matts1w

Where is Zahid?

3 minutes ago, matts1w said:

Not looking to open up old issues...  Where is Zahid Valenica? Is he training somewhere?  Can he compete this year?  Anyone know his plans?

Staying at ASU with Sunkist Kids to train 86kg

52 minutes ago, matts1w said:

Not looking to open up old issues...  Where is Zahid Valenica? Is he training somewhere?  Can he compete this year?  Anyone know his plans?

Perry and Molinaro are huge for him to train with. Nothing official, but a year suspension should be over in time for him the wrestle in the Olympic trials. 

Molinaro is pretty small, but will be a good guy to help work on a few positions. . Perry is a coach now. He won’t be doing much training. Good coach though. Zeke will be able to mostly concentrate on other areas.on another note, anyone know why Zeke fired Jamil?

3 hours ago, Downtown Brown said:

Molinaro is pretty small, but will be a good guy to help work on a few positions. . Perry is a coach now. He won’t be doing much training. Good coach though. Zeke will be able to mostly concentrate on other areas.on another note, anyone know why Zeke fired Jamil?

There's rumors as to why, but nothing official.  

9 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

Rumor?

1 hour ago, Downtown Brown said:

Did it have anything to do with a trip to Italy?hope not.

If you are looking for a rumor, heard from friend's girl friend's daughter's aunt's 3rd cousin that speculation is you are both wrong about your rumored assumptions.  ;_;

Is Zahid suspended from USA Wrestling or UWW competition? I'm not trying to start or listen to rumors. Is there a verified source saying he is or was suspended by either USA Wrestling or UWW? All I've seen is the ASU stuff which should not matter moving forward.

4 minutes ago, IronChef said:

Is Zahid suspended from USA Wrestling or UWW competition? I'm not trying to start or listen to rumors. Is there a verified source saying he is or was suspended by either USA Wrestling or UWW? All I've seen is the ASU stuff which should not matter moving forward.

Nope nothing has been announced by UWW or USAW.Only thing was ASU statement.I think people were assuming he failed in Italy due to the timing of things.I believe the test he failed was a test ASU gave him.

On 5/22/2020 at 3:31 PM, ShakaAloha said:

Is the failed test a reason for Jamil being let go?

Something to that effect seems to be what’s being implied.  But that’d be a little weird IMO if it caused Jamil to be gone but not Zahid.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Something to that effect seems to be what’s being implied.  But that’d be a little weird IMO if it caused Jamil to be gone but not Zahid.

Perhaps coaches are held to a higher standard?

3 hours ago, GranbyTroll said:

Since some of us won't say it openly: the rumor mill says that Jamil being fired has something to do with Zahid failing an ASU administered drug test. 

Can you provide the source/reference for that?