Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
irani

Worst ruling

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

the headgear pull and no takedown that gave mark hall a title are in the top 5.

Hall smart to keep his hair short. Easily visible headgear pull, unlike the one Fix's hair was hiding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://youtu.be/NVe8wlvyswM

I will jump in. The 2011 world semifinal between JB and Aliyev of AZE. First, the female ref comp!merely lost control of the match and it may be the most incompetent job of officiating I have ever seen. Here are some of her wonderful calls. 

1. She gives Aliyev a takedown at the end of the first when it clearly wasnt. To be fair, the U.S. challenges and the corrupt jury upheld it.

2. Constantly worried about the coaches staying seated rather than worrying about officiating.

3. After two scoring moves which were scored completely different than what she indicated, who knows what she had, she is losing control of the match with the AZE coach on the mat. Then, after the restart, JB gets a push out which she comp!merely forgets and never scores. It should be said that those first 2 scoring moves in the second could have been both 3-1 or 2-1 for Aliyev, IMO they were, and so 5-2. I realize the match would have played out different but the U.S. was fortunate. She never even indicates all the scoring moves. Deer in headlights.

4. Just total lack of control. How does anybody like her get to that place in wrestling officiating? Thank God I have never seen her since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

https://youtu.be/NVe8wlvyswM

I will jump in. The 2011 world semifinal between JB and Aliyev of AZE. First, the female ref comp!merely lost control of the match and it may be the most incompetent job of officiating I have ever seen. Here are some of her wonderful calls. 

1. She gives Aliyev a takedown at the end of the first when it clearly wasnt. To be fair, the U.S. challenges and the corrupt jury upheld it.

2. Constantly worried about the coaches staying seated rather than worrying about officiating.

3. After two scoring moves which were scored completely different than what she indicated, who knows what she had, she is losing control of the match with the AZE coach on the mat. Then, after the restart, JB gets a push out which she comp!merely forgets and never scores. It should be said that those first 2 scoring moves in the second could have been both 3-1 or 2-1 for Aliyev, IMO they were, and so 5-2. I realize the match would have played out different but the U.S. was fortunate. She never even indicates all the scoring moves. Deer in headlights.

4. Just total lack of control. How does anybody like her get to that place in wrestling officiating? Thank God I have never seen her since.

1. I forget where they were exactly in 2011 with tds but if you look closely JBs right knee (the one AZE shot on) did get extended and did touch the mat. I'm not sure if you can get a TD only holding the one leg since he climbed up to the waist after JB came back up to all fours.

I noticed the crew completely ignored the brick by AZE at the end. I assume they were desperately looking for fleeing the hold but they just let it sit there while declaring the winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the Simmons interview on flo, and they looked at his spladle in the second round at worlds. The ref(s) went 2 and 2 for the spladle situation. Didnt  change the outcome, but that was a pretty bad call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bad no call: In the Olympic final, Batirov goes Duke of Cornwall on Abas and tries to scoop out his eye. 

Another: any of Tsargush's singlet grabs. Dude taped his fingers to make sure sweat wouldn't interfere with his set ul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

https://youtu.be/NVe8wlvyswM

I will jump in. The 2011 world semifinal between JB and Aliyev of AZE. First, the female ref comp!merely lost control of the match and it may be the most incompetent job of officiating I have ever seen. Here are some of her wonderful calls. 

1. She gives Aliyev a takedown at the end of the first when it clearly wasnt. To be fair, the U.S. challenges and the corrupt jury upheld it.

2. Constantly worried about the coaches staying seated rather than worrying about officiating.

3. After two scoring moves which were scored completely different than what she indicated, who knows what she had, she is losing control of the match with the AZE coach on the mat. Then, after the restart, JB gets a push out which she comp!merely forgets and never scores. It should be said that those first 2 scoring moves in the second could have been both 3-1 or 2-1 for Aliyev, IMO they were, and so 5-2. I realize the match would have played out different but the U.S. was fortunate. She never even indicates all the scoring moves. Deer in headlights.

4. Just total lack of control. How does anybody like her get to that place in wrestling officiating? Thank God I have never seen her since.

Always good to have a video to go with the good description 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

1. I forget where they were exactly in 2011 with tds but if you look closely JBs right knee (the one AZE shot on) did get extended and did touch the mat. I'm not sure if you can get a TD only holding the one leg since he climbed up to the waist after JB came back up to all fours.

I noticed the crew completely ignored the brick by AZE at the end. I assume they were desperately looking for fleeing the hold but they just let it sit there while declaring the winner.

I saw that and I just dont think you could get a TD with only one leg. Of course, considering how much they change who the **** knows. You can look at her and tell after a minute that if a match ever got chippy or the coaches yelling she was going to lose control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, irani said:

And that is why I have repeatedly admitted that I am not very smart :)

If I was very smart I would have figured out a way to put the link in so the little picture came up so as not to confuse everybody so we are in the same boat my friend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brandon Slay vs Leipold.  The clinch rule was a bad rule anyway, and Leipold puts on a great acting show the make it look like Slay isn't allowing him to lock up.  couple that with a gifted hand grabbing penalty and Leipold has a 3 zip lead.  Slay would lose 4 to 1 and then Leipold subsequently be stripped of his gold for a positive PED test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2020 at 4:15 PM, Glane18 said:

Didn't Kary Kolat or someone win a semifinal match at the world championships, go to their hotel to rest before the finals, and then come back to find out their match didn't count because a protest or challenge?  I'm honestly very vague on this one and can't remember if they had to re-wrestle or if they just told him he lost the match.  

