Sign in to follow this  
MadMardigain

Several Big Ten Championships re-aired on BTN on Monday

10 hours ago, dmm53 said:

2014 Big Ten finals on right now.  Wow, was Delgado ever a staller and someone who exposed his back constantly.  He would not do well under today's rules 

I agree, hated to watch him wrestle.  In neutral, whenever his opponent would take a decent shot, just hump his leg until the stalemate.  Did he take a single shot vs Megaludis?  But no stalls.  And whenever he was on top he would just leach onto a leg and end up in scramble position and then a stalemate, to build riding time.  I guess the rules allowed this at the time, but a prime example of why they were changed.    

1 hour ago, KCMO2 said:

I agree, hated to watch him wrestle.  In neutral, whenever his opponent would take a decent shot, just hump his leg until the stalemate.  Did he take a single shot vs Megaludis?  But no stalls.  And whenever he was on top he would just leach onto a leg and end up in scramble position and then a stalemate, to build riding time.  I guess the rules allowed this at the time, but a prime example of why they were changed.    

Thank goodness for the rule changes. Delgado played the system, although I can't believe the refs wouldn't call stalling on dropping to a leg and holding on when he was "riding"

4 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

I can't recall a single shot he took in the match vs Nico.  At one point, the announcers said that Nico was taking 7 times as many shots.   But I don't think Delgado was called for stalling at all.   He would back up, circle super widely, dive into a stalemate (or stall-mate) situation constantly, and hump the leg like a horny dog when he was riding.     Glad the rules changed.  It looked like Nico was shouting at him at the end of the match: probably something like "Wrestle with me, man; don't dance the tango or hump my leg"

1 hour ago, dmm53 said:

I can't recall a single shot he took in the match vs Nico.  At one point, the announcers said that Nico was taking 7 times as many shots.   But I don't think Delgado was called for stalling at all.   He would back up, circle super widely, dive into a stalemate (or stall-mate) situation constantly, and hump the leg like a horny dog when he was riding.     Glad the rules changed.  It looked like Nico was shouting at him at the end of the match: probably something like "Wrestle with me, man; don't dance the tango or hump my leg"

If he didn't take a shot, I also took 7 times as many!