hammerlockthree

Best Never to Win Hodge?

3 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Did Jake Rosholt ever win Big 12s or have an undefeated season though?

Oddly enough, Jake only won Big 12s in 2004, which was the only season he did not win NCAAs.  He is a decent choice when considering the career (not quite Nolf, Snyder or Ruth), but he never had that really dominant season.

1 hour ago, Mokoma said:

Oddly enough, Jake only won Big 12s in 2004, which was the only season he did not win NCAAs.  He is a decent choice when considering the career (not quite Nolf, Snyder or Ruth), but he never had that really dominant season.

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Did Jake Rosholt ever win Big 12s or have an undefeated season though?

I agree, was just throwing a different name out

On 5/7/2020 at 9:26 AM, TobusRex said:

Snyder never wrestled any heavies as good as Mocco or Konrad, what makes you so certain he'd have beaten either one? Plus Snyder did lose a match to Coon, a guy I can't imagine beating Mocco or Konrad in folk.

I see your point and I am very ignorant.  This is part of the issue I dont feel people are examining- how dominate Snyder was weighing 225.   I would rank Snyder extremely high pound per pound.  I don't see nolf Nolf winning 2 weight classes above he did.  The only other guy 2 guys who I think could give up a bunch of weight is nickel and cox.  I am speaking since 2005.

1 hour ago, shieldofpistis said:

I see your point and I am very ignorant.  This is part of the issue I dont feel people are examining- how dominate Snyder was weighing 225.   I would rank Snyder extremely high pound per pound.  I don't see nolf Nolf winning 2 weight classes above he did.  The only other guy 2 guys who I think could give up a bunch of weight is nickel and cox.  I am speaking since 2005.

Despite Snyder being small for the weight, it should be pointed out that Snyder was never a 197. He didn't bump up to HWY, he always should have been there. 

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

Despite Snyder being small for the weight, it should be pointed out that Snyder was never a 197. He didn't bump up to HWY, he always should have been there. 

Because of his added muscle he was a small heavy.  I'm not sure how many heavies weighing 225 would be as dominant as him.  For 3 years,

18 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Except for that year he beat J'Den Cox and took 2nd at 197?

On 5/10/2020 at 11:18 PM, shieldofpistis said:

Frankly I think Nolf would have a hard time beating Joseph or Hall. He's great, but so are those guys in their own right. He might be able to squeeze out a win over Joseph, but I think Hall is just a bit too big/good for him. Pound for pound Nolf is better than either, though.

8 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Frankly I think Nolf would have a hard time beating Joseph or Hall. He's great, but so are those guys in their own right. He might be able to squeeze out a win over Joseph, but I think Hall is just a bit too big/good for him. Pound for pound Nolf is better than either, though.

He already smoked Joseph 6-0 in freestyle in the past year so I don’t think that’s a problem.  I do not believe he can beat Hall currently in any style though.  

8 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Yeah of course he isn't gonna casually bump up two weights and take out a probable four time finalist. Who exactly could do that.

11 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Anthony Robles? Insane number of bonus point wins, not many falls, and almost majored the returning champion in the finals.  

yeah but he was not superior his first 3 years. longevity, or total accolades is a factor.

by that logic Derek Moore is a candidate. Did Mitch Clark take a loss? He was hodge era, and beat a returning finalist. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

yeah but he was not superior his first 3 years. longevity, or total accolades is a factor.

by that logic Derek Moore is a candidate. Did Mitch Clark take a loss? He was hodge era, and beat a returning finalist. 

I wasn't aware the Hodge was awarded based on previous seasons accomplishments.  

On 5/10/2020 at 9:07 PM, shieldofpistis said:

Because of his added muscle he was a small heavy.  I'm not sure how many heavies weighing 225 would be as dominant as him.  For 3 years,

Off the top of my head, Tommy Rowlands and Garrett Lowney come to mind.

This would be dependent, of course, on the level of competition for any given 3 years - which does make it difficult to compare.