Glane, they did Both depending on the year, but I can't find the Kolat matches that were stolen in the late 90's by FILA.....ANY OF THEM besides the 1997 finals which is the one he specifically says he can accept since he left himself in a hole and he should've never left Kenari in a position where he was able to use a cheap trick to win. Other than 97,  I can't find any of his matches from 1998, 1999, or 2000...all of which he left the mat with his hand raised....... 3 years in a row.  It has happened to others like Zeke Jones in his 95' world's match with Turkey, but nobody has EVER been more screwed over by FILA than Cary Kolat.  I'd like to atleast have somebody post ONE OF HIS MATCHES from 98-2000.  He beat Serafim Barzakov in 98', he beat Elbrus Tedeev in 99', and then he beat Talaee in pool play in 2000.  Plus he got screwed by the refs in 97' who let Kenari continually untie his shoes (leading to the laces taped rule from 98 on).  When rewrestling a match at the worlds or Olympics I imagine there are only two mindsets you'd have depending on whether you're the winner or loser of the 1st match.....#1: "YES, I get a chance to rewrite history!!!!" or #2: "I've worked my entire life for this and they are STEALING it."  

Can someone please help post any of the matches he won in the late 90's that were taken away from him?  USA wrestling?  I posted a Tedeev vs Kolat match before but it was from his 98' worlds bronze, not 99'.  Also just for context here's the 97' world final with Kenari

 

Edited by Nutterbutter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Nutterbutter said:

Glane, they did Both depending on the year, but I can't find the Kolat matches that were stolen in the late 90's by FILA.....ANY OF THEM besides the 1997 finals which is the one he specifically says he can accept since he left himself in a hole and he should've never left Kenari in a position where he was able to use a cheap trick to win. Other than 97,  I can't find any of his matches from 1998, 1999, or 2000...all of which he left the mat with his hand raised....... 3 years in a row.  It has happened to others like Zeke Jones in his 95' world's match with Turkey, but nobody has EVER been more screwed over by FILA than Cary Kolat.  I'd like to atleast have somebody post ONE OF HIS MATCHES from 98-2000.  He beat Serafim Barzakov in 98', he beat Elbrus Tedeev in 99', and then he beat Talaee in pool play in 2000.  Plus he got screwed by the refs in 97' who let Kenari continually untie his shoes (leading to the laces taped rule from 98 on).  When rewrestling a match at the worlds or Olympics I imagine there are only two mindsets you'd have depending on whether you're the winner or loser of the 1st match.....#1: "YES, I get a chance to rewrite history!!!!" or #2: "I've worked my entire life for this and they are STEALING it."  

Can someone please help post any of the matches he won in the late 90's that were taken away from him?  USA wrestling?  I posted a Tedeev vs Kolat match before but it was from his 98' worlds bronze, not 99'.  Also just for context here's the 97' world final with Kenari

 

 

A number of new rules were instituted for what happened to Kolat.  He was denied gold but as a result, the rules changed to prevent what happened to him. 

mspart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mspart said:

Yeah, I hear you.  The first Taleii match probably was erased because it was not official.  USAWrestling may have it.  Perhaps they can post it as the  match of the day. 

mspart

I mistakenly put up his 98' matches a few weeks ago when the subject came up.  I wish we had any of the matches we're looking for, it's an important part of history we should educate the younger generation on.  Kolat could've/should've been a multiple time world champ without the controversy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mspart said:

2000 Olympics  vs Talaei part 1

Part 2 

 

Please tell me where you see the bad calls.
In the first match, there was a controversial call where Kolat was award exposure points, and won, and when iran protested, they gave exposure points to both.  Is that what you are referring to, and if so, do you disagree that Kolat was also exposed?

In the second match, which call(s) are you objecting to?

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like clarification, were the  reviews that change against Kolat complete crap or were they debatable that could have reasonably gone either way. and the real injustice was reversing a call after the match was finished?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jim L said:

I would like clarification, were the  reviews that change against Kolat complete crap or were they debatable that could have reasonably gone either way. and the real injustice was reversing a call after the match was finished?

In the video shared above, they show the controversial call.  I took a screen print and attached it below

Two questions: 

1.Was Kolat exposed?

2. If so, was it fair to reverse the call long after the match ended and force another match

 

 

 

 

wrestling.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2020 at 10:38 PM, hammerlockthree said:

the headgear pull and no takedown that gave mark hall a title are in the top 5.

Did he not pull the headgear?  I'm pretty sure a few other coaches from other teams were going to call him out on that at NCAA's as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...