Mokoma

86 KG OTT Discussion

Anyone taking Nickal here over Taylor if Bo goes down?

I think I would. 

I really hope Bo goes for it because Taylor will likely walk through the weight otherwise.  Cox showed Bo already even at 92 he got horsed around a little bit, so I can’t imagine it going better at 97.

I would pick Bo over DT.  Bo would get smashed by Snyder and J'Den at 97.  He needs to drop to 86 if he wants a realistic shot at making the team.
I thought he was going MMA in 2021.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

In Freestyle I have Bo in the same tier as Dieringer, Martin, and Valencia.

I don't think anyone in that tier is beating DT in a best 2 of 3.

That’s crazy.  He’s a U23 World Champion. I bet he techs Martin and beats Dieringer rather convincingly.  I could see Valencia giving him fits though.

Just now, shieldofpistis said:

I hope he goes after DT. I think he will try for Snyder's spot though.  I just don't see it happening.  I actually don't think he will get past Cox to get to Snyder. 

Yeah, at 86 I could believe he could beat Cox.  But after watching them at 92, I don’t know how he would close the gap up another weight.  He does have an extra year now, but I hope he uses that to reconsider and “cut” to 86.  

1 hour ago, Mokoma said:

That’s crazy.  He’s a U23 World Champion. I bet he techs Martin and beats Dieringer rather convincingly.  I could see Valencia giving him fits though.

So the toon who dismantled Valencia less than a year ago(Dieringer) doesn't stand a chance? C'mon man.

6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

So the toon who dismantled Valencia less than a year ago(Dieringer) doesn't stand a chance? C'mon man.

Yeah I just don’t think Bo will struggle with Alex’s size and style.  He typically doesn’t.

Honestly I don’t think Bo would struggle with any of the 3 of them.  I just think Valencia gives him the most trouble based on his length and style.

My opinion, one thing he would have over ZV and Ringer is that he could be successful in positions they haven't felt or are used to because they haven't wrestled him (at least not in a while in ZV's case).  With Taylor that wouldn't be there.  If Bo went 86 my top five pick would be (in order) DT, ZV, Ringer, Bo, MyMar.

What about seeding?

DT gets the 1 per our criteria since he qualified the weiight.

Anyone with knowledge of how criteria goes? I know that it makes sense to do:

1-DT

2-Zahid

3-MyMar

4-Ringer

5-PD3

Not sure where Bo fits in there. I'd guess 2 or 3(if he even goes 86 keggers).

But that is like... 'common sense' seeding and not how seeding goes. I believe PD3's win over MyMar will factor in and bump him to the 3 or maybe even the 2? Not sure here gents. Educate me.

MyMar has the most recent win over Dieringer so currently sits higher on the ladder according to seeding criteria as of today. For what it's worth, I anticipate a 2020 US Open in December that will give a final 2021 OTT seedings shakeout. But as of today the seeding would go:

1.jpg

I thought UWW put out a press release specifically citing they didn't pop Zahid? Or am I imagining things?

And PD3 beat Mymar during the 2019 season (2019 US Open), so it does not factor in current standings is the way I read it.

Edited by bnwtwg

If Bo wrestles at 86 in the trials, at minimum he is getting to the finals provided that he and DT are on opposite sides of the bracket.  I like Ringer, but Bo is a bad style match-up for him.  Bo has already proven that he can consistently beat Myles (aside from the NCAA final as freshmen).  Bo would tech Downey.  Zahid would be a close one, but I am also picking Bo.

On 4/23/2020 at 11:45 PM, Mokoma said:

So was Richie Lewis.  Although a huge achievement, it doesn't change my perception regarding the 86 pecking order.

I suspect he beats Martin and Dieringer, maybe even Valencia as well, but DT is another matter entirely.  Would love to see the match, but I'd bet on DT pulling away in the second period.

On 4/24/2020 at 4:09 PM, bnwtwg said:

I thought UWW put out a press release specifically citing they didn't pop Zahid? Or am I imagining things?

And PD3 beat Mymar during the 2019 season (2019 US Open), so it does not factor in current standings is the way I read it.

I know Flo discounted the Rome testing rumor, but I'm unaware of any UWW comment.

Bo's results in Freestyle are so limited and even his U23 Gold at 92 does not hold anywhere near the weight that Taylor's 2018 run does. The Russian that Bo beat in the finals is solid but wouldn't even be top 5 at 86 for Russia. Bo over DT would be a huge upset-one that I wouldn't pick, especially in a 2 out of 3 match.

On 4/24/2020 at 4:00 PM, ShakaAloha said:

If Bo wrestles at 86 in the trials, at minimum he is getting to the finals provided that he and DT are on opposite sides of the bracket.  I like Ringer, but Bo is a bad style match-up for him.  Bo has already proven that he can consistently beat Myles (aside from the NCAA final as freshmen).  Bo would tech Downey.  Zahid would be a close one, but I am also picking Bo.

MyMar has beat Bo Nickal more than once, obviously lost more than once as well.  PDIII would have beat Nickal,  if he wasn't already tired when the match started.  His father posted a clear explanation of that situation on here, I'm surprised you missed it.

Well 86 is pretty stacked, but unless DT, has lost a step, I think he’s the odds on favorite to be our rep at this weight. I know that if Bo were to come down to 86, that would be very interesting, but I just see it like this, Bo is a World Class wrestler without a weight class like DT and KD were for a number of years. I am not sure what Bo will do, but if he can’t make the Olympic team hopefully he sticks around and makes the team in the future. Unfortunately Bo is not the only guy in this position, we have ZV, MM, AD, and PD3, in the same boat. 

6 hours ago, de4856 said:

Well 86 is pretty stacked, but unless DT, has lost a step, I think he’s the odds on favorite to be our rep at this weight. I know that if Bo were to come down to 86, that would be very interesting, but I just see it like this, Bo is a World Class wrestler without a weight class like DT and KD were for a number of years. I am not sure what Bo will do, but if he can’t make the Olympic team hopefully he sticks around and makes the team in the future. Unfortunately Bo is not the only guy in this position, we have ZV, MM, AD, and PD3, in the same boat. 

He put his best showing against Torreblanca a week after Torreblanca beat Ringer 2-1.

I don't think he's lost a step.