Sign in to follow this  
tommygun

Kyle Dake: Greatest Collegiate Wrestler Ever

The funny part is that you know deep down it makes no sense. Just because you like him more or might not like Cael or PSU doesn't make 4 losses better than zero losses.

Let his post alone. People get to stuck on NOW and forget the past. It's no secret that 0 means you have never lost.

The funny part is that you know deep down it makes no sense. Just because you like him more or might not like Cael or PSU doesn't make 4 losses better than zero losses.

Let his post alone. People get to stuck on NOW and forget the past. It's no secret that 0 means you have never lost.

No redshirt...

No redshirt...

4 losses

No redshirt...

4 losses

Weaker competition for Cael.

0 Losses > 4 Losses. Not that hard to understand.

That's what I am saying. I'm not sure how you trump the donut.

No redshirt. 4 weights. Cap it by beating the returning Hodge and probably top 20 wrestler of all time, in David Taylor.

0 Losses > 4 Losses. Not that hard to understand.

That's what I am saying. I'm not sure how you trump the donut.

No redshirt. 4 weights. Cap it by beating the returning Hodge and probably top 20 wrestler of all time, in David Taylor.

I like Taylor also but a Top 20 of all time does not get pinned

by a guy line Bubba who got destroyed in his previous NCAA final.

The thing that stands out to me is that Dake defeated Molinaro who dominated last year, he beat St. John who won this year and he beat Taylor multiple times, who completely dominated last year and will probably do it again next year. Is he better then Cael, I don't know because Cael was really tremendous in his own right, but it's clearly only between these two, well maybe them and Uetake.

Sanderson did lose to Jenn as a true freshman and did not wrestle during the regular season. If he had to wrestle a full regular and postseason without a RS, he does not finish undefeated and might not be a 4x Champion...We're never going to know what Sanderson would have done because circumstances were different and he never was asked to wrestle that first year.

Just appreciate both for what they have done for the sport...No need to have a Pri*k waving contest.

I like Taylor also but a Top 20 of all time does not get pinned

by a guy line Bubba who got destroyed in his previous NCAA final.

Stupid post.

More importantly, I don't think Dake is better than Cael - but when you are at that high of a level we are just splitting hairs sort of. I actually agree with Scribe (wow)...it is more opinion on what you think is more impressive. The bottom line is he is certainly at the VERY TOP , period.

Congrats to Dake - he showed how a true champion handles tough situations. Giving up that first td and coming back from it like it was nothing - wow.

Come on. There is no comparison with regards to the competition involved. Cael was in a weak weight class EVERY year he wrestled, whereas Dake was in a strong class each year. Cael never wrestled anybody as good as David Taylor either. Plus, Dake didn't take a redshirt. Gotta give Dake the nod here.