hammerlockthree

Star Wars Episode 1-3 are better then 7-9

Acting is worse in 7-9 by a lot: Oscar Isaac is a great actor and is horrible in all three because the movies are so poorly written. Fin adds nothing ever. Rose is worse than Fin. Adam driver is also a good actor but this is an insanely bad miscast regardless. Carrie Fischer......maybe there is a reason she hasn't acted in 30 years.

Edited by hammerlockthree

NERD TIME!!!

First and foremost, Rogue One is the best of anything made after 4, 5, 6.   Not sure if anyone cares, but I'm a huge star wars fan so now I am gunna get going.  In Rogue One we meet the character Chirrut Imwe (played by Donnie Yen)  While he is not a jedi, he wields a staff and has a fondness of the jedi religion.  Watching Yen and his staff is how I envision all jedi would fight....its just that Hammil, Ewen McGregor, Liam neeson and the rest of the actors who played Jedi's   were not good enough with their swords to convey how masterful Jedi's really were supposed to be.  Could you imagine a lightsaber dual between Luke and Vader if they both could do this?   Check it 

No ****.
I wonder if George Lucas ****s on his dinner table? Because the last 6 movies show he definitely ****s where he eats....
He didn't really have anything to do with the last three.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

That's even less acceptable: somebody ELSE **** where Lucas eats....

I don’t think he cares anymore. He’s spent the last 10 yrs or so still counting his billions of dollars from Disney. lol 

Acting is worse in 7-9 by a lot: Oscar Isaac is a great actor and is horrible in all three because the movies are so poorly written. Fin adds nothing ever. Rose is worse than Fin. Adam driver is also a good actor but this is an insanely bad miscast regardless. Carrie Fischer......maybe there is a reason she hasn't acted in 30 years.
In the prequel Trilogy, there's one great acting performance (McGregor), one okay performance (Neeson), and some truly terrible performances by both Anakin's and Padme, even though I love Portman. The dialogue is awful and the story is poor.

The sequel trilogy was mostly mediocre acting outside of Ridley and (to me) Driver, who were both good to me. The stories are overall much better, though, along with the dialogue.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Rogue One was the best of them all!

Episode 2 was probably my favorite simply due to finally getting to see Yoda in battle.  When he turned on the lightsaber and started flipping around, I damn near pissed myself!

2 hours ago, JBluegill133 said:

First and foremost, Rogue One is the best and anyone who disagrees is a nincompoop doo-doo head that thinks Jar Jar Binks was a dark Sith lord

Couldn't have said it better myself!

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

Rogue One was the best of them all!

Episode 2 was probably my favorite simply due to finally getting to see Yoda in battle.  When he turned on the lightsaber and started flipping around, I damn near pissed myself!

My wife and I still remember when Yoda pulled his lightsaber and started fighting.  We were in a midnight show and the whole theater went ballistic.  One of my best live movie theater moments.  

But outside of that scene that's the worst of all star wars movies.  Solo is a cut above it.  The hour of Anakin 'romancing' Padme wouldn't stand up in a Sharknado movie.  The plots of the Lucas prequels are good and the lightsaber scenes are out of this world.  The dialogue is wooden and the acting is mostly bad.  Plus the first movie is ruined by efforts to make it appeal to 8 year olds.  The recent trilogy could have been good if either director made all 3 movies.  Instead they are terribly mismatched and spend half their time taking apart the movies the follow.

After 4/5/6 I say...3, 7, 9, 1, 8, 2.  Rogue 1 is very good and the Mandalorian is probably better than anything since the orignial 3.   

Just watched episode 9 the other night.  My wife and I liked it.  Perhaps our expectations after 1-3 and 7-8 were so low, we didn't expect much.   But the absolute worst is #2.  No way there is a question on this.  Just horrible acting.  HORRIBLE!!   1 and 3 were not much better really, but the story and acting in #2 was the absolute worst.  Amazing the franchise survived to make the final three movies.  

In retrospect, the original three were not that great from an acting or directing standpoint.   The story and the graphics are what carried it.   And there was never any wrestling in any of the movies.  

mspart

3 hours ago, tec87 said:

I don’t think he cares anymore. He’s spent the last 10 yrs or so still counting his billions of dollars from Disney. lol 

Lucas isn't going to live long enough to count all his money, lol. Tough problem to have, huh?

1 hour ago, boconnell said:

My wife and I still remember when Yoda pulled his lightsaber and started fighting.  We were in a midnight show and the whole theater went ballistic.  One of my best live movie theater moments.  

But outside of that scene that's the worst of all star wars movies.  Solo is a cut above it.  The hour of Anakin 'romancing' Padme wouldn't stand up in a Sharknado movie.  The plots of the Lucas prequels are good and the lightsaber scenes are out of this world.  The dialogue is wooden and the acting is mostly bad.  Plus the first movie is ruined by efforts to make it appeal to 8 year olds.  The recent trilogy could have been good if either director made all 3 movies.  Instead they are terribly mismatched and spend half their time taking apart the movies the follow.

After 4/5/6 I say...3, 7, 9, 1, 8, 2.  Rogue 1 is very good and the Mandalorian is probably better than anything since the orignial 3.   

To be honest, I thought the acting in nearly ALL the 9 episodes is pretty rough.  Mark Hamill has NEVER been a good actor and neither was Carrie Fischer.  Harrison Ford was about the only saving grace in the Original 3.  I chalk that up to casting seeming to go for less than marquee names for the leads, at least in the US.   Anakin was POORLY cast, young and older.  Obviously not a fan of Hamill(Luke) and I had no clue who the 2(Adam Driver and Daisy Ridley) even were when Episode 7 was announced.  

Simply put, the original 3 benefited from being so unique, at the time, and the story was so gripping that many overlooked the actors themselves.

1 hour ago, JBluegill133 said:

I’ve been hoping for a Darth Maul origin story. He was such a bad a** character and we didn’t get nearly enough time to watch him rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are board and want to take a deep dive he’s in one of the the Star Wars cartoons.  I can’t speak to the length of Episodes or quality of performance, but I’ve been told he plays a major part for some of it. 

Edited by MadMardigain

6 hours ago, MSU158 said:

To be honest, I thought the acting in nearly ALL the 9 episodes is pretty rough.  Mark Hamill has NEVER been a good actor and neither was Carrie Fischer.  Harrison Ford was about the only saving grace in the Original 3.  I chalk that up to casting seeming to go for less than marquee names for the leads, at least in the US.   Anakin was POORLY cast, young and older.  Obviously not a fan of Hamill(Luke) and I had no clue who the 2(Adam Driver and Daisy Ridley) even were when Episode 7 was announced.  

Simply put, the original 3 benefited from being so unique, at the time, and the story was so gripping that many overlooked the actors themselves.

The acting isn't great in the first ones, but they aren't written to put a heavy burden on the actors.  Episode 2 asks Anakin to carry long dramatic romance scenes with brutal dialogue and zero chemistry.  The first 3 movies are short on romance and actual acting, but when they call for it they lean on Ford and he swaggers his way through.  Episodes 1 and 3 aren't better acted than episode 2, but they don't put a bad actor in a spot where he has to carry dramatic scenes.  In episode 3 he mostly just glares and lets the story carry him along.