TripNSweep

Former poster "Big"

1 hour ago, tightwaist said:

Big was a character!  We’ve lost so many great contributors over the years. I wish I could remember them all.  But, a few were:

Don Goodell, Allan Brown, Jay Hammond & Denny.  

Don was great.

I used to enjoy the days of 'sparring' here with Big (I was a different username then... until I lost the password for it and gave up trying to recover it.)

Somehow, back then it felt less like we were bickering and attacking each other and more like we were joking around and having fun.

When I read and post these days, I think of Big, Brother Morris, Denny, and Jay The Historian surprisingly often. Jay is the only one I met in person (I bought his book) - but they were all great posters. Big would go on his rants that were mostly kind of funny, but the other three almost always maintained an uncommonly positive perspective.

36 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I used to enjoy the days of 'sparring' here with Big (I was a different username then... until I lost the password for it and gave up trying to recover it.)

Somehow, back then it felt less like we were bickering and attacking each other and more like we were joking around and having fun.

When I read and post these days, I think of Big, Brother Morris, Denny, and Jay The Historian surprisingly often. Jay is the only one I met in person (I bought his book) - but they were all great posters. Big would go on his rants that were mostly kind of funny, but the other three almost always maintained an uncommonly positive perspective.

I think having the off-topic sub-forum allowed all the bickering to happen out of the way of the wrestling related topics.  This made it so we didn’t have to get our jabs in whenever we could, which led to more positive wrestling discussions.

20 hours ago, Downtown Brown said:

All great posters. One off topic sorta or maybe not...Is Mudflap still with us? Haven’t seen or heard anything from him in quite some time.

I was wondering about Mudflap myself????

Was Cletus Tucker a real person? I remember there was an RIP Cletus posting but ppl weren’t sure if it was an actual passing or if it was the retirement of an online persona.
Or both...

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

On 5/8/2020 at 7:24 PM, Downtown Brown said:

All great posters. One off topic sorta or maybe not...Is Mudflap still with us? Haven’t seen or heard anything from him in quite some time.

Mudflap sadly passed away recently. Apparently the tarpaper shack he was living in blew up when he miscalculated how much shine he was brewing and put in too much yeast. Honestly he probably wasn't going to survive his tertiary syphilis much longer anyway.

He will be missed.

58 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

He quit the forum as I recall. Too bad, he was a pretty good guy. He loved to argue, lol.

He was losing it at the end.  Went off on me about something that was a little ridiculous.

BraunMan was perhaps the biggest dope ever on these boards. don't miss him. nor LI Marty

but yes when you lose true wrestling minds on a great mat forum such as this, you feel the void.

so was Big an actual decent wrestler? 

IIRC Big wrestled at Penn State pre Cael, but wasn't a regular starter.  Unless it was message board lore I think he started college in the 140s and ended up at HWT by the time he finished.

57 minutes ago, Gantry said:

IIRC Big wrestled at Penn State pre Cael, but wasn't a regular starter.  Unless it was message board lore I think he started college in the 140s and ended up at HWT by the time he finished.

Not sure if 140s but he did get BIG. I do remember him as middle to upper middle.