While Suriano is pretty new to freestyle, he was training his Olympic redshirt year mostly at the NY RTC with Valentin, Chamizo, Vlad and a bunch of other foreign wrestlers who give him more international feels than any of the other rooms in the US.

I still think Spencer takes the spot, but it'll be a very fun weight to watch come OTT time.

41 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I think if Gross was weighing under 133 during the college season that doesn’t necessarily mean he wasn’t cutting a lot, just that he was smart about it.

I was agreeing with this, brosef.

44 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I was agreeing with this, brosef.

I thought you said "Gross wasn't cutting much to make 57"?   Or I guess you were just saying it wasn't much compared to what he was weighing for the college season?

anyone who doesn't think gross was making a hero cut to 57, i encourage you to revisit the farrell and just do a visual comparison to gross and every other 57 guy there... and then you can listen to mike mal's commentary on convo's he was having with gross during the day...

regardless, all of his offense that day was based off of his size advantage... nicky no shirt should have beat him if he had not gone all folk "just dive in and pray" stall out on a leg for last 10 seconds of the match... 

assuming gross can make 57 a year from now, i don't see him on the front side after quarters full strength much less while trying to maintain anything close enough for him to make 57 next day ... and i would be surprised if he even tried to make weight for second day...

as far as nicky pull-ups... i hope he is really picking up some understanding of real wrestling with kalika... im not sure he can get away from the stalling that he has focused on for so long, but, if he can... he is always a threat... him and gilman could be scrappy and highly entertaining...

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I thought you said "Gross wasn't cutting much to make 57"?   Or I guess you were just saying it wasn't much compared to what he was weighing for the college season?

I was just saying that for the Farrell specifically I think Suriano was cutting more than Gross, since Gross was actively managing it via the regular season(an under 133lb weigh-in VS Buffalo for example).

3 hours ago, LJB said:

make or allowed?

I think the two questions are related.  Wrestled a weight almost 8 lbs less than his college weight for an entire freestyle season.  We are talking about 7+ lbs on a 133.

1 minute ago, AHamilton said:

I think the two questions are related.  Wrestled a weight almost 8 lbs less than his college weight for an entire freestyle season.  We are talking about 7+ lbs on a 133.

he wrestled 33 for the team... it allowed picc to remain at 25... fix could have made 25 then and could next year if there is a next year or whenever... he is good enough he just doesn't have to for college...

he made 57 just a couple of months ago with no issues on his performance... he made 57 same day two days a few months before that... same a few months before that... so on and so forth for the last several years... all with no signs of his physical performance suffering at all...

57 is not an issue for fix... it takes work... he has proven the work is not too much for him...

of course, with that being said... his "clerical" issue was what i was referring to... 

1 minute ago, LJB said:

he wrestled 33 for the team... it allowed picc to remain at 25... fix could have made 25 then and could next year if there is a next year or whenever... he is good enough he just doesn't have to for college...

he made 57 just a couple of months ago with no issues on his performance... he made 57 same day two days a few months before that... same a few months before that... so on and so forth for the last several years... all with no signs of his physical performance suffering at all...

57 is not an issue for fix... it takes work... he has proven the work is not too much for him...

of course, with that being said... his "clerical" issue was what i was referring to... 

I was referring to the "clerical issue" as well.  

4 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I was referring to the "clerical issue" as well.  

yes, his "clerical" issue is in reference to a script that has been used in the past to aid in such matters...

i was on a roll...

germans bombing pearl harbor kind of stuff...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

yes, his "clerical" issue is in reference to a script that has been used in the past to aid in such matters...

i was on a roll...

germans bombing pearl harbor kind of stuff...

OK. I am glad that we are on the same page.  It does lead me to question future weigh-ins and performances.

i will add i desperately want to believe this "clerical" error is just that and has never been a factor in any physical prep...

i will also add i have been disappointed before...

5 minutes ago, LJB said:

i will add i desperately want to believe this "clerical" error is just that and has never been a factor in any physical prep...

i will also add i have been disappointed before...

I agree

On 5/4/2020 at 6:39 PM, fanta said:

When Fix whoops Lee AGAIN. Everyone will talk about Lee being a Natural 110 pounder.

This may very well occur because anytime someone steps on the mat anything can happen and both are very good and proven competitors that I respect however, I don't see it.  Lee seems to be continually progressing his offense. He once wrestled Suriano a full match without a takedown until he scored one in OT for the win and the last time they wrestled in the NCAA Finals, Lee scored two takedowns in one match.  Fix still hasn't scored a takedown against Suriano in about an hour of wrestling.  Lee looked more dominant this year in every position than any other year and Fix, for reasons alluded to on this forum, gave up his spot on the Pan Team and his shot at the #1 seed in the Olympic Trials.  Again, Fix is a proven competitor, but until he 1) steps back on the mat again  and answers the lingering questions that are out there and 2) show offensive progress, I simply don't see him winning the trials--as good as he has been and make no mistake about it, he's been very good.  Fanta, Fix and Lee will not meet in the first round, so he's got more to worry about than Lee including getting into the competition. Your comment on the weight thing is laughable, since they changed the weigh in protocols, his being a little light is probably an advantage, while others are having to go to extreme measures to make the weight and then to be able to compete at a high level....  

The UWW really did wrestling a disservice by eliminating weight classes.  Several competitors that should be at 133 and would do well there are forced to make a hard cut and that's too bad.  

UWW didn’t force the drop in weights, the IOC did...

and fix, Gilman, Lee, and Nicky no shirt have all proven the ability to make 57 scratch two days in a row and still perform...

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Was there ever any actual conclusion released on those two?  I was looking but haven't for awhile

well, the conclusion on zahid is that he likes to party... 4 failed school administered tests for recreational...

the fix thing has been tight lipped and nothing has come out on either side other than it was a clerical error for an adderall script and if he isn't 100% cleared he can never step into the OSU room again... 

17 minutes ago, LJB said:

well, the conclusion on zahid is that he likes to party... 4 failed school administered tests for recreational...

the fix thing has been tight lipped and nothing has come out on either side other than it was a clerical error for an adderall script and if he isn't 100% cleared he can never step into the OSU room again... 

wow on that last sentence.  Why would that be (never stepping foot in the room)?

24 minutes ago, LJB said:

because uncle john does not fuk around...

no problem there, but I guess my question is has that been said?  Or are you guessing if it turns out that what would happen?  Just curious

Edited by Lurker