hammerlockthree

Best Never to Win Hodge?

On 5/12/2020 at 9:10 PM, TripNSweep said:

I wasn't aware the Hodge was awarded based on previous seasons accomplishments.  

From W.I.N. magazine's  page on the Dan Hodge Trophy:

"Criteria for the award includes a wrestler’s record, number of pins, dominance on the mat, past credentials, quality of competition, sportsmanship/citizenship and heart."

30 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

From W.I.N. magazine's  page on the Dan Hodge Trophy:

"Criteria for the award includes a wrestler’s record, number of pins, dominance on the mat, past credentials, quality of competition, sportsmanship/citizenship and heart."

2x AA and an R12 loss in OT, 3x conference champion, and a lot of bonus wins. Yeah it's like Robles came out of nowhere and had only one really good year. I mean 24 tech falls, 2 falls and 7 major decisions out of 36 matches is hardly dominant.  How silly of me.   

Edited by TripNSweep

3 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

2x AA and an R12 loss in OT, 3x conference champion, and a lot of bonus wins. Yeah it's like Robles came out of nowhere and had only one really good year. I mean 24 tech falls, 2 falls and 2 major decisions out of 36 matches is hardly dominant.  How silly of me.   

I'm lost.  What is your point here?  Do you feel he was more deserving than Burroughs?

Based on your post, Robles was undeniably  short on past credentials criteria.  why the snark? 

I wasn't arguing either way, just supplying criteria.  Now that I'm in it, Robles was short on all but one, maybe two, of those criteria. Robles is the runaway winner in the heart category.