Sign in to follow this  
nyum

Ufc 249

43 minutes ago, Tommy Payan said:

Henry Cejudo winner by TKO over Dominic Cruz..........and then announces his retirement.

We'll see.........Dana White needs to pay him what he asks for.

Great contract negotiation!!

53 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Oh No! A teacher at school known for its top vaccine work and that gets all its funding from the cdc is mad at Dana white, whatever will he do....this guy also thinks we need to be testing and tracking everyone in America and we can’t have sports until there’s a vaccine 

1 minute ago, TripNSweep said:

Gaethje grinded that one out.  Really entertaining fight but holy crap is Ferguson durable.  

grinded?

what fight did you watch?

that was barely measured violence from the opening bell... basically assault... 

guaranteed that beat down took years off of tony's life...

3 minutes ago, LJB said:

grinded?

what fight did you watch?

that was barely measured violence from the opening bell... basically assault... 

guaranteed that beat down took years off of tony's life...

That's how you have to fight Ferguson. It took 4 1/2 rounds but he eventually grinded him down to the point where he got hurt badly enough to have the fight stop.  They both hit each other extremely hard.  

That's how you have to fight Ferguson. It took 4 1/2 rounds but he eventually grinded him down to the point where he got hurt badly enough to have the fight stop.  They both hit each other extremely hard.  

i don't think you understand what grinding means...

but, whatever...

tony's corner should not have let him come out for the 5th... it was hard to watch...

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

i don't think you understand what grinding means...

but, whatever...

tony's corner should not have let him come out for the 5th... it was hard to watch...

I've had a couple pro MMA fights, so I have a pretty good understanding of what grinding means when it comes to this sport.  

I've had a couple pro MMA fights, so I have a pretty good understanding of what grinding means when it comes to this sport.  

ugh...

whatever... 

you can put your d*** away now... 

3 minutes ago, LJB said:

ugh...

whatever... 

you can put your d*** away now... 

Just saying, I have a pretty good idea having been in there. Not at that level obviously, but having had a couple fights with guys looking to take your head off gives you an appreciation for what goes on in there.  In between rounds Gaethje's corner had to tell him to slow the pace and take something off what he was throwing and he dialed it down and measured more.  He was running out of gas after the 2nd round, because throwing the way he did in the first 2 rounds he couldn't have sustained that.  He wouldn't have won without that adjustment, and instead of trying to blow out Ferguson he took a more steady approach for the next 2 1/2 rounds. 

3 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Just saying, I have a pretty good idea having been in there. Not at that level obviously, but having had a couple fights with guys looking to take your head off gives you an appreciation for what goes on in there.  In between rounds Gaethje's corner had to tell him to slow the pace and take something off what he was throwing and he dialed it down and measured more.  He was running out of gas after the 2nd round, because throwing the way he did in the first 2 rounds he couldn't have sustained that.  He wouldn't have won without that adjustment, and instead of trying to blow out Ferguson he took a more steady approach for the next 2 1/2 rounds. 

i could argue a few points, but, no reason to...

the only thing that i will say is that there will not be one fighter, coach, journalist, or any other "fan" that will describe that fight as a gaethje "grinding" that win out...

not a single one...

The bottom line is that the UFC was reckless to have three people positive for the virus travel to the event. That put many lives at risk (not the fighters, the random people they encountered). With that said, they won’t be in hot water for these actions.

Also, I was impressed by Tony Ferguson’s ability to grind down Justin Gaethje’s fists using only his face. Those hands were really beat up by the end of that fight. Impressive. 

Possibly the best combat sports career ever comes to a close, A big fight that was supposed to happen for a fifth time now looks like it truly will never happen, potential of a breakout with what transpired in the days leading up to the card...........and somehow the use or misuse of the term grinding is a big deal??

If Cejudo is done, is he right?  Best combat sports athlete ever?  Its a hell of a resume.  At the very end Anik made comments that kind of sounded like Cejudo may be thinking about a run at the Olympics.  The timing of everything presents the opportunity.  Totally speculating but that sure would be interesting.

35 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Possibly the best combat sports career ever comes to a close, A big fight that was supposed to happen for a fifth time now looks like it truly will never happen, potential of a breakout with what transpired in the days leading up to the card...........and somehow the use or misuse of the term grinding is a big deal??

If Cejudo is done, is he right?  Best combat sports athlete ever?  Its a hell of a resume.  At the very end Anik made comments that kind of sounded like Cejudo may be thinking about a run at the Olympics.  The timing of everything presents the opportunity.  Totally speculating but that sure would be interesting.

Breakout?

47 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Talking about Souza and his team and their interactions there. 

Ohhhh "outbreak.' I thought you were possibly talking about an unheralded fighter finally having a breakout win.  

With the number of infected people out and about already, Jacare and team are just a drop in the bucket.

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

to be fair, after watching gaethje totally outclass ferguson and take years off his life, the term "grinding" was a little offending...

whatever...

and to all the covid complainers, move on... that ship has sailed... no one is listening to chicken little anymore...

we did... 

we went away and hid...

the reports of the end of mankind were greatly exaggerated...

congrats to the UFC for giving us a live sporting event to enjoy...

17 minutes ago, LJB said:

to be fair, after watching gaethje totally outclass ferguson and take years off his life, the term "grinding" was a little offending...

whatever...

and to all the covid complainers, move on... that ship has sailed... no one is listening to chicken little anymore...

we did... 

we went away and hid...

the reports of the end of mankind were greatly exaggerated...

congrats to the UFC for giving us a live sporting event to enjoy...

The UFC made money on the event. Of course, the UFC only did so after shielding itself from COVID-related liability.

How lovely of them to privatize profits and socialize COVID-related costs. So admirable. 

2 minutes ago, Katie said:

The UFC made money on the event. Of course, the UFC only did so after shielding itself from COVID-related liability.

How lovely of them to privatize profits and socialize COVID-related costs. So admirable. 

cry me a river...

signing releases has been a part of this litigious society for much longer than just last week...

and those waivers designed to shield a business are routinely ignored and lawsuits filed and fought after the fact...

the UFC only makes money if people watch...

my suspicion is they made a metric fuk ton last night even without the gate... and for good reason...

the whiner's table is down the hall, 3rd door on the left...