Sign in to follow this  
irani

documentary about Satiev

Iranian sports TV did a very short documentary on Satiev.  The video is too large unfortunately to post here, but below is a picture of Satiev looks like now.

He claims that his secret to success was his nutrition, and he lists honey and Caviar as two componenets of his diet.

satiev.jpg

Edited by irani

17 hours ago, irani said:

Iranian sports TV did a very short documentary on Satiev.  The video is too large unfortunately to post here, but below is a picture of Satiev looks like now.

He claims that his secret to success was success, and he lists honey and Caviar as two componenets of his diet.

satiev.jpg

Is the link too large to post here?  :)

3 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Is the link too large to post here?  :)

The link is in persian, and not very intuitive.  Let me try to figure out a way to do.

I must say, I am disappointed in you.  I was expecting another one of you stories, this time about Satiev :)

31 minutes ago, irani said:

The link is in persian, and not very intuitive.  Let me try to figure out a way to do.

I must say, I am disappointed in you.  I was expecting another one of you stories, this time about Satiev :)

I need genuine context before I can add my anecdotes. One of my coaches was friends with Dmitri Mindiashvili.  Tehran is not very far from Makhachkala, so we used to have sort of mini-camps together.  Once we took a cruise from Tehran to Baku and met a few of the Russians there for a camp.  Greta fun.   It is through those camps that I met Bouvaisar when he was a lad.

1 minute ago, Plasmodium said:

I need genuine context before I can add my anecdotes. One of my coaches was friends with Dmitri Mindiashvili.  Tehran is not very far from Makhachkala, so we used to have sort of mini-camps together.  Once we took a cruise from Tehran to Baku and met a few of the Russians there for a camp.  Greta fun.   It is through those camps that I met Bouvaisar when he was a lad.

Did you like them enough thatyou shared some of your Marine candy with them?

2 minutes ago, irani said:

Of course!  Bouvaisar in particular has a sweet tooth.  We all took our own candy of course, but Marine also supplied a ration for each team member and Dabir always gave his allotment to Bouvaisar.  

On 5/11/2020 at 11:20 AM, irani said:

Just keep the charms out of the vehicles, tracs and LAVs

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

That might be lost on a few people.

That said, light is right.

Travel light, freeze at night!

As for Satiev, I'd love to see the doc.  It's a very short list finding a freestyler that was better (in any era).

He made it looks too easy.

4 hours ago, PSUSMC said:

As for Satiev, I'd love to see the doc.  It's a very short list finding a freestyler that was better (in any era).

He made it looks too easy.

OK, so here is my attempt to share the video, let's see if the technology works https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjZ2oz4ab5AxgeVPnMgHeO7K0IWANA?e=dEHQCq

The narrator starts by saing "A wrestler like Satiev comes around once eveyr century"

I don't need no documentary to tell me Saitiev was great.  The guy was a magician.  His brother was not half bad either, won gold at weights much greater than his own.  Saitiev, Yep, he was an artiste of Freestyle wrestling.  The way he dismantled Monday in the 96 Olympics was incredible.  Monday was no slouch!

mspart

32 minutes ago, mspart said:

I don't need no documentary to tell me Saitiev was great.  The guy was a magician.  His brother was not half bad either, won gold at weights much greater than his own.  Saitiev, Yep, he was an artiste of Freestyle wrestling.  The way he dismantled Monday in the 96 Olympics was incredible.  Monday was no slouch!

mspart

What about Monday from 2 Olympics before vs. Satiev?

33 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

What about Monday from 2 Olympics before vs. Satiev?

That is an interesting one.  In 96, Saitiev was 21 and Monday 35.  I think Saitiev wins. 

I feel JB had a good style to beat Saitiev.  Focus on quick finishes.  Maybe force Saitiev into solid fundamentals and see if he is capable of wrestling there. 

Well, two Olympics before, Monday would have been 27, and Saitiev would have been 13.  I say Monday wins.  Ha ha!!

The best Monday vs the best Saitiev?  The fact that Saitiev was GOAT, I say Saitiev.  In 2000, Slay kept Saitiev at bay somehow, and then got a surprise takedown in OT and won.  Slay did well to counter Saitiev and deserved the win, but I don't think Saitiev took him seriously.  His interviews later show that.  But he came back and won the next two Olys and most WC's.  I'm not sure about JB vs Saitiev.  I don't think so but here we have another dominant character.  But JB has never been proclaimed as the best freestyler ever.  Saitiev is in a class by himself really.  Incredible feel for body positioning.  I think JB benefits from being so much younger and never having to compete against him.  Honest opinion.

mspart

JB is my favorite wrestling ever, but Saitiev is the greatest freestyle wrestler ever. And the way he won was awesome-not pure strength/power like Sadulaev, but a combination of explosiveness, length, technique. He could attack every level with success against the best in the world, and his leg lace was brutal (see the 04 finals). 

On 5/18/2020 at 10:43 AM, Billyhoyle said:

JB is my favorite wrestling ever, but Saitiev is the greatest freestyle wrestler ever. And the way he won was awesome-not pure strength/power like Sadulaev, but a combination of explosiveness, length, technique. He could attack every level with success against the best in the world, and his leg lace was brutal (see the 04 finals). 

He didn’t score with any leg laces in the 04 finals I don’t believe, did he? His points from top were from lifts to guts. But either way, he was an incredible technician. Maybe the best ever.

42 minutes ago, ExBSUfan said:

He didn’t score with any leg laces in the 04 finals I don’t believe, did he? His points from top were from lifts to guts. But either way, he was an incredible technician. Maybe the best ever.

You are correct. For some reason I remember thinking he did. When I watched the match back in the day I guess I didn’t realize time was out.