (proof for god, proof for christ, proof for big bang, proof for single cell to life today).

Note: I edited the original post so as to reduce noise with a new comment.

How can you prove the Big Bang Theory?

If you can, please enlighten the rest of us.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, shieldofpistis said:

Yes, I admit, people who claimed to be Christians did awful things in history.  I never said they didn't.

No, but you convenient left it out to make your point. At least Christianity seems to have improved now and spread religion by having rich kids build churches in third world countries.

Third, another debate fallacy you use since you can't combat my points is that I do not understand evolution.  I understand it quite fine. 

So you claim, but your posts indicate otherwise.

I think that is fantasy for adults.  But even if it did happen, that does not dismiss that Jesus Christ resurrected.

My irony meter just went through the roof.

28 minutes ago, jross said:

@shieldofpistis - I posted the gif because I remember my surprise when discovering that there are modern fish that breathe air and walk on land.  I will go down the rabbit hole with you.  Have you ever owned a dog?  Why does my English Bulldog resemble a bear rug that struggles to breath instead of the wolf line he descends from?  According to dictionary definitions, that qualifies as an example of evolution.  Yes, the Case for Creation is another good book.  I like Ben Stein -- not sure yet if I'll watch Expelled or not.  The industry reviews call it propaganda and it cannot possibly reveal the information I really want (proof for god, proof for christ, proof for big bang, proof for single cell to life today).

Note: I edited the origianal post so as to reduce noise with a new comment.  For clarity, I am not trying to convince you to change your beliefs.  And I'll bow out like the others from the convo.

JROSS, we do not know for sure that God did not create fish that could breathe air and walk on land.  We really can't prove or disprove evolution if we do not know the vast amount of creatures God originally created. 

JROSS,  I am not a biologist.  I am a historian.  I have good friends who think God used evolution and I have good friends who think evolution is silly.  I think creation does prove God, but that can be done with or without evolution.  As I have said five times already in this thread, even if evolution is true that does not mean God did not use it. 

I don't really have anything more to add to this conversation.  I highly doubt anyone's opinion has changed due to our back and forth.  You could be correct in your viewpoints.  I could also be correct.  It's kind of senseless to continue discussing.  That is why I don't think anti-evolutionary voices should be silenced. I think the argument for whether microrganisms can actually evolve into humans over millions of years has not even scratched the surface because the scientific community treats the growing number of people who question the legitimacy of evolution terribly. 

As a historian, I don't rest my case for Christianity on creation.  I rest it on the resurrection of Christ.  Now, i can't even prove that without a shadow of a doubt.  That is where experiencing Jesus Christ comes into play.  However, the evidence that Jesus resurrected is so much more likely and probably than the arguments that He didn't. 

I hope you will find this post as a good spot to end a public conversation which probably is irritating many.  

Edited by shieldofpistis

17 hours ago, Pinnum said:

Associate Head Coach is the head coach in waiting.  The title was created to give to long time assistants who are really on the level of head coaches so that they don’t leave to take a head coaching job elsewhere.   

Head assistant coach is the coach that is the most senior position of the assistant coaches. 

Volunteer coach is not paid by the University.  

The real question is on a staff of 4, why would a team need both head assistant and associate head coach titles? In theory with the name Associate head coach, they should not even need to interview for a head coaching role at all having the head coach in waiting on staff.

Maybe it's neither evolution from a single cell or creation out of nothing. Maybe it's beaming in, ala Star Trek. After all the DNA molecule is programmable.  But then who are these Beamers? And I don't mean BMWs.

4 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

JROSS, we do not know for sure that God did not create fish that could breathe air and walk on land.  We really can't prove or disprove evolution if we do not know the vast amount of creatures God originally created. 

JROSS,  I am not a biologist.  I am a historian.  I have good friends who think God used evolution and I have good friends who think evolution is silly.  I think creation does prove God, but that can be done with or without evolution.  As I have said five times already in this thread, even if evolution is true that does not mean God did not use it. 

I don't really have anything more to add to this conversation.  I highly doubt anyone's opinion has changed due to our back and forth.  You could be correct in your viewpoints.  I could also be correct.  It's kind of senseless to continue discussing.  That is why I don't think anti-evolutionary voices should be silenced. I think the argument for whether microrganisms can actually evolve into humans over millions of years has not even scratched the surface because the scientific community treats the growing number of people who question the legitimacy of evolution terribly. 

As a historian, I don't rest my case for Christianity on creation.  I rest it on the resurrection of Christ.  Now, i can't even prove that without a shadow of a doubt.  That is where experiencing Jesus Christ comes into play.  However, the evidence that Jesus resurrected is so much more likely and probably than the arguments that He didn't. 

I hope you will find this post as a good spot to end a public conversation which probably is irritating many.  

In what context are you an historian?

On 4/23/2020 at 8:15 AM, calot said:

Daryl Thomas is a great recruiter he would be a perfect fit for Campbell.Wynn was on IL staff as a volunteer for 2 years while Daryl was wrestling

Good call calot. Hopefully, Campbell has spots left for some ODU guys.

