fadzaev2

Did an assistant coaching job open up at the University of Wisconsin

I don't want to start any rumors, but a good friend of mine said he heard a rumor about a full time assistant coaching position being open in Madison.  If so, who's leaving.  If it's not true, sorry I asked.

Fadz

2 minutes ago, Konquest said:

I just saw a picture with Askren (just got an extension as RTC coach), Reader (Associate) and Bono (HC).  Do the math.

.....to the HWC? 

4 hours ago, Konquest said:

I just saw a picture with Askren (just got an extension as RTC coach), Reader (Associate) and Bono (HC).  Do the math.

You are missing McDonough.

55 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Purely my own speculation:

Does Gross meet the 1-3 years coaching experience?  I mean, he did just buy a home in the Madison area.  Bono competed for many years as an assistant coach...

The question is, who's leaving???

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

Purely my own speculation:

Does Gross meet the 1-3 years coaching experience?  I mean, he did just buy a home in the Madison area.  Bono competed for many years as an assistant coach...

The coaching experience is noted as a "preferred" attribute - not a "required" one in the job posting.

Isaac Jordan is an awful choice for any Wisconsin opening, doesn’t know what he is doing, and should just plague Indiana with his inability to coach.  Wink. Wink.   In all seriousness let him stay and help where he’s currently at rather than return to his Alma Mater in any roll. 

Edited by MadMardigain

9 hours ago, MadMardigain said:

Isaac Jordan is an awful choice for any Wisconsin opening, doesn’t know what he is doing, and should just plague Indiana with his inability to coach.  Wink. Wink.   In all seriousness let him stay and help where he’s currently at rather than return to his Alma Mater in any roll. 

Leave indiana coaches alone. This is a threat. 

11 hours ago, MadMardigain said:

Have you heard some rumors to that effect, or are you simply starting one? While Jordan has a nice connection with the Badger program, I think he would be an unusual choice for Bono. While a Badger alum, Jordan is not a native WI product, nor was he a NCAA champ (which seems to be a requirement to serve as a coach on Bono's staff). Last, Jordan was a Barry Davis guy - no connection to the current coaching regime. All that said, I have never heard anything but good about the guy - just sounds like this is coming out of left field.

Edited by npope

24 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

You must have missed the actual point of my post. 

Just agreeing with the jist of your post. 
Aim at all other programs. 

Edited by southend
New point

48 minutes ago, npope said:

Have you heard some rumors to that effect, or are you simply starting one? While Jordan has a nice connection with the Badger program, I think he would be an unusual choice for Bono. While a Badger alum, Jordan is not a native WI product, nor was he a NCAA champ (which seems to be a requirement to serve as a coach on Bono's staff). Last, Jordan was a Barry Davis guy - no connection to the current coaching regime. All that said, I have never heard anything but good about the guy - just sounds like this is coming out of left field.

I get the NCAA Champ part, but man, 4x AA and Finalist sounds every bit as good to me as a 1x Champ(depending on what he did his other 3 years).

I guess that opens up a nice new thread idea!

2 hours ago, npope said:

The Jordans all come from good "stock"...Jim and Jeff, and went through the St. Paris Graham program,  along with their respective college programs, which leads me to believe they would have great potential as coaches.