TripNSweep

Former poster "Big"

2 hours ago, Gantry said:

IIRC Big wrestled at Penn State pre Cael, but wasn't a regular starter.  Unless it was message board lore I think he started college in the 140s and ended up at HWT by the time he finished.

He went to Rutgers. 

Eugene “BIG” Baschmachenko

On 5/8/2020 at 6:20 AM, tightwaist said:

Big was a character!  We’ve lost so many great contributors over the years. I wish I could remember them all.  But, a few were:

Don Goodell, Allan Brown, Jay Hammond & Denny.  

I remember all of them well.

1.  Don passed away not that long after we met at a Michigan dual meet.  I attended his funeral; he was a man with a lot of different interests and a lot of knowledge about wrestling, and yet very humble.

2.  Allan was another older gentleman with a tremendous wrestling knowledge and a willingness to share it.  I got a bunch of PMs from him on various topics posted in this forum - he knew a lot about many wrestlers and programs in amazing depth!.

3.  I didn't know him as well as the first two, but obviously a great contributor.

4.  It seemed Denny was sometimes an unofficial moderator in addition to being a regular poster.  Never actually met him but he seemed like a gentle giant.  The dealio!

As for Big, he once posted that my screen name was making him feel somewhat agitated and wanted to know how I came up with it!  

The reason for his was a little obvious.  I think there was actually a pic of him here when he was doing a beach wrestling tournament.  It fit him well!

On 5/13/2020 at 11:08 AM, TobusRex said:

Mudflap sadly passed away recently. Apparently the tarpaper shack he was living in blew up when he miscalculated how much shine he was brewing and put in too much yeast. Honestly he probably wasn't going to survive his tertiary syphilis much longer anyway.

He will be missed.

Some suspect that Wallace was behind the "accident" that lead to KMF's demise.

On 5/9/2020 at 9:33 AM, pamela said:

Was Cletus Tucker a real person? I remember there was an RIP Cletus posting but ppl weren’t sure if it was an actual passing or if it was the retirement of an online persona.

Cletus was a different alias of a guy who was banned (or something) as i recall. He might still be here posting under a different name,  That's an interesting topic in it's own right, different aliases on the same site. 

Edited by TobusRex

On 5/13/2020 at 9:20 AM, AHamilton said:

He was losing it at the end.  Went off on me about something that was a little ridiculous.

Hey man, who knows what was going on in his life. Yeah, I remember he seemed to be getting more stressed. He had strong opinions and would argue ad finitum with guys. Hope he's doing alright, he was a decent guy. 

16 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Hey man, who knows what was going on in his life. Yeah, I remember he seemed to be getting more stressed. He had strong opinions and would argue ad finitum with guys. Hope he's doing alright, he was a decent guy. 

I agree with a lot of this.  I often enjoyed his posts, but he went at me pretty hard, casting all sorts of aspersions on me.  So, yeah, maybe he had some stuff going on.

1 hour ago, TobusRex said:

The original post stated that he died, so he pretty much is not doing alright.  I looked for an obit but could not find one. He was an entertaining poster for awhile and seemed to enjoy getting under people's skin without taking himself too seriously, but that seemed to change.

I remember him going hard with anti-US and misogynistic posts toward the end.

14 minutes ago, Jim L said:

The original post stated that he died, so he pretty much is not doing alright.  I looked for an obit but could not find one. He was an entertaining poster for awhile and seemed to enjoy getting under people's skin without taking himself too seriously, but that seemed to change.

I remember him going hard with anti-US and misogynistic posts toward the end.

We were talking about another poster on our trip down memory lane...

3 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Cletus was a different alias of a guy who was banned (or something) as i recall. He might still be here posting under a different name,  That's an interesting topic in it's own right, different aliases on the same site. 

He's still alive. I see him post on Facebook once in a while.