1 minute ago, Lurker said:

no problem there, but I guess my question is has that been said?  Or are you guessing if it turns out that what would happen?  Just curious

that was the word around the campfire in OK by several that would know in early march... weekend of big 12s

1 minute ago, LJB said:

don't know anything about that...

He was arrested with cocaine the night he lost to Cory Clark in the R12 (could be wrong on the round) and dismissed from the team only to be allowed back and compete for two more years.

Unless there is more to it, like Daton/Derek outright lying to Coach Smith, I don’t see how they cut ties for this.

1 minute ago, wrestlingphish said:

He was arrested with cocaine the night he lost to Cory Clark in the R12 (could be wrong on the round) and dismissed from the team only to be allowed back and compete for two more years.

Unless there is more to it, like Daton/Derek outright lying to Coach Smith, I don’t see how they cut ties for this.

all i can say is what i heard from multiple people... of course it was still relatively fresh then and there hasn't been a peep from anyone since...

7 hours ago, LJB said:

all i can say is what i heard from multiple people... of course it was still relatively fresh then and there hasn't been a peep from anyone since...

I am just making sure I get this, you are saying that you heard Fix was out at OKst, but haven't heard much about it since?

33 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I am just making sure I get this, you are saying that you heard Fix was out at OKst, but haven't heard much about it since?

hey girl...

try again...

go re-read what i actually said...

12 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Dude I am so in your head its ridiculous. 

I can't ask a simple question without your insecurity boiling over.

come on baby girl, you know that is more of your fairy tales...

just quote what i actually said and explain what it is that you do not understand...

i'm more than willing to hold your hand through this...

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

alright so much for that attempt at talking about wrestling

girl, you are kinda cute when you throw a fit... the way your curls bounce when you stomp your foot like that...

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

It did its actually a difficult re-tread. 

What did you say.

I think he’s trying to say the key word was “if” (Fix isn’t 100% cleared), THEN he (supposedly) wouldn’t be allowed back.

I had not heard that.  But still seems odd that there’s literally been no official word on this despite him missing a competition he most likely should have been in. 

Just now, 1032004 said:

I think he’s trying to say the key word was “if” (Fix isn’t 100% cleared), THEN he (supposedly) wouldn’t be allowed back.

I had not heard that.  But still seems odd that there’s literally been no official word on this despite him missing a competition he most likely should have been in. 

thank you.

My take based on that is that Fix got pinched for something borderline, Smith put out some tough talk to help the image of the program, and its over. "Fix to the portal" would be a surprise.

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

the grumpy girl knows what i said... it was not especially convoluted...

she was looking to be argumentative...

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

thank you.

My take based on that is that Fix got pinched for something borderline, Smith put out some tough talk to help the image of the program, and its over. "Fix to the portal" would be a surprise.

girl... your take is as on point as usual...

it is known what he popped for... their explanation is known as well... the image of OSU is not in question...

numbers hit it on the head when questioning the odd part...

fix has posted things on his social media like it is business as usual... 

perhaps it is...

perhaps the clerical error did in fact get taken care of...

who knows...

the was no public acknowledgement of anything by anybody... leads me to believe that it is still under appeal... and it is business as usual until that appeal has officially run it's course...

WADA is not going to publicly say anything until the process is finalized... 

On 6/26/2020 at 11:36 PM, LJB said:

fix has posted things on his social media like it is business as usual... 

perhaps it is...

perhaps the clerical error did in fact get taken care of...

who knows...

the was no public acknowledgement of anything by anybody... leads me to believe that it is still under appeal... and it is business as usual until that appeal has officially run it's course...

WADA is not going to publicly say anything until the process is finalized... 

But wasn’t he in effect suspended already for the Pan Am Qualifer?

Feb 15 - Fix will compete - https://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/wrestling/2020/2/15/21138856/oklahoma-state-cowboys-wrestling-daton-fix-team-usa-team-2020-pan-american-olympic-qualifier-ottawa

Feb 24 - Gilman will compete 

https://iowawrestlingblog.com/2020/02/gilman-to-compete-at-pan-american-olympic-qualifier/

I can’t imagine there are many other sports where something like that happens with no explanation (and hardly anyone even questioning it).

6 hours ago, 1032004 said:

But wasn’t he in effect suspended already for the Pan Am Qualifer?

Feb 15 - Fix will compete - https://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/wrestling/2020/2/15/21138856/oklahoma-state-cowboys-wrestling-daton-fix-team-usa-team-2020-pan-american-olympic-qualifier-ottawa

Feb 24 - Gilman will compete 

https://iowawrestlingblog.com/2020/02/gilman-to-compete-at-pan-american-olympic-qualifier/

I can’t imagine there are many other sports where something like that happens with no explanation (and hardly anyone even questioning it).

Clearly, he was not allowed to compete at pan ams... 

is that not allowed by UWW or not allowed by USAW who knows...

but he isn’t on the UWW suspended list...

Which would be consistent with an appeal in process...