hammerlockthree

Star Wars Episode 1-3 are better then 7-9

3 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

thats totally wrong because if you watched 7 and 9 consecutively it is almost perfectly continuous. 

None of the events of 8 affect 9. 

Its totally right because if you watch 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and 9 consecutively you would realize that 9 basically had to undo all the damage that 8 did. Yes 9 fits with 7, but thats because its supposed to. 1 fits with 2 which fits with 3 which fits with 4 which fits with 5 which fits with 6 which fits with 7. 8 doesnt fit with anything because it tries to undo everything that happens in 1-6.

9 was ruined because of the messed up path that 8 put the series on.

Clearly you dont know that Palpatine coming back was a last minute change because of how screwed up 8 left things.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

On 5/16/2020 at 8:34 AM, JBluegill133 said:

All galaxy freestyle team 

57kg - Yoda

61kg - Darth Maul

65kg - Luke skywalker

70kg - Darth Sidious

74 - Obi Wan (ep. 1-3 version)

79 - Boba Fett

86 - Mace Windu

92 - Darth Vader 

97 - Chewie

125 - Jabba

discuss.

Jabba was always better at Greco

14 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Its totally right because if you watch 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and 9 consecutively you would realize that 9 basically had to undo all the damage that 8 did. Yes 9 fits with 7, but thats because its supposed to. 1 fits with 2 which fits with 3 which fits with 4 which fits with 5 which fits with 6 which fits with 7. 8 doesnt fit with anything because it tries to undo everything that happens in 1-6.

9 was ruined because of the messed up path that 8 put the series on.

Clearly you dont know that Palpatine coming back was a last minute change because of how screwed up 8 left things.

I forgot how dishonestly you argue....

2 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I forgot how dishonestly you argue....

What part was dishonest? Seriously?

You do knownthat the whole Palpatine angle was a last minute change right?

You do know it was in response to the entire story being messed up by episode 8 right?

These are pretty well know facts amongst the star wars fandom.

You claim that 9 fit perfectly with 7 right? Why is that a surprise to you? Arent sequels and subsequent movies supposed to fit with their predecessors?

Bottom line is 8 was trash and the main reason why 9 was trash.

Btw I dont think youre a dishonest person. I think you may be ignorant though. Episode 9 had to do a series of reshoots very late in the game because the production team was scrambling non-stop to correct the damage of 8.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

1 hour ago, BigTenFanboy said:

What part was dishonest? Seriously?

You do knownthat the whole Palpatine angle was a last minute change right?

You do know it was in response to the entire story being messed up by episode 8 right?

These are pretty well know facts amongst the star wars fandom.

You claim that 9 fit perfectly with 7 right? Why is that a surprise to you? Arent sequels and subsequent movies supposed to fit with their predecessors?

Bottom line is 8 was trash and the main reason why 9 was trash.

Btw I dont think youre a dishonest person. I think you may be ignorant though. Episode 9 had to do a series of reshoots very late in the game because the production team was scrambling non-stop to correct the damage of 8.

8 was a good movie on my own but it's like they had zero care for fitting into a trilogy (let alone 9 movies).  8 ties up every single possible storyline and leaves nothing left to resolve.  It leaves no believable bad guy.  8 erases Fin and Rey's story, erases Fin's usefulness, erases Rey's parents, erases Snoke, and invents space ship fuel.  It also ignores everything that came before.  In episode 5 (the best movie) Luke has half his training and can barely move his lightsaber.  In episode 8 the movie ends with an unnamed child using the force to sweep the floor with his broom.  Worst of all it has a Luke who wanted to murder a kid who might be bad, after episode 6 is resolved by Luke's belief that the most evil man in the galaxy is really good inside.  It is a problem if you arbitrarily change the basis of a character to fit the plot.  Use the cynic Han Solo to drive the kid away, not the optimist Luke Skywalker.  It just completely ignores the other movies and makes a cool space movie.  I wish they gave the director freedom to make all 3 movies, to make his own 3 outside of the skywalker timeframe, or kept him 100 miles away from episode 8.  But the way they make a movie, then erase that movie with the next movie, then erase that movie with the next movie, shows a shocking lack of planning for a multi-billion dollar property.  It results in the patchwork mess that caps off the 9 movies.

1 hour ago, boconnell said:

8 was a good movie on my own but it's like they had zero care for fitting into a trilogy (let alone 9 movies).  8 ties up every single possible storyline and leaves nothing left to resolve.  It leaves no believable bad guy.  8 erases Fin and Rey's story, erases Fin's usefulness, erases Rey's parents, erases Snoke, and invents space ship fuel.  It also ignores everything that came before.  In episode 5 (the best movie) Luke has half his training and can barely move his lightsaber.  In episode 8 the movie ends with an unnamed child using the force to sweep the floor with his broom.  Worst of all it has a Luke who wanted to murder a kid who might be bad, after episode 6 is resolved by Luke's belief that the most evil man in the galaxy is really good inside.  It is a problem if you arbitrarily change the basis of a character to fit the plot.  Use the cynic Han Solo to drive the kid away, not the optimist Luke Skywalker.  It just completely ignores the other movies and makes a cool space movie.  I wish they gave the director freedom to make all 3 movies, to make his own 3 outside of the skywalker timeframe, or kept him 100 miles away from episode 8.  But the way they make a movie, then erase that movie with the next movie, then erase that movie with the next movie, shows a shocking lack of planning for a multi-billion dollar property.  It results in the patchwork mess that caps off the 9 movies.

The plan was originally to give Rian Johnson his own trilogy. The way things are headed it looks like its not happening, which imo is great news for Star Wars fans. Good riddance.