Sign in to follow this  
nyum

Ufc 249

37 minutes ago, LJB said:

to be fair, after watching gaethje totally outclass ferguson and take years off his life, the term "grinding" was a little offending...

whatever...

and to all the covid complainers, move on... that ship has sailed... no one is listening to chicken little anymore...

we did... 

we went away and hid...

the reports of the end of mankind were greatly exaggerated...

congrats to the UFC for giving us a live sporting event to enjoy...

Your disregard for logic is really grinding me down.  The reason that casualties did not match estimates is because shelter-in-place procedures were taken. Without them, somewhere between 0.5 and 1% of the population will die from covid-19. 

I’m not saying it was irresponsible to hold the UFC event during shelter-in-place, but the procedures that Dana white put in place to ensure fighters did not travel while infected were inadequate. They should have been tested prior to leaving for the event, and anyone who could not be tested should have been scratched. 

13 minutes ago, LJB said:

cry me a river...

signing releases has been a part of this litigious society for much longer than just last week...

and those waivers designed to shield a business are routinely ignored and lawsuits filed and fought after the fact...

the UFC only makes money if people watch...

my suspicion is they made a metric fuk ton last night even without the gate... and for good reason...

the whiner's table is down the hall, 3rd door on the left...

If you love covering a private business’s costs, I suppose that’s your choice. Seems weird to me though. 

4 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Your disregard for logic is really grinding me down.  The reason that casualties did not match estimates is because shelter-in-place procedures were taken. Without them, somewhere between 0.5 and 1% of the population will die from covid-19. 

I’m not saying it was irresponsible to hold the UFC event during shelter-in-place, but the procedures that Dana white put in place to ensure fighters did not travel while infected were inadequate. They should have been tested prior to leaving for the event, and anyone who could not be tested should have been scratched. 

see that is a much more adequate use of the term "grinding"...

as far as logic, you have been chicken little since day one of this covid mess... it has proven to be far less dangerous than you wanted it to be... we will never know the real numbers because of several factors not the least of being typical scummy false reporting for personal gain...

but, as always...

whatever...

sorry you were disappointed by the actual end results...

Just now, LJB said:

as far as logic, you have been chicken little since day one of this covid mess... it has proven to be far less dangerous than you wanted it to be... we will never know the real numbers because of several factors not the least of being typical scummy false reporting for personal gain...

but, as always...

whatever...

Please point to a single post on this forum where I inaccurately predicted the effects  of Covid-19. 

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

but, as always...

whatever...

Personally, I’m glad that the top virologists and public health experts in the world have had far more sway so far than the conspiracy theories you saw online. 

Just now, Billyhoyle said:

Please point to a single post on this forum where I inaccurately predicted the effects  of Covid-19. 

i am not going to bother...

it won't matter...

again, sorry you were disappointed the apocalypse didn't happen...

3 minutes ago, LJB said:

i paid for my own entertainment... 

your spin on that is truly ridiculous...

I guess the concept of liability is beyond you. I’ll leave you to your conspiracy theories now. Happy Mother’s Day.

1 minute ago, Katie said:

Personally, I’m glad that the top virologists and public health experts in the world have had far more sway so far than the conspiracy theories you saw online. 

hey, we shut down the country and the planet to see... i am not saying that is a bad thing... it was the smart play...

we now know the real dangers and we can mitigate them with perfectly acceptable results... 

2 minutes ago, Katie said:

I guess the concept of liability is beyond you. I’ll leave you to your conspiracy theories now. Happy Mother’s Day.

my concept of personal responsibility is spot on...

no conspiracy theory there... 

1 minute ago, LJB said:

i am not going to bother...

it won't matter...

again, sorry you were disappointed the apocalypse didn't happen...

I never predicted the apocalypse. I have been consistent in my predictions this entire time. If left unchecked, somewhere between 60 and 80 percent of the population will become infected due to this being a novel virus (with this growth being rapid/exponential due to lack of immunity). You then multiply that by the CFR and get approximately 1 to 2 million deaths in the US. It’s basic arithmetic. 

20 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

The original models with 1-2 million dying in the us and everyone getting sick had shelter in place and social distancing factored in 

7 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

The original models with 1-2 million dying in the us and everyone getting sick had shelter in place and social distancing factored in 

What does that have to do with anything I’ve posted? The key is keeping the spread (“R”) as close to or below 1 new case per infection as possible. That involves social distancing, PPE, and testing/contact tracing. Because R0 is estimated to be approximately 3, this is not an easy task and obviously requires large gatherings to be canceled until a vaccine is in place. It’s good that parts of the country are opening to some extent now, but it must be with proper measures in place. Dana White clearly did a poor job in ensuring his employees were uninflected prior to having them travel. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

9 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

I never predicted the apocalypse. I have been consistent in my predictions this entire time. If left unchecked, somewhere between 60 and 80 percent of the population will become infected due to this being a novel virus (with this growth being rapid/exponential due to lack of immunity). You then multiply that by the CFR and get approximately 1 to 2 million deaths in the US. It’s basic arithmetic. 

lies, damned lies, and statistics...

again, sorry you were disappointed...

Just now, LJB said:

Why resort to personal attacks and accuse me of being disappointed that millions of people haven’t died? You don’t know me and I don’t claim to know you, so why attack me personality? 

1 minute ago, Billyhoyle said:

Why resort to personal attacks and accuse me of being disappointed that millions of people haven’t died? You don’t know me and I don’t claim to know you, so why attack me personality? 

attack you personally?

grow up...

i haven't "attacked" you in the least bit, but, you thinking you have been wronged fits perfectly inline with your overall agenda since day 1 on this topic...

again, sorry you have been disappointed that this pandemic has turned out to be far less dangerous...

If only a country took a responsibille approach and treated its people like the freedoms they thought they had - I wonder how they would do?  Oh wait Sweden did that and the country is doing fine without destroying its economy.  

3 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

3 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

^

Probably this since no one knows what the real fatality rate is.

1 hour ago, nyum said:

Very surprised to see individuals within wrestling community, willingly and happily give up personal freedoms. 

maybe some of you were a little too “Coachable.”

In case you don't know much about constitutional law, here is a basic concept for you to consider: police power.

18 hours ago, dmm53 said:

Ii think that article is junk.  Souza was at fault for being around covid 19. He notified ufc and the took proper prodocal with them. It seems like Werdum was idiot and broke rules. Not ufc fault.

5 hours ago, LJB said:

Ljb I feel you.  At the time it was smart play to shut down country. But it needs to reopen.  In my state we have a growing number of farmer suicide because prices of stuff is so low based on manufacturing plants being closed.

24 minutes ago, nyum said:

provided these measures do not infringe upon any of the rights protected by the United States Constitution

First ammendment to constitution includes right to peaceably assemble. 

I'm sure you're aware that Wikipedia is not authoritative, and that you only quoted half the sentence from Wikipedia at any rate. Hopefully you'll look further into the police power if you're genuinely interested.

I'm also sure you're aware that even under normal conditions there is no absolute right to assemble. For instance, I cannot lawfully assemble a group of 50 people on your front yard for a Cinco de Mayo party without your permission.

Edited by Katie