Jump to content
hammerlockthree

Pat Downey Calling out Taylor for PEDS again...

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Its quite revealing that those defending Nickal's choice to go the wrong weight have to resort to vapid cliches and complete non-sequitars. 

"those defending Nickal's choice to go the wrong weight"

Just curious on how you are the authority on what is right for Nickal to do with his life.  Please explain. How much time have you invested in his development to be such an authority?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"those defending Nickal's choice to go the wrong weight"
Just curious on how you are the authority on what is right for Nickal to do with his life.  Please explain. How much time have you invested in his development to be such an authority?
He read the results from weigh ins. 87 kgs is really, really close to 86 kgs. It's not close to 97 kgs.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

He read the results from weigh ins. 87 kgs is really, really close to 86 kgs. It's not close to 97 kgs.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
 

**turns hat backwards while shading eyes with hand**

Bro... its keggers!!!!

want a bud light?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LJB said:

the backwards hat guys do not approve of anything other than the oh so clever "keggers" designation...

 

You need to back off, tough guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PSUSMC said:

It's certainly much less cool and in no way edgy, but typing KGs is much easier/quicker than keggers.

 

I know. I say keggers. It is not done in any attempt to harm or insult anyone. I have used keggers since I was younger and active in power lifting. It isn't a term I invented, merely a term I heard and implemented.

Honestly shouldn't be a big deal nor hard to explain.

2 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Thanks, so much! It hopefully catches on!

I don't want folks confusing KGs for Kevin Garnetts.

 

2 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Kilos works too

Yes it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lurker said:

"those defending Nickal's choice to go the wrong weight"

Just curious on how you are the authority on what is right for Nickal to do with his life.  Please explain. How much time have you invested in his development to be such an authority?

you are an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

If the man wants to say keggers instead of kilos be it.  For clarity, a keg weighs about 160, a kilo 2.2 and a kegger as I know it is variable since it starts at full and ends at empty. 

and yet bo still won't go 86 keggers...

bro...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LJB said:

i am sure you think you are making a point with this...

My point is you are looking stupid when you say Bo has only wrestled one tournament at 97 while the guy you’re probably picking only has wrestled one tournament at 97. You are spending way too much energy on a guy who you say has no shot at making the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

My point is you are looking stupid when you say Bo has only wrestled one tournament at 97 while the guy you’re probably picking only has wrestled one tournament at 97. You are spending way too much energy on a guy who you say has no shot at making the team. 

you are really comparing a 2X world champ and 4X world and olympic medalist to someone who has never made a senior team and who got totally manhandled by that world champ?

that is what you are hanging your hat on?

really?

backwards hat guy as well, right?

bro...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LJB said:

you are really comparing a 2X world champ and 4X world and olympic medalist to someone who has never made a senior team and who got totally manhandled by that world champ?

that is what you are hanging your hat on?

really?

backwards hat guy as well, right?

bro...

Bo got totally manhandled?  Did you watch the matches?  I know match 2 Cox won more comfortably but match 1 was literally 2-2 and Bo got taken down with under 5 seconds to go while furiously trying to score. They were fairly even.

Bo weighed in at 87.7 kg for what it is worth.  I feel like 97 kg is too heavy for him to compete with Cox and Snyder but I definitely pick Bo against anyone in the world at 92 kg and it won’t shock me if he takes a match from Snyder or Cox at 97.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LJB said:

you are really comparing a 2X world champ and 4X world and olympic medalist to someone who has never made a senior team and who got totally manhandled by that world champ?

that is what you are hanging your hat on?

really?

backwards hat guy as well, right?

bro...

Yes, a medalist at lower weights.

You come off as a douche fedora guy, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mokoma said:

Bo got totally manhandled?  Did you watch the matches?  I know match 2 Cox won more comfortably but match 1 was literally 2-2 and Bo got taken down with under 5 seconds to go while furiously trying to score. They were fairly even.

Bo weighed in at 87.7 kg for what it is worth.  I feel like 97 kg is too heavy for him to compete with Cox and Snyder but I definitely pick Bo against anyone in the world at 92 kg and it won’t shock me if he takes a match from Snyder or Cox at 97.

are you serious?

bo's 2 pts were off a shot clock where cox had no interest in scoring and a bad challenge from cox's... the only time bo touched cox's leg he got scored  on... he had no chance of scoring on cox... the reason it was "close" on the score was because that was how cox always wrestled at that time... 

try and understand what is really happening instead of just reading a score...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mokoma said:

I definitely pick Bo against anyone in the world at 92 kg

he could not even score an offensive point in this country's finals at 92... yet, he is going to beat anyone else in the world at 92kg...

i appreciate you backing your guy... a true fan(atic)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Yes, a medalist at lower weights.

You come off as a douche fedora guy, right?

i hope you keep comparing bo to world champs that he can't score a point on and he refuses to wrestle...  it is amusing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, LJB said:

are you serious?

bo's 2 pts were off a shot clock where cox had no interest in scoring and a bad challenge from cox's... the only time bo touched cox's leg he got scored  on... he had no chance of scoring on cox... the reason it was "close" on the score was because that was how cox always wrestled at that time... 

try and understand what is really happening instead of just reading a score...

 

Bo was definitely close to scoring before Cox had a great defensive move turn into points.

We will see what happens, but Bo definitely has a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Bo was definitely close to scoring before Cox had a great defensive move turn into points.

We will see what happens, but Bo definitely has a shot.

if you call touching a leg close to scoring, then, i guess...

it was the only time he even sniffed cox's leg, so, i suppose you have to dig deep for the positives...

i will say this, if he is good enough to take a match off of cox or snyder then he is good enough to wrestle taylor...

clearly he knows he has no hope of wrestling taylor or he would...

if bo wrestles at the trials and if he scores one offensive point on either cox or snyder, i will be hugely impressed and will give him all the credit in the world...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LJB said:

if you call touching a leg close to scoring, then, i guess...

it was the only time he even sniffed cox's leg, so, i suppose you have to dig deep for the positives...

i will say this, if he is good enough to take a match off of cox or snyder then he is good enough to wrestle taylor...

clearly he knows he has no hope of wrestling taylor or he would...

if bo wrestles at the trials and if he scores one offensive point on either cox or snyder, i will be hugely impressed and will give him all the credit in the world...

I think you need to watch the match again.  Bo did not just “touch” the leg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

I think you need to watch the match again.  Bo did not just “touch” the leg.

dude... i did just watch because i remember it being even less competitive than it was... i could not remember how bo got the second point... 

that shot was the only time bo touched cox's leg... he got in deep on the otuside single and cox immediately fed hips... from about one second in, bo was on the defensive... it was only a matter of time... 

it was literally his only bright spot in two matches... he got in on a single and got scored on because of it...

again, root for your guy... i get it... but please try and understand what you are watching...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...