Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nyum

Ufc 249

Recommended Posts

Just now, Katie said:

I'm sure you're aware that Wikipedia is not authoritative, and that you only quoted half the sentence from Wikipedia at any rate.

Hopefully you'll look further into the police power if you're genuinely interested. I'm also sure you're aware that even under normal conditions there is no absolute right to assemble. For instance, I cannot lawfully assemble a group of 50 people on your front yard for a Cinco de Mayo party without your permission.

Of course not, because:  Your taxes don’t pay for my front lawn. Not trying to get into a pissing match. I work in healthcare, I know several individuals who have contracted the virus and been absolutely fine. Others that have had mild flu like symptoms. I understand herd immunity and the fastest way to achieve it. State regulations were imo unnecessary, quarantine the immunocompromised and vulnerable people if they so choose. The economic fall out will affect more families and communities than the virus could have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn -- 2 full pages had me excited to click and read about the absolutely fantastic card and fights last night, then I had to read through this.

It was a wonderful event that brought joy, distraction and fun to millions that needed it last night.  Kudos to UFC, Dana White and everyone else.  If there are people out there that don't see all the great benefits that this brough and can only focus on a positive test of Jacare and how that was handled, well thanks for the preview of all of the pain the A$$ stuff we have to read through the next 12-24 months.

Yeah, COVID is serious, everyone please try to remember and treat it that way.  Bitching up a forum about Jacare when the event was FANtastic shows you really are looking for something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, nyum said:

Of course not, because:  Your taxes don’t pay for my front lawn. Not trying to get into a pissing match. I work in healthcare, I know several individuals who have contracted the virus and been absolutely fine. Others that have had mild flu like symptoms. I understand herd immunity and the fastest way to achieve it. State regulations were imo unnecessary, quarantine the immunocompromised and vulnerable people if they so choose. The economic fall out will affect more families and communities than the virus could have. 

Hardly surprising you have no expertise in constitutional law. 

Edited by Katie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Katie said:

Hardly surprising you have no expertise in constitutional law. 

And you have no expertise in healthcare? Doesn’t keep you from having an opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Katie said:

My opinion is that we should listen to experts. Not sure why that bothers you. 

Please quote where I stated that your opinion bothers me. 
 

If you want to listen to “experts” then by all means go ahead. But some people haven’t forgotten that experts can have agendas too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Class said:

Damn -- 2 full pages had me excited to click and read about the absolutely fantastic card and fights last night, then I had to read through this.

It was a wonderful event that brought joy, distraction and fun to millions that needed it last night.  Kudos to UFC, Dana White and everyone else.  If there are people out there that don't see all the great benefits that this brough and can only focus on a positive test of Jacare and how that was handled, well thanks for the preview of all of the pain the A$$ stuff we have to read through the next 12-24 months.

Yeah, COVID is serious, everyone please try to remember and treat it that way.  Bitching up a forum about Jacare when the event was FANtastic shows you really are looking for something.

Wish Dana would organize championship wrestling tournament.  He is one that could pull it off. 

Justin G is my favorite fighter.  Whether he wins or loses he is exciting.  Now that he is more tactical he is very dangerous 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nyum said:

Please quote where I stated that your opinion bothers me. 
 

If you want to listen to “experts” then by all means go ahead. But some people haven’t forgotten that experts can have agendas too. 

Agreed - like all the self-described "experts" in the White House. A bunch of low end tools with their own self promoting agendas. They want to fire Fauci and every other legitimate voice that is involved and eventually will, once they figure out how to do it in a way that their loyal followers won't see through as being as seriously detrimental as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Agreed - like all the self-described "experts" in the White House. A bunch of low end tools with their own self promoting agendas. They want to fire Fauci and every other legitimate voice that is involved and eventually will, once they figure out how to do it in a way that their loyal followers won't see through as being as seriously detrimental as it is.

100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

But yeah, there were some good fights on this card.

Did you think the Cejudo-Cruz stoppage came early?  Personally, I thought it was warranted but could have gone either way. As a fan I would have liked to see it go another round. The gaethje-Ferguson fight on the other hand was getting hard to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nyum said:

Did you think the Cejudo-Cruz stoppage came early?  Personally, I thought it was warranted but could have gone either way. As a fan I would have liked to see it go another round. The gaethje-Ferguson fight on the other hand was getting hard to watch. 

I don't think it was stopped early.  Cruz may have an argument in that he was still okay, and I know he is claiming he was on the way up when the ref stepped in.  But at the time the ref made his move to step in Cruz had been turtled and taking shots to the tune of about 15 in a row.  His starting to step up happened right when the ref was already making his move in.  It was the right call in my opinion, regardless of the optics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I don't think it was stopped early.  Cruz may have an argument in that he was still okay, and I know he is claiming he was on the way up when the ref stepped in.  But at the time the ref made his move to step in Cruz had been turtled and taking shots to the tune of about 15 in a row.  His starting to step up happened right when the ref was already making his move in.  It was the right call in my opinion, regardless of the optics.

This is my thinking. Additionally, just because you are standing back up does not mean you are sufficiently defending yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2020 at 1:21 PM, Tommy Payan said:

I was just happy to get some live sports. My ESPN+ subscription was pretty useless up until Saturday evening. 

They have a Fight Night Scheduled for you tonight.  Not the same level of fights but it something sports related to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

They have a Fight Night Scheduled for you tonight.  Not the same level of fights but it something sports related to watch. 

MM, seen that, starts at 3:00 PT. Plan on tuning in. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LJB said:

another event after they were in so much hot water?????????

What hot water?   Did I miss something.  Sure it’s not ideal, but not different than what is happening with other  sports/entertainment groups.  
 

Florida OKed them to have closed door activities similar to what two different pro wrestling organizations have had for months now.  NBA and other organizations are now starting to open up practice facilities in a similar way. 

They are testing athletes and crew as they arrive.  One fight was cancelled and The athlete who tested positive on arrival sent home. 

 

They are spacing out fighters and crew in desperate areas of the building to avoid some issue.  And eveyone but the fighters were to wear masks and gloves (for what little bit that may help). Heck the announce team was positioned like a triangle around the octagon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

What hot water?   Did I miss something.  Sure it’s not ideal, but not different than what is happening with other  sports/entertainment groups.  
 

Florida OKed them to have closed door activities similar to what two different pro wrestling organizations have had for months now.  NBA and other organizations are now starting to open up practice facilities in a similar way. 

They are testing athletes and crew as they arrive.  One fight was cancelled and The athlete who tested positive on arrival sent home. 

 

They are spacing out fighters and crew in desperate areas of the building to avoid some issue.  And eveyone but the fighters were to wear masks and gloves (for what little bit that may help). Heck the announce team was positioned like a triangle around the octagon. 

it was a call back to the chicken little post on the first page of this thread...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, LJB said:

so as an FYI... UFC put on another event last night at the same arena as saturday...

no covid positive tests anywhere...

they will have another event there this weekend as well...

sorry chicken littles...

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-wishes-he-could-replace-fauci-with-the-doctor-who-saved-him-from-vietnam?fbclid=IwAR04NR7wFJhx1NOXC6t2I9ZOs_Q9oAzTGp0yE_-VzQubcbQw8M4buTCPhyQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LJB said:

so as an FYI... UFC put on another event last night at the same arena as saturday...

no covid positive tests anywhere...

they will have another event there this weekend as well...

sorry chicken littles...

No "hot water?"

No further "breakouts?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...