44 minutes ago, Relentless125 said:

Just saw that. He could turn out to be really good. BJ Futrell's cousin. 

Hopefully BJ college buddy Daryl is announced soon as assistant

Edited by calot

On 4/24/2020 at 2:57 PM, cjc007 said:

I would like to see your list of 10 guys that you would put above 6 straight world/Olympic gold medals.

On 4/24/2020 at 2:57 PM, cjc007 said:

On 5/1/2020 at 7:16 AM, Crotalus said:

I would like to see your list of 10 guys that you would put above 6 straight world/Olympic gold medals.

Not to take away from John Smith, but there is a list of at least 10....not in any order:

Buvaisar Satiev 3 Olympic Gold, 6 world Gold

Sergei Belaglozov 2 Olympic Gold, 6 World Gold, 1 World Silver

Arsen Fadzaev 2 Olympic Gold, 6 World Gold, 1 World Silver

Alexander Medved  3 Olympic Gold, 7 World Gold, 1 World Silver, 1 World Bronze

Levan Tediashvili  2 Olympic Gold, 4 World Gold 1 World Silver (3 different wt. classes, 82,90 and 100 kg...the silver was at 100 kg....2 of his victims  were Olympic Gold Medalists John and  Ben Peterson in consecutive Olympics.

Makharbek Khadartzev  2 Olympic Gold, 1 Olympic Silver, 5 World Gold

Ivan Yarigan (long time USSR national coach) 2 Olympic Gold, 1 World Gold, 5 World Cup Championships...I think his competitive career was cut short, as they wanted him to coach, and he was a great one.

Alexander Karelin  (greco-roman)  3 Olympic Gold, 1 Olympic Silver, 9 World Gold

Bruce Baumgartner  2 Olympic Gold, 1 Bronze, 1 Silver, 3 World Gold, 3 World Silver, 3 World Bronze, 7 World Cup Gold, 4 World Cup Silver 

Valentive Jordanov  1 Olympic Gold, 1 Olympic Silver, 7 World Gold, 2 World Silver, 1 World Bronze

I'm sure there are others....those are just the ones that came to mind, and you can knit-pick I'm sure, but there are a lot of great ones out there....I've seen everyone of these guys wrestle in person....I was even there, when Sergei Belaglozov came out of retirement, and moved up a wt. for the $10,000 match against John Smith....just sayin'...and there is a least one with less medal than John Smith, but they belong in the conversation, namely Yarigan....he sat in the corner against John...LOL.....stay safe and have a great day.....Fadzaev 2

Edited by fadzaev2

On 4/24/2020 at 9:21 PM, Plasmodium said:

I'm just asking.  Is it your profession?  Is your life's work studying the formation of the First Republic of France? 

I think he said he was a local pastor. 

Edited by Katie

On 5/4/2020 at 10:53 AM, fadzaev2 said:

Not to take away from John Smith, but there is a list of at least 10....not in any order:

Buvaisar Satiev 3 Olympic Gold, 6 world Gold

Sergei Belaglozov 2 Olympic Gold, 6 World Gold, 1 World Silver

Arsen Fadzaev 2 Olympic Gold, 6 World Gold, 1 World Silver

Alexander Medved  3 Olympic Gold, 7 World Gold, 1 World Silver, 1 World Bronze

Levan Tediashvili  2 Olympic Gold, 4 World Gold 1 World Silver (3 different wt. classes, 82,90 and 100 kg...the silver was at 100 kg....2 of his victims 1 were Olympic Gold Medalists John and  Ben Peterson in consecutive Olympics.

Makharbek Khadartzev  2 Olympic Gold, 1 Olympic Silver, 5 World Gold

Ivan Yarigan (long time USSR national coach) 2 Olympic Gold, 1 World Gold, 5 World Cup Championships...I think his competitive career was cut short, as they wanted him to coach, and he was a great one.

Alexander Karelin  (greco-roman)  3 Olympic Gold, 1 Olympic Silver, 9 World Gold

Bruce Baumgartner  2 Olympic Gold, 1 Bronze, 1 Silver, 3 World Gold, 3 World Silver, 3 World Bronze, 7 World Cup Gold, 4 World Cup Silver

Valentive Jordanov  1 Olympic Gold, 1 Olympic Silver, 7 World Gold, 2 World Silver, 1 World Bronze

I'm sure there are others....those are just the ones that came to mind, and you can knit-pick I'm sure, but there are a lot of great ones out there....I've seen everyone of these guys wrestle in person....I was even there, when Sergei Belaglozov came out of retirement, and moved up a wt. for the $10,000 match against John Smith....just sayin'...and there is a least one with less than John Smith, but they belong in the conversation, namely Yarigan....he sat in the corner against John...LOL.....stay safe and have a great day.....Fadzaev 2

Geat list but Smith belongs in there, maybe even top 5 (and adding Karelin is cheating)