Sign in to follow this  
jackwebster

Iranian singlet: "Marine" logo

38 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

We need to lift some of the trade sanctions so this delicacy can be imported to the US of A. 

Not to worry, @Plasmodium is in touch with the guy that he used to be a back up at the National Iranian team, and he will smuggle the singlets to him

41 minutes ago, jackwebster said:

While we are hunting down "Marine," can plasmodium tell us about the angry-looking chicken here?

I believe that to be an Iranian Hawkeye.

But I could be wrong...

2 hours ago, jackwebster said:

While we are hunting down "Marine," can plasmodium tell us about the angry-looking chicken here?

There is a fried chicken chain in Iran. It is super spicy.  Roughly trsnslated it means 'This ain't your  mama' s chicken'. The owner is a former wrestler and current benefactor.  That is their logo.  The champions of the Takhti Cup dine at the original restaurant in Tehran every year.  It is a big honor.  Jordan Burroughs is the only American to eat that meal. He was a big hit with the locals and they still have his autographed picture on the wall. 

4 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

There is a fried chicken chain in Iran. It is super spicy.  Roughly trsnslated it means 'This ain't your  mama' s chicken'. The owner is a former wrestler and current benefactor.  That is their logo.  The champions of the Takhti Cup dine at the original restaurant in Tehran every year.  It is a big honor.  Jordan Burroughs is the only American to eat that meal. He was a big hit with the locals and they still have his autographed picture on the wall. 

The burroughs bit is gold, Jerry.

This is probably the best misinformation thread in the history of this forum.

Unfortunately, the spicy chicken restaurant was closed.  The authorities found out that the owner was use Hawkeye instead of chicken. 

Also, @Plasmodiumwill not be contributing to this forum much.  He will be too busy as President Trump's new Press Secretary.  As you all know, President Trump is a big wreslting fan, and while reading these forums, he discovered @Plasmodiumtalent for spreading alternative facts, and has offered him a new position.

Congratulations!  

9 hours ago, MadMardigain said:

I’m all up for an Iranian singlet, but I was more concerned with acquiring a chocolate covered sour treat.    

Yet, another evidence about the enormity of the business opportunity that @Plasmodiumblew.  Given the sanctions, we are considering asking @Plasmodium to share the recipe here so that we can produce the candy here in the US.

3 hours ago, jackwebster said:

Yeah, but that's what we are doing here ... being wrong: 

unnamed.jpg

I am going to make the naive assumption that a few of you are actually curious about what the bird on the logo is.

That is the mythical bird of Homa, sometimes spelled as Huma,  The Homa bird is said to never come to rest, living its entire life flying invisibly high above the earth, and never alighting on the ground (in some legends it is said to have no legs)

There are statues of the bird in several locations of the former Persian empire, including persepolis and Uzbekistan. 

Edited by irani

19 hours ago, irani said:

So @pamela I have a business idea

we import this singlet, and sell it online.  Anyone who buys 10, gets some free Marine candy.   See second image.  Are you in? دوبنده کشتی طرح تیم ملی مارینSee the source image

16 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

LOL WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!  Why am I not copied on this?  

Haha, Irani runs a tight ship! While the marine candy idea was brilliant, the Iranian national team but was too big of a slip up! Unfortunately, I got kicked out of the company too bc I told our candy distributors that I was Helen Maroulis’ backup in Rio. :(

23 minutes ago, pamela said:

Haha, Irani runs a tight ship! While the marine candy idea was brilliant, the Iranian national team but was too big of a slip up! Unfortunately, I got kicked out of the company too bc I told our candy distributors that I was Helen Maroulis’ backup in Rio. :(

Yes, the board decided to kick both of you out.  Not just because you lied, but because your lies were not ambitious.  If you are going to lie, at least make the first team, don't be just a back up.

On 4/27/2020 at 4:08 PM, Plasmodium said:

It is an ad.  'Marine' is a transliteration of a large candy company in Iran. They are known for their production of a morsel with a chocolate outside and a sour inside.  Sort of a chocolate covered sour punch. It is tradional for Iranian wrestlers to treat themselves with a Marine after mKinv weight.

Hall of Fame worthy post!

@PlasmodiumGiven your impressive lack of familiarity with the Iranian culture and Persian language, and your even  more impressive talent for creative alternative facts, can you please help translate the lyrics of this music video?

1 hour ago, irani said:

@PlasmodiumGiven your impressive lack of familiarity with the Iranian culture and Persian language, and your even  more impressive talent for creative alternative facts, can you please help translate the lyrics of this music video?

She is a delight! 

It's late, but I'll get right on this translation tomorrow.  Happy to help.  One fun fact - the antagonist was a former wrestler who was close, but never quite made  the junior national team back home.  His many failures gave him a lot of attitude.  He is in a few background scenes of the movie 'Boys with Broken Ears'.  The writing was on the wall at that point and he was the one doing the laundry.  Upon his return to Iran after that trip, he had to do a small amount of time in a detention center because they caught him putting capsaicin powder in the  jocks of the real wrestlers. 

5 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

She is a delight! 

It's late, but I'll get right on this translation tomorrow.  Happy to help.  One fun fact - the antagonist was a former wrestler who was close, but never quite made  the junior national team back home.  His many failures gave him a lot of attitude.  He is in a few background scenes of the movie 'Boys with Broken Ears'.  The writing was on the wall at that point and he was the one doing the laundry.  Upon his return to Iran after that trip, he had to do a small amount of time in a detention center because they caught him putting capsaicin powder in the  jocks of the real wrestlers. 

Lol, you never disappoint.  Well done my friend.