hammerlockthree

Pat Downey Calling out Taylor for PEDS again...

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

A) When that is anything more than your uninformed opinion, I'll revisit this.  But you do need a correction because he did earn that right.  Just because you don't like it doesn't make your opinion a fact.  That's free advice, it may help you some day.

2) And even if that's what it is, he earned that privilege.  So again, just because you don't like it, doesn't mean its not his right.  Hate to break it to you but you are not the authority on what someone's rights are, nor are you the authority on decisions you have zero knowledge about.  

Don't worry not trying to change your mind.  We all know how you feel about anything that goes against YOUR way of thinking.  Just pointing out a few things you seem to have little concept of.

you are really not as good at this as you think you are...

i have said repeatedly if bo can half-ass his wrestling "career" and get someone to pay him until his MMA career is able to get going then great... that is him gaming the system and getting paid... and clearly he can do it because he is...

whatever...

but, saying he has "earned" the right to half-ass it and not acknowledge that is exactly what he is doing is cause to get laughed at...

a year ago bo did not score one offensive point and was totally dominated at 92 by a multiple time world champ while weighing in 4.3 "keggers" below the weight limit... had he a better showing (or any showing) with that weight deficit that would be one thing, but, he didn't...

got totally handled... did nothing... could do nothing...

then decides to go up a weight overseas at an international ranking event and did nothing... could do nothing... and then refused to wrestle the rep he would have to beat at trials anyway... coaches decision or not does not matter... if bo really wanted to wrestle he would have... and if he did and a coach specifically forbade him to then that is on that coach and if bo had a grievance about it he should have spoken out about it...

that didn't happen because that is not what happened...

i would not even have an issue with all that if bo had proven himself domestically at 97 "keggers", but, he hasn't even done that...

if the NLWC boosters are ok with paying bo to half-ass it and waste their money, so be it... they are privately funded and can do whatever they want with their money...

if USAW is having to foot any part of his bill while he is not taking this seriously, then that is a definite issue and to argue against that is asinine, which, clearly is not an issue on this forum...

i don't blame bo... he is playing this game very smart making money for what amounts to personal appearances...

Difference between you and me is I’m trying to be good at this...

6 minutes ago, LJB said:

you are really not as good at this as you think you are...

i have said repeatedly if bo can half-ass his wrestling "career" and get someone to pay him until his MMA career is able to get going then great... that is him gaming the system and getting paid... and clearly he can do it because he is...

whatever...

but, saying he has "earned" the right to half-ass it and not acknowledge that is exactly what he is doing is cause to get laughed at...

a year ago bo did not score one offensive point and was totally dominated at 92 by a multiple time world champ while weighing in 4.3 "keggers" below the weight limit... had he a better showing (or any showing) with that weight deficit that would be one thing, but, he didn't...

got totally handled... did nothing... could do nothing...

then decides to go up a weight overseas at an international ranking event and did nothing... could do nothing... and then refused to wrestle the rep he would have to beat at trials anyway... coaches decision or not does not matter... if bo really wanted to wrestle he would have... and if he did and a coach specifically forbade him to then that is on that coach and if bo had a grievance about it he should have spoken out about it...

that didn't happen because that is not what happened...

i would not even have an issue with all that if bo had proven himself domestically at 97 "keggers", but, he hasn't even done that...

if the NLWC boosters are ok with paying bo to half-ass it and waste their money, so be it... they are privately funded and can do whatever they want with their money...

if USAW is having to foot any part of his bill while he is not taking this seriously, then that is a definite issue and to argue against that is asinine, which, clearly is not an issue on this forum...

i don't blame bo... he is playing this game very smart making money for what amounts to personal appearances...

Big difference between you and me is I’m not trying to be good, or some kind of authority, in this.  So I don’t really have much of a thought on how good I may be at it. 

you said in your last post “I don’t feel anyone has the right to....” so, there’s that. 

His “personal appearances” (that was cute, I’ll give you that) amounts to one forfeit and a world gold medal. So, there’s that too. 

I don’t care what he weighed or how many times he got to Cox’ legs. Totally irrelevant to you or anyone acting like they have some place to stand in what decision is right for someone don’t know, and what they do have a right, or not, to do. You don’t, No matter how hard you try. 

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Difference between you and me is I’m trying to be good at this...

Big difference between you and me is I’m not trying to be good, or some kind of authority, in this.  So I don’t really have much of a thought on how good I may be at it. 

you said in your last post “I don’t feel anyone has the right to....” so, there’s that. 

His “personal appearances” (that was cute, I’ll give you that) amounts to one forfeit and a world gold medal. So, there’s that too. 

I don’t care what he weighed or how many times he got to Cox’ legs. Totally irrelevant to you or anyone acting like they have some place to stand in what decision is right for someone don’t know, and what they do have a right, or not, to do. You don’t, No matter how hard you try. 

when they are using funds they i contribute to in the way of membership fees, i absolutely have the right to comment/stand/be annoyed/whatever you want to call it...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

when they are using funds they i contribute to in the way of membership fees, i absolutely have the right to comment/stand/be annoyed/whatever you want to call it...

Nobody said you don't have a right to your opinion, of course you do.  I'm referring your "I think therefore it is" mindset in general.  You've expressed your opinion on this, again and again and again, and now spending pages whining about it some more in a thread it has nothing to do with, because someone mentioned a match between Downey and Bo.  We get it, he's wasting your money, as well as NWLC's, by winning a gold medal but forfeiting a match at tournament later. I don't think continuing to spread your wisdom is going to help him become any more fiscally responsible.  Nor does it seem to give you a better grasp on what someone has the right, or not, to do.

But its been a fun chat in the down time.  Keep fighting the good fight!!

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Nobody said you don't have a right to your opinion, of course you do.  I'm referring your "I think therefore it is" mindset in general.  You've expressed your opinion on this, again and again and again, and now spending pages whining about it some more in a thread it has nothing to do with, because someone mentioned a match between Downey and Bo.  We get it, he's wasting your money, as well as NWLC's, by winning a gold medal but forfeiting a match at tournament later. I don't think continuing to spread your wisdom is going to help him become any more fiscally responsible.  Nor does it seem to give you a better grasp on what someone has the right, or not, to do.

this whole bo thing really got started when backwards hat guy said-

"if he continues to prove he is at worst our #3 at 97 keggers, then he can do what he wants how he wants"

when in fact, bo hasn't proven anything at 97 "keggers"... that was i took exception with... if he had proven it, i would not have even said anything...

the rest was the typical woulda coulda shoulda about what bo would have done at 86 "keggers" when he didn't even show up...

of course it devolves from there because that is what happens  on forums...

nothing bo does impacts anyone elses' life on this forum but it damn sure impacts the lives of individual wrestlers that we all watch and appreciate...

again, whatever...

it is typical fan boi stuff... and it amuses to no end...

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

You never say anything in your posts. You just paraphrase the other person in a dishonest pejorative way, say something smug and pretend you made an argument.

4 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

You never say anything in your posts. You just paraphrase the other person in a dishonest pejorative way, say something smug and pretend you made an argument.

Thank you for the constructive criticism.  I will take it into consideration.

3 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

lurker is alright...

hell, i am exponentially more obnoxious than him and i don't hold a candle to some of these backwards hat guys who only see the color of a singlet and nothing more...

3 minutes ago, LJB said:

lurker is alright...

hell, i am exponentially more obnoxious than him and i don't hold a candle to some of these backwards hat guys who only see the color of a singlet and nothing more...

Feeling is mutual,  truth is on most things I actually agree with LJB, I just like bustin chops on the ego a bit.  

Edited by Lurker

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Feeling is mutual,  truth is on most things I actually agree with LBJ, I just like bustin chops on the ego a bit.  

****... if you wanted to bruise my ego you would have had to gotten to me long before now... there is precious little left of it anymore...

truth be told, it is probably why i enjoy this forum... seeing the vast majority of these posts makes me realize i am still doing ok...

so, all you backwards hat guys, thank you...

14 hours ago, Lurker said:

Feeling is mutual,  truth is on most things I actually agree with LJB, I just like bustin chops on the ego a bit.  

This is me, too @LJB, fwiw.

Even the back and forth, I enjoy.  Appreciate you both as contributors.

All this backwards hat discussion reminds me of what the great Joey Mulinaro once said.

"A backwards hat kinda guy becomes a back seat of the car kinda guy, and a back seat of the car kinda guy becomes trouble."

16 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

All this backwards hat discussion reminds me of what the great Joey Mulinaro once said.

"A backwards hat kinda guy becomes a back seat of the car kinda guy, and a back seat of the car kinda guy becomes trouble."

we park our cars in the same garage...

1 hour ago, Blue Dragons said:

Taylor going down.

According to most maps Japan is located either East or west in relation to the United States.  No need for Taylor to go towards the south to get there, unless his unicorn just happens to be stables in that hemisphere over the summer.     

On a side note I do think Humphrey has found a way to keep Downey in the mindset needed to be successful, so hopefully for him that relationship keeps going.  

Edited by MadMardigain

20 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

Taylor going down.

Bet me.

Even if the match was folkstyle, DT would have him techfalled before the 2nd period.

DT has a better chance of pulling a B&A on BDJr than BDJr does of beating DT.

On 6/22/2020 at 6:22 PM, nhs67 said:

Bet me.

Even if the match was folkstyle, DT would have him techfalled before the 2nd period.

DT has a better chance of pulling a B&A on BDJr than BDJr does of beating DT.

I guess you didn't watch the 2nd match between them, THREE years ago, when Downey (UNATTACHED Assassin) didn't even have a room to train...4-0 at the end of the 1st period.  Wishful thinking, pal. 

Edited by Blue Dragons

30 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

I guess you didn't watch the 2nd match between them, THREE years ago, when Downey (UNATTACHED Assassin) didn't even have a room to train...4-0 at the end of the 1st period.  Wishful thinking, pal. 

Bro. C'mon.

Guy needs lung implants. Still can't breath after that whoopin Rau put on him.

2 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

Why are you back here talking ish?  Your son just got smashed by Joe Rau.