Sign in to follow this  
irani

Worst ruling

2 hours ago, BuckyBadger said:

Too many to mention. I mean we’re talking about FILA/UWW where corruption is at times so obvious it might as well be out in the open.

Here is one. Ara Abramanian vs Minguzzi in 08 Olympics.

Minute 6:09. the Swedish is given a very harsh penalty which causes him the match, and apparently the referees refused to use VAR.  This is bad, but I have seen far worse ones

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

Wasnt this one of the many calls made by that Eastern European ref at the table who seemed to always go for the Eastern European wrestlers? Right after Rion this and other boards were on fire with accusations of corruption and taking money by that guy.

1 hour ago, Tofurky said:

Wasnt this one of the many calls made by that Eastern European ref at the table who seemed to always go for the Eastern European wrestlers? Right after Rion this and other boards were on fire with accusations of corruption and taking money by that guy.

Yep. He among others got sat down before the convulsion of the tournament. In one match where he was with review committee with our own Zach Errett, Zach went to hold up the paddle for the scoring and he literally took it away from Zach because it was going against him. 

Edited by Lurker

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

Yep. He among others got sat down before the convulsion of the tournament. In one match where he was with review committee with our own Zach Errett, Zach went to hold up the paddle for the scoring and he literally took it away from Zach because it was going against him. 

That's right! I remember reading about that.

Was that dude a professional referee back home?

10 hours ago, Tofurky said:

That's right! I remember reading about that.

Was that dude a professional referee back home?

Yeah he's Russian.  Professional is an interesting choice of words...invoking the notion of being paid ;)

Didn't Kary Kolat or someone win a semifinal match at the world championships, go to their hotel to rest before the finals, and then come back to find out their match didn't count because a protest or challenge?  I'm honestly very vague on this one and can't remember if they had to re-wrestle or if they just told him he lost the match.  

Worst part for gomez is the review judge called 2 blue multiple times and was told to change it to red. That was clearly wrong and messed up on many levels. Olympics is a great goal for wrestling but I do think we'd be better off giving them the finger.

3 hours ago, Perry said:

Worst part for gomez is the review judge called 2 blue multiple times and was told to change it to red. That was clearly wrong and messed up on many levels. Olympics is a great goal for wrestling but I do think we'd be better off giving them the finger.

lol The same stuff happens at worlds.

1995 Worlds.  I was in attendance and remember not liking the call.  Probably mostly because Japan had his hand raised, and by the time medals were given, the match was taken from him.  He was devastated.

Anyone familiar with the 1995 interpretations want to give a ruling on that exposure?

Edited by AHamilton

3 hours ago, AHamilton said:

1995 Worlds.  I was in attendance and remember not liking the call.  Probably mostly because Japan had his hand raised, and by the time medals were given, the match was taken from him.  He was devastated.

Anyone familiar with the 1995 interpretations want to give a ruling on that exposure?

That was criminal

11 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

the headgear pull and no takedown that gave mark hall a title are in the top 5.

i thought he had to win a championship match after the ZV headgear pull match to earn the title?