Sign in to follow this  
irani

wrestling champions

Cox has a shot at Sadulaev. He has to make it out of the US first, but he has a legitimate shot and would be fun to watch from a tactical standpoint. There may also be a round robin effect that we may never know if Cox doesn't get past Snyder...?

Cox> Sadulaev           Sadulaev>Snyder           Snyder>Cox

That's entirely within the realm of possibility. Or maybe Sadulaev stays the p4p for a while longer

ORRRRRRR since the Olympics got bumped back maybe all three go to Yariguin? Of course, Sadulaev would have to request that Cox is given the 4 seed so they can meet in the semis rather than Snyder/Cox be the 2/3 seeds and meet on the other side of the bracket. I want this to happen SO BAD.

10 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

ORRRRRRR since the Olympics got bumped back maybe all three go to Yariguin? Of course, Sadulaev would have to request that Cox is given the 4 seed so they can meet in the semis rather than Snyder/Cox be the 2/3 seeds and meet on the other side of the bracket. I want this to happen SO BAD.

Didn’t they change how they do brackets for the Yarygin a few years ago or maybe I’m thinking of a different tournament. But they basically had a Russian pool and then a rest of the world pool and the winners of the pools faced in the championship. So seeding wouldn’t matter most likely

15 minutes ago, mspart said:

It's just what he does  ha ha!  That would be a great scenario though.  But how many yariagans has Sadulaev competed in since becoming a world champ?

mspart

I believe the year he won 92kg he also competed at Yariguin, then skipped the past three years at 97kg (2020 was a weaker than usual field due to not being a UWW ranking